I Need advice.

yeah I actually like the hair in the red area, but im just worried if once I remove the hair in the black area the red area would stand out more but im not gonna touch that area ( at least not for now.)… Thanks for all the advice james, dfahey, and ded10

It may stand out, but your electrologist can do some thinning and feathering to make it look natural after you get the jawline and neck taken care of.

okey so here’s an update. I had a 30 minute session on monday. The area in the red circle is very red, and looks like I developed a few pimples on there. We went a little higher closer to the hairline. I dont want completely hairless look as I get closer to my hair line, but I do want the hair to be less dense, and thinner in the area that’s marked in red. sort of like my second picture the right side of my face ( AKA the good side).

from what I’ve read here is that if I get couple clearances on the area close to my hairline, and then stop the hair will be fine, and less dense? Am i right? thats my plan for now to get it cleared and then see the hair that comes back.

The good side.

My answer is, maybe? Everyone responds differently. Yes, you definitely need to keep working on the remaining hair on the jawline and part of the neck area (right side). That is a stop and go line that is way too obvious. Did you shave the left side? I really like the whispy look of the right side burn area near your hairline, but I also think it wouldn’t be wrong to still remove some selective hairs in this area.

Thanks for the pics.

Dee

In my opinion, the ideal height is the ideal universal charge, top level of the ear tag. There should finish line of hair from the scalp.

Dfahey , I know for my right side we went really high and removed too much hair. This was with my first electrologist two years ago , I didn’t like how high we went so i stopped treatments all together, and eventually over six months the hair did come back alot thinner. if that’s how my right side reacted, does it mean my left side will react the same way?? If you look at my other pics from eariler posts , that is a picture of my left side which looks way different that my right side, the little hairs that fall down are alor thicker, and more dense.
The “whispy look” On my right side is exactly what i want for my left side, just not sure how to achieve that look! I think thats what makes it look so natural.
And yes I decided to shave the area to blend it in more, while I’m getting it removed permanently.

My goddness when I decided to have this done I didnt realize it would be so difficult to get it too look natural.!!!lol

Okey due to money problems I can’t get electrolysis for 3 months, and I’ve been getting treatment weekly since last summer, will this in anyway hurt my progress??

Yes, but if there is nothing you can do, then there is nothing you can do. Stopping midway basically means that when you restart, you’ll have to waste some time treating hair in the wrong phase again while you get back to the routine. It may be a good idea to wax before your next treatment before you restart.

Today I had a 15 minute appointment with another electrologist in my area. she did thermolysis and worked on one side of my face . I couldn’t figure out what epilator she was using but when i asked her she said it was Sedona…the weird thing about her epilator was that it didn’t produce any sound. As for the eye wear she had a magnifying lamp. She was super fast, though I did feel like she plucked about 10 hair in a 15 minute session, But that’s normal right. I have to rate her 7 out of 10. I guess my search for the perfect electrologist continues.

Roma do not despair, if your search is in Spanish territory, it would be like seeking the Holy Grail, that is, mission impossible. :cry:

I haven’t given up hope ded10. I’m still seeing my electrologist weekly, but mean while looking for someone that has more experience with the new technology. My electrolgist has both the Senior, and platnium Apilus epilators. She doesn’t like using them, and I don’t want to push her, since I don’t think she has enough experience with it. I don’t want to be the guinea pig. I have pushed her to use the picoflash on my stomach, but i can tell she isn’t very comfortable with it. from what I’ve read on I know there is a greater chance of skin damage if thermolysis isn’t performed correctly.

Sincerely, Roma, I can understand that someone in possession of the Platinum and do not use. This machine is really fantastic. Have a system, Multiplex, which changes the meaning of what we knew as Electrolysis.
It’s like having a bomb at home and make do with using firecrackers.
I can not conceive of working with another machine after having known it. Neither my customers either.
I disagree with many of the recommendations made by the Dectro, but I have to admit that their engineering is exceptional.

Is that the correct spelling of the epilator? Or is it Sudonna? If it is what I’m thinking, then that is a very old machine. I may be wrong about this, but I am curious about the exact spelling. Whatever it is, I’m sure it can’t come close the Apilus Platinum. Just finished a 5 1/2 hour clearance on a man’s beard today and wowie, how great the skin looked and how well the machine performed for this tough hair. Maybe she is waiting for the chance to get training on the Platinum? When she starts to use it, she will never look back at that old epilator.

Dee

Dfahey Im not sure about the spelling, Your right the epilator did look very outdated. My current electrologist uses the platinum on my stomach( only if i ask for it) but i can tell she is not comftroble with it, and at I can feel plucking when she isnt using her clareblend. Today the lady that i had a sample treatment with used the Sudonna, which left my skin extremely red… Im still sort of red from this mornings session.

Use cold aloe vera gel as much as you want for the redness. You’ll be fine. The Platinum would be wonderful for any area, but she is smart not to use it if she is uncomfortable.

This is the “Sudonna” epilator, someone offered to sell me one of these a while back.
http://www.laserlaser.com/images/Epilator.Thermaderm.Sudonna.jpg

The site I found the picture on claims it is from around 1980.

Whoa baby, this is older than that! Probably the early to middle '70’s. It’s not too nice to the skin, but will definitely remove hair permanently. This would be a gem if it were bought for an electrolysis museum.

As always, thanks Vickie.

Dee

This is the same one … It didnt produce any noise, so for the first couple minutes i had no idea she was treating me I thought she was digging out ingrown hair!lol

Dee, if our Platinum was able to suck the hairs at the same time as we try, it would be perfect, do not you think?

Do you accept suggestions Dectro engineers? note

No. I have figured things out mostly on my own, but I have had help and discussions with colleagues, sharing information. James has been a great help. He’s really smart. The Dectro instruction book is not all that helpful and there is no video to refer to. I could probably contact someone at Dectro and I assume they would helpful, but I’m doing okay. As I said on the AEA forum, the Platinum is a gift.