I just need clarification and answers

If you could put a picture of the area being cleaned every week, maybe we could see if it is re-growth, or they are new hairs.

My advice is to talk openly with her. Tell her you’re not seeing much progress, and you wish she insist on having good releases in EACH treated hair. I’m sure she is doing everything possible, but maybe she is being cautious because of your obvious anxiety. A professional with 30 years of experience can “intuit” these things.

I’ll try to post pictures, right now my camera is having a problem.

I haven’t discussed settings with her. I never told her I was concerned about post treatment redness and I never told her to lower settings.

I just don’t like to question her because she has been doing this a long time and I don’t want her to think I don’t trust her.

I just wanted to know if you have a bad case is it normal for areas to be recleaned every week? Is it possible for hairs to just need many treatments to stop growing?

I’ve seen a reduction in the areas, but they have never remained clear for longer than 5 days.

Thanks

If she has been doing this for a long time, she must have customers who are in their final stage. Have not you coincided with someone else in the waiting room? talk to someone who has made the same way helps a lot.

Well, I have seen clients before and after me, but we have scheduled times, so nobody really sees anyone enough to talk.

She might be very good at what she does and my progress may be normal, but I just have nothing to compare it to. I don’t really know how much regrowth is normal on a bad case after 6 hours and 45 minutes.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate your time.

The total time of the session not mean much. This may vary according to the method, the settings, and the practitioner (speed and skill in the insertions).

One more question. You assure that you have not touched the hairs since you started, and I believe you. How long it takes to re-clean the areas now in relation to the beginning?

I understand your impatience, GH, I’ve been there, it took me about 3-4 months (1 house a week) before I noticed results… I had really coarse hairs, it’s only when I didn’t feel them coming out that I knew it was working!

I’ve read on here about feeling ‘plucking’ and and ‘smooth release’ … When I’ve had treatment I’ve never felt either, all I felt was a slight hot sensation as the probe was going in.

I don’t have to re clean those areas that much throughout the week, she re cleans them every week, so I don’t have to.
I just have to trim with scissors or bleach a little.

I just wish there would be no regrowth. I just want to make sure the regrowth is normal.

I have coarse dark hair close together. The regrowth starts 4-5 days after treatment and the hairs are further apart and finer/lighter.

It takes her less time to re clean the areas each week too because she has moved outward to some new areas. She has been treating the sides of my chin then moving out to my jawline and up my face.

Thanks for the help!!

Hi, it’s not that I’m impatient, I just want to know it’s working and my progress is normal and on track.

I just can’t stand constantly questioning my progress. Its just electrolysis is expensive, painful and time consuming, so I just am concerned of wasting money and time.

I know electrolysis works, I just hope it works with her because of the money and time I’ve invested already and she’s in a good location, good price, is nice and has flexible appointments.

I don’t have many electrolysis to choose from. She’s the only one that called me back in my area.

She also was the first one I saw while searching online for one in my area.

I feel a sharp pinch, then nothing, or a slight pull on new untreated hairs.

I have seen improvement in the spots she’s done, but she clears them every week.

If my progress is normal and it just takes time on my bad case, then that would be fine. I would be happy there is a light at the end of the tunnel and this will just be a memory one day.

But I just need assurance my progress is on track.

This past week the spots she’s been doing have reduced, but hairs have still regrown. She told me that she doesn’t need to spend as long recleaning those spots and she can branch out to new areas. She told me the hair is much finer. Instead of having all these coarse hairs, now there medium to fine.
So is this what is supposed to happen? Each coarse hair needs to become finer and finer until eventually stop growing?

Thanks!

No, not according to me. Coarse hairs can be destroyed in one burst of energy. If some hair germ cells are left, then yes the hair will return in a finer form. That can happen, but it shouldn’t happen with every coarse hair treated or the hair is being under treated.

By the way, how does she or how does anyone know for sure that the thin hair that appears weeks later is a coarse hair that was zapped weeks ago?

I subscribe to the “one and done” way of treating individual hairs. Zap with a “die! bitch! die!” can do attitude and those hairs are one and done.

Thanks so much for your reply.

I think your method sounds good. I wish hairs could be one and done, but is that the only method that works? I mean if my hairs keep getting finer as hair cells become killed, will the hairs stop growing eventually. One and done method seem faster, but is that the only method that works?

My hairs don’t feel like they’re being pulled. Maybe the coarser ones here and there.

Well I dont know that the hairs that are finer are the ones she treated last week or the week before. The areas she’s been doing for months have reduced and gotten finer.

I just hope it works!
She said the hairs that keep regrowing are finer and easier to treat now.

Any thoughts on my above post? There is regrowth this week, hairs look the same but there are less of them.
Instead of all the hairs next to each other they’re further apart.

If my hairs keep getting finer as hair cells become killed, will the hairs stop growing eventually. One and done method seem faster, but is that the only method that works?

This idea is wrong. The zap kill the hair or don’t kill the hair. If the hair is growing again and again, even finer, it means he won’t stop growing.

Some profesional pluckers advertize their business saying that you have to do regular sessions during years and the hair will be finer and finer and finer… and one day, will desappear…

I’m so sad to read this. My electrologist has over 30 years of experience and appears to know what she’s doing.
I just don’t know what to think or do anymore.

I have such conflicting information on this thread. I appreciate everyone’s time, but I still am confused.
She told me my hair is getting finer and it takes her less time to reclean these areas each week.

So, each zap is supposed to kill the hair completely?
Well, I guess if that’s the case, my electrologist isn’t doing it right.
I always leave my treatment seeing very clearly where she worked, then within the week hairs recover the area. This has been going on since November. I have had 7 hr and 15 min done on my beard.

I just don’t have anyone else to go to.

I guess I’ll keep looking. She is just such a good price, location, nice and flexible scheduling.
None of this matters though if it’s not going to work.

So her method isn’t correct? She does have other clients and there aren’t any bad reviews of her online. I talked to one of her clients and she said she used to go twice a month now she goes once a month because her hair is less.

I see some reduction in these spots. It’s just so slow and hairs I thought were killed weeks ago came back.

I have so many coarse hairs I have no clue if its working. I just wanted more clarification with this.

I thought each hair has hair cells and when the hair gets finer it means cells are dying, the more the hair is treated the more cells die?

So why isn’t she doing the one and done method? Why would she be doing it wrong after all these years? She seems like she really wants to help people and doesn’t seem like she is just in it for the money.

It’s just how hard is electrolysis? The probe goes into the follicle, she steps down on the machine to insert energy to kill the hair, then the hair releases, it’s not brain surgery. I just don’t understand how someone can do it wrong after so long?

I mean it seems like you can get the hang of it pretty quickly?

I suppose she works that way because she learned that way.
I understand you could be worry, but I don’t get why you say being confused. I read all the thread and everybody here advice you and give you informations in the same way.
Why are you confused ?

As already said Michael Bono, 7 hours for a “beard” case is nothing. So you have to have realistic expectations. However the “more and more finer hair thing”… Is not a good sign in my opinion.

Have you ever considered to do a patch test in an area where hair are not removed (no shave, no wax) for more than 4 months ? For example on the arm.
You could ask her to remove hair in a little circle and wait 2 months after the session. You should notice a significant reduction of the density.

Adrien … good try "mate.’

Without photos (were there any?) none of us have any idea of what’s actually going on with this poor be-deviled poster. As they say is sailing: "We’re just pissin’ to ‘windward’!’

My guess is that we are all talking about the same things but have interpreted what the poster is saying in our own way. For example, "seeing finer hairs’ is FINE as long as they are the early anagen hairs returning from resting stage.

Continued gobs of "information’ (or lack thereof) is only … prima facie … going to cause MORE confusion in the poster’s mind. It’s like a person trying to understand "God’ by studying all the religions and reading all the "Holy Books’ in the entire world: the only outcome is total confusion.

The poster is looking for absolute certainty on every issue. And guess what … there is no such thing! At some point it becomes "a matter of faith!’

I didn’t say that seeing fine hair is a bad thing. Of course it is normal. However I am criticizing the protocole of “getting killed” progressively the hair (in a lot of cases it means zapping the same follicule over and over again and tweezing). We all know the consequences of such treatment.

You are perfectly right, we do not have all the elements (pics for example) to do a complete statement about what is going on with the poster.

She may have the possibility to trust her electrologist and after a year of treatment and photos, we could continue this thread.

Sure Adrien … I knew exactly what you meant.

It’s just that the poster will not. Now (he or she) as two ideas about “fine hair” and will be further “confused.” It’s really sort of hopeless.

It could be that the fine hair is untreated hair, as well. It’s a common strategy to take out the thick hairs first, leaving the thinner hairs for later, since it’ll have a more immediate impact on appearance*. That said, if the area is being completely cleared every time, that likely isn’t the case.

• I have an older woman whom has had a full beard for her entire life. We started by removing all of the thick hairs and, after she stopped shaving about 6 months in, she’s now mortified with the thinner hair that she never realized was there (longish vellus hair - thin enough to not feel the stubble after shaving, but now long enough that she doesn’t like the appearance) and wants to remove that too.

Having a lot of experience at something doesn’t mean you’re good at it. Despite decades of trying, I’m no good at drawing - sure, it’s probably because I don’t have a natural gift for it and never learned the proper techniques, but electrolysis isn’t any different in that regard.

I have such conflicting information on this thread. I appreciate everyone’s time, but I still am confused.
She told me my hair is getting finer and it takes her less time to reclean these areas each week.

So, each zap is supposed to kill the hair completely?
Well, I guess if that’s the case, my electrologist isn’t doing it right.

A lot of electrologists were taught that you gradually kill the hair over time. They’re wrong. That they were taught poorly, doesn’t excuse the fact that they didn’t take the time to learn or develop better techniques during their career. Unfortunately, for a lot of electrologists (and honestly, pick any field), they stop learning the day they “finish” school.

I guess I’ll keep looking. She is just such a good price, location, nice and flexible scheduling.

snip

So why isn’t she doing the one and done method? Why would she be doing it wrong after all these years? She seems like she really wants to help people and doesn’t seem like she is just in it for the money.

I know a bunch of people that go to a local doctor… I hear things about how he’s a really nice guy. Despite his license, he doesn’t really understand what he’s doing, but they go there anyway, since he’s a nice guy. Personally, I don’t care if my doctors are nice, I care if they’re competent.

It’s just how hard is electrolysis? The probe goes into the follicle, she steps down on the machine to insert energy to kill the hair, then the hair releases, it’s not brain surgery. I just don’t understand how someone can do it wrong after so long?

I mean it seems like you can get the hang of it pretty quickly?

The theory behind electrolysis is pretty simple to learn. The practice of electrolysis is much harder to get good at, especially if you were poorly taught or became complacent.

Ultimately, everything comes down to settings (which, honestly, are pretty easy most of the time) and quality insertions. In most cases, insertions can be pretty easy (still requiring practice), in others, they can be very challenging. There are a ton of tools (proper lighting and magnification, better probes, etc) and techniques (stretching the skin, positioning, etc) that can help. Not every professional will make the investment to do better insertions and, frankly, they’re doing a disservice to their clients, so their clients should find someone better.