I just need clarification and answers

Well, I don’t know about this …

But I do know about language, because all language and "words’ are symbolic and representational. That’s why we have "the Court’ to interpret the Constitution and that’s why we have zillions of different versions of all religions (based on the same words in the same holy books). It’s estimated that we have 350 versions of Christianity alone, all based on the Bible. So, which one is right? Well, "my version’ of course.

My take on the "pop’ thing (or the scab thing, etc.), is that if people could sit together and look at what is being talked about we would all probably just say, "Oh yeah … THAT … sure.’ Overall it’s not beneficial for you (the client) to focus too much on your treatment in progress. Sure, if you feel every hair being tweezed that’s bad.

The only "thing’ that matters is getting permanent results and you "gotta wait it out.’

(I want to take a course in coarse hairs … of course! Or is that, “of coarse” … it could be, depending on your interpretation. See?)

Good point.

Speaking of language, in this case, “COARSE”, as stated in the dictionary, could also be interpreted as a ‘lack of delicacy and taste’ in the treatment of a non-native English speaker.

It’s not new growth because I know my face so well.
I have seen a reduction in the spots she’s done, but she clears them every week.
I probably will take longer than a year because I go 30 minutes a week and have a lot of coarse facial hair.

I know it will be worth every second and dollar. I just hope it works

Do you have hair courser/thicker that those on this video ? Because all was removing without any resistance at all.
You should not feel any resistance, pluck or pop, anything, nada !
Even if it has been suggested in this thread making each hair slide out without any resistance can cause holes in your skin, I can guarantee that this is completely false [/quote]

My facial hair isn’t quite that coarse or as much.

I usually don’t feel any resistance, but some never before treated hairs do have a little resistance.

Occasionally I’ll feel a slight pull.

It’s not the same feeling as when I’ve plucked. I never plucked that much though.

Thank you all for your help and advice.

If a hair doesn’t come back in a year does that mean the hair is dead and will never return?

Yes, but you do not need to wait a year to be certain.
What worries me is your lack of confidence at this stage of treatment.

I know there are customers who focus only on remaining hairs, instead of considering the killed hairs. However, this constant need to re-clean the same areas every week for the last (how many?) 4 months? especially when you say that it was untouched hair? ummm …

Do you have advanced into new areas?

In untouched hairs, the clearances (if complete) can not be weekly for one simple reason, because there is insufficient time to regrow. Unless the hairs are being undertreated, in which case it would be tweezing, not electrolysis.

I just discovered that a young woman I have seen every two weeks since November has been tweezing “just a little bit” in her words. Her mother was very suspicious that what I was doing was not working. She kept asked me sternly why the hair seems to be about the same. ( I asked myself the same question). The girl finally admitted that she had been tweezing all this time. Thank goodness she is a honest one!

If any tweezing or pulling of any kind takes place, it defeats the electrolysis process. Tweezing, waxing, finger pulling, threading and sugaring is a big NO! NO! while one gets electrolysis.

Also, you cant fully understand how far you have come unless you take pre-electrolysis pictures of an untouched area.

We are born with an average of five million hair follicles on the head alone, with 150,000 being on the scalp. Talk about big hurdles.

It is true that once the COARSE hairs are killed, then the eye focuses on the medium hairs. Once the medium hairs are killed, then the eye focuses on the smaller hairs.

Have faith and trust. Leave the hair undisturbed. No pulling in between sessions, especially. You should feel no pulling during a treatment.

I have been going since November. However I only went like twice in November and each session was 15 minutes. In December I went twice for 15 minutes as well. I started religiously going every week in January. I have had 6 hours now of treatment.

It took pretty much up until now to start to spread out to other areas a little.
Every week there has been some regrowth on the areas she’s been doing. A reduction definitely, but still regrowth in those spots. She usually cleans up those areas every week and then branches out a little.
I kept wondering and being concerned, but people on here told me to relax and let her work. I thought it was a process and it takes time for areas to get to clearance?
I go 30 minutes a week now.
I thought the hair had to be in a certain phase to be properly treated? I thought all the cells from the follicle had to be killed that’s why the hairs are less dark and thick?
I am noticing the finer hairs on these spots more because the coarser ones are gone.

Now I’m worried again. I just thought every electrolysis machine and method works, but some are faster or better than others?

I don’t do anything to these areas. She cleans them up every week, so I don’t really have to do much until my next treatment.

The only thing I have ever done to my facial hair is shave and trim/bleach. I have rarely plucked and if I have it was awhile ago and only a few hairs.

I sometimes don’t realize how much hair I had to begin with, that’s my problem.

I really like my electrologist. She is a good price, location, flexible hours and she is nice. I had a hard time finding one.

I just hope this works.

I am trying to not micro manage.
I thought some weeks you have more regrowth than others?

I had my last treatment on Wed. She clears alot off and afterwards you can really see where she worked.
However within 3-4 days it becomes less clear.

These sections are lessened, but there are still hairs and black dots.

It takes her less time to clean these areas up each week, so she does have more time to spread out to other areas.

I just don’t know what’s normal.

Most the time the hairs do slide out. Sometimes I’ll feel a tug on a few, but it still doesn’t feel the same as when I have plucked.

I have had 6 hours and 15 minutes done so far. I started the beginning of Nov., but have religiously been going every week since January.

Is this all sound like progress.

The spots are lessened and every week it takes less time for her to clear them again, so she can move on to other areas. I have dark coarse hair.

I also have high testosterone and hirsutism. Will electrolysis take longer because of this or will it even work unless I go on meds?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks

I am going to answer you with a little bit of lateness. But better late than never.

Firstable, I apologize to you for my mistake.

A practicionner can blast a hole in a follicule and even on the skin but the hair still offer resistance ! You can see this on some videos here and there :

And, I already heard the same thing about “overkill” over and over again from the Dectro electrologists, those who pluck hair. If a follicule is not properly treated, he will resist when you will try to remove it, and if you feel something (pop, bim, boom… whatever you call it), he will grow again.

Thanks for the advice. I just still feel confused about electrolysis. I have had 6 hours and 45 minutes done. I have a bad facial hair problem. I do see a reduction in the areas she treated. It’s just I go every week for a half hour and she has to reclean the same areas each week and then she moves outward to other spots. Sometimes there is more regrowth than others certain weeks.

I wouldn’t mind if this is what is supposed to happen. Like it’s just a long process when you have alot of coarse facial hair and each hair might need to be treated multiple times.

I just hope this won’t be a waste of money, pain and time.

I feel some tugging here and there. Not every hair slides out.

I just keep reading for it to work you need a really experienced person, than on another thread you have people buying machines and doing it themselves.

I just don’t know if my experience is normal or not.

I go every week for 30 minutes. She clears alot off the sides of my chin, but within the week hair starts growing back. Yes, it’s lighter and less, but when should it stop returning? How many clearances are necessary on a spot for it to remain hair free?

The woman I go to has been doing electrolysis for 30 years. I don’t really know how many clients she has, but she does have a business. I just can’t stand always wondering if it’s working.

It’s very depressing seeing hairs returning and feeling like there’s little progress.
I am the type that doesn’t noticed the killed hairs, just keeps noticing the ones that remain.
Again my facial hair is not a few stays, it’s pretty much a coarse beard.
First time hairs that have been shaved do sometimes have a pull when treated

I just wish I could understand electrolysis a little better and it was more clear what should happen.

I don’t have many electrologists to choose from, so I don’t want to leave if things are normal and it just takes alot of time to see results when you have a ton of facial hair.

So, should I leave because I feel a tug or pull on some hairs?

Sometimes I read I should but have hair returning in those spots anymore, then I read I’m just beginning of the road.

Any clarification and continuing advice is greatly appreciated.

Dear GH101,

You’ve got six pages of responses on this semi-prosaic site. And you’re repeatedly asking the same questions: the identical ones you asked at the very outset of your query.

Unless you can bring your face … right through the computer screen … there is nobody here that can answer your questions any better than what has been excruciatingly attempted … (and very well, I might add; good job people). You offer no photos so, again, how the "bloody-screaming follicle’ can we say anything definitive?

Okay, I understand your expression of anxiety … but, your apprehensions would be better discussed with your actual electrologist: you know, the one working on you? That one!

Your statement, "I just still feel confused about electrolysis’ has lost traction and is becoming tedious because you already have the best answers possible from all the fine contributors on this site. Let me be direct: nobody here can do anything more for you on this issue; I think we’re "tapped out?’

Okay, let’s do this.

From what little you’ve stated (your "beard?’); I would give you an estimate of at 30 – 40 hours for your "big job.’ So, at 30-minutes per week, that yields 2-hours per month. So, there it is: about 2-years to get this finished-up.

You know that kid in the back seat of your car that says, "Are we there yet? … Are we there yet? … Are we there yet?’ The 200 mile trip is still 200 miles.

I dont feel that consumers should be discouraged from asking questions and seeking support even if you find answering them tedious.If they are still asking the same questions, then it just indicates they either werent comfortable with the assurances already given, or didnt understand them. Ask away GH, it’s what this site is for and dont let anyone tell you it isnt okay to ask questions .If someone has something to contribute they think might be helpful, they will do so.

Seana

I understand that I keep repeating myself Michael. I just read an answer from you like I am beginning my journey and I have to be patient.

Then I see Josefa’s response and I get concerned.
Her response was

I don’t know who to believe. I appreciate everyone’s time and advice, I just want to make sure I am on track with progress.

Thanks Seana for your kind words, I appreciate your advice and help through my journey.

To find out exactly what’s going on, I would like to know your answer to several questions. May l?

On several occasions you have said that you can not tolerate the pain, and therefore your electrologist has had to lower values ​​to the point where the treatments were tolerable, but then you noticed more the “tug” effect , right?
You also said that you are very concerned about the post-treatment reaction. It really was unbearable? or it was your fear of too much reaction? What type and degree of reaction you expect exactly when your electrologist works for 30 minutes in a small area such as the chin, especially with deep roots? A slight reddening for an hour? Zero inflammation?

Have you told your electrologist you want to avoid the appearance of small scabs, or post-treatment inflammation?

You also said that when your electrologist was working with some higher values, you could feel the hairs glided better. What made her change the settings? Was it because of your suggestion?

I’ll tell you what I would expect to see. Redness for a few hours, plus, from moderate to significant, swelling for at least 48 hours. Especially, when you wake up the next day (accumulated fluids when you remain in a horizontal position during sleeping hours). If the hairs are thick, as you have described, the roots are deep. Therefore, your electrologist have to do a controlled burn of 3 or 4 mm deep into each follicle in order to replace them with a new tissue.

What you will not have is 100% kill rate, without pain, and without any reaction.

You have to choose, or good and fast results with moderate pain + logic temporary post-treatment reaction= 0 tugs . Or slow results with just some discomfort+ little to no reaction = frequent tugs.

Thank you for your reply and I am pleased to answer your questions.

I wasn’t upset by your initial response, it just made me confused and worried my electrolysis isn’t working like it should.

In the beginning I was concerned about pain and what my skin would look like after treatment. I am no longer concerned. Now I feel whatever the pain needs to be for the hairs to release so be it. I just want it to work, so I have never told her to lower the settings. My sister gets treated before me and she used to ask her to lower the settings, so my electrologist just kept the same settings for me.
I have noticed some treatments were less painful than others and I felt more of a tug, but I never discuss settings with her.
After treatment my skin is a little red, but by the next day it just looks a little red with a few red dots, but after that it goes back to normal.I apply witch hazel and aloe.

My chin has medium hair, the sides and my jaw have coarse hair and my reactions are similar. I wouldn’t mind post treatment reaction as long as the treatment is working. I just want it to work and my facial hair decrease.

I never told my electrologist I don’t want post treatment inflammation.

I only originally told her I was allergic to nickel so I was concerned about excess redness, but that hasn’t been an issue.

I never discussed with her settings. I just let her work. I don’t micro manage and badger her with questions, that’s what I have this forum for lol :slight_smile:
Thanks so much for your reply.

I only have redness for maybe a day and no inflammation. My hairs are coarse and dark. I have a beard pretty much, hairs are close together. I don’t think my hairs are that deep though.

I don’t mind a reaction and pain as long as treatment works. I never told her to lower settings or I am concerned about post treatment redness.

I don’t discuss with her settings.

I just want to make sure my progress is on target.

She recleans the same areas then moves on to different spots slowly.

Sometimes I have more regrowth certain weeks than others.

The spots she’s done have reduced, but hairs still pop back up.

Thanks again for the help!!