I am planning to remove transplanted hair, is my plan possible? and questions

I live in Bangkok,Thailand. I have done 1600 grafts of hair transplant 4 months ago. I was so stupid because I was not even balding! I just have big forehead. And now it looks so weird that I don’t want to see myself in the mirror. I would give anything to go back to be same.

The doctor did transplant about 1600 grafts in front of my hairline and some within the old hairline. I have a plan. Can you please help me check if it is a possible plan. I will wait until all hairs grow out. Before that, I will keep shaving transplanted hair in front of my old hairline, to make my old hairline longer than my transplanted hair, so maybe the electrologist will know the area I want to remove. when all my transplanted hair grows, I will go to electrologist and remove my transplanted hair in front of my hairline. the problems are

1. Can the length of the hair be used to distinguish the hair I want to remove from the hair I want to keep?
  2. If not, what are my choices, may be something to draw a line?
  3. how long does take to remove 1600 grafts (about 3200 hairs)?

Yes, you can remove transplanted hairs, but there may be tiny bumps or discoloration where the hairs used to be.

Your best bet is to let all the hair grow out so you can see if you like it or not. Then you can target individual hairs. I recommend using makeup to create the hairline you want. Be sure the practitioner takes a picture of it.

I’m sorry you’re not happy with the result! Are you sure you won’t get used to it in time? I’d hate for you to lose all that money!

1 Like

Thank you very much
For now, I don’t think I can get used to it.

Are bumps and discoloration permanent?

You will probably be able to see tiny bumps or indentations at the transplant sites when the hair is removed.

Depending on how your scars heal, they may also be a little lighter or darker than your skin.

1 Like

I remove hair transplants.
I do not know what technique your surgeon used.
Do you have photos? Shave the area so we can see the skin better.

My suggestion is that you begin electrolysis having the hairs that are lowest on your forehead treated first. Start with the sides, not the direct center and have the work done symmetrically working your way across NOT UP.

Transplants have been my most difficult challenge. These hairs are often placed in pairs and are deeply planted 5mm. Because they are not shallow, I tend to use galvanic to get easy releases. When I used thermolysis, I had to use very long timing or very high settings and I don’t like to work that way so I opt for galvanic when doing these hair transplant removals.

I am looking forward to hearing about and seeing your progress and learning about how your electrologist handles your situation.

Again, show us photos of how the tissue looks and I will try to ascertain if you will be left with obvious skin indentations. These days, I do not see plugs, I see tiny grafts and the hair transplant skin looks a lot better.

2 Likes

Thank you very much
May I ask a few more questions.

1. how many hair per minute?
  2. how many sessions to destroy 1 hair?
    so that I know how much money I need to save up.

Thank you very much.

With implants, the electrologist is going to have to meet with you and administer a short treatment.
Implants have been the most challenging for me but I have been lucky enough to work on them with success but it took some trial and error. Transplant removal has been unlike any other for me.

Did the MD put 2 or 3 in a single follicle?

Right now, forget about the amount of hairs that can be removed per minute and how many times the follicle will need to be treated.

Right now, the concern should be:
Is the electrologist able to get smooth and easy releases without you feeling any pulling or tugging?
If you feel resistance, those follicles will most likely need several treatments each.
Those hairs must slide out easily.
That is my advice.
Once you get a sample treatment and experience easy releases, then discuss hairs per minute and cost as this number will vary.

2 Likes