How to find an electrologist in your area

There is also the Federal Canadian Electroysis Association FCEA.org
Some provinces by individual associations as well.
I’m a member of the Ontario chapter www.fceaontario.org

I have been researching electrolysis for what seems to be years now. I am a 23 year old female with excessive growth on my sideburns and pubic area. I have contemplated between laser and electrolysis for quite some time and have finally decided on electrolysis. I have searched high and low for a reputable electrologist in massachusetts near where I live and finally found an esthetician by the name of Dr. Lana Shnayder who has a business in Wellesley Massachusetts called Superior Skin Care and Electrology. I am so scared I will get pitting, scarring, hyper pigmentation, etc. I have read so many horror stories on this forum and though Dr. Shnayder has good reviews on yelp I am still so scared. I am going for a consultation this Saturday. Has anyone heard of this esthetician before? Can anyone ease my fears? How can I be sure I won’t end up looking like swiss cheese? Please Help!!

Any recommendations in the San Francisco Bay Area? I need to remove some transplanted hairs from hairline.

Can anyone help me find a reputable electrologist in my area? I am having a hard time finding anyone near me and if I do seem to find an electrologist online, the number for them is no longer in service or they never answer. I am located in Grand Forks, ND. I am willing to travel but it seems to me that the closest place would be Minneapolis and I don’t ave the time to drive 5 hours down there everytime.

I dont know of any to be honest. You might try perusing the listings for north dakota and Minnesota here :

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/80/1/North_Dakota.html

http://www.hairtell.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/forums/70/1/Minnesota.html

Be warned, some of the listings are likely to be quite old and may no longer be accurate.

Seana

Hey everyone, does anyone know of a reputable electrologist in Victoria, British Columbia?

Thanks!
Colleen

Any suggestions of reputed electrologists for the Houston area?

Hi Colleen, have you found an electrologist in Victoria? I am looking for one as well!

Here is a Certified Member of the Canadian Organization of Professional Electrologists:

Iga Lejer CE, CCE, RDT, Laser
Iga’s Electrolysis & Laser
390 - 1641 Hillside Avenue
Victoria, BC V8T 5G1
250-721-9910
igalejer@gmail.com
igaslaser.com

Lucie, thank you for helping out on that!

I’m still looking for an electrologist in my area if anyone could be of any help . I live in Northwest minnesota and The nearest electrologist seems to be at least 4-5 hours away which isn’t close enough for me.

Sorry. There are not enough of us. Why? I don’t know. It is a fun profession where you are your own boss.

Dee,

Do you think a man could make a living as an electrologist? I would assume that most customers are female and would prefer a female technician, which would make it more difficult for a man to find clients. What are your thoughts?

There are many men who are employed as an electrologist! Of course, this is a very viable profession for a man. Ask Mike Bono, James Walker, Fino Gior and his son, Skip Mahler, Lorenzo Kuntz and who did I leave out? They are all excellent male electrologists. I see a couple of men at my continuing education events.

I think men are very valuable to the electrolysis profession. If Monkey’s were capable of doing electrolysis, I’d be praising monkey’s too. Not trying to equate men with monkey’s, so don’t take offense anyone.

Most all of the pioneering in our industry has been done by men and there are more male electrologists than one would think.

I was assuming it would be more difficult for a male electrologist to find clients because I also assume that most clients would be female and females would prefer a female tech.

Only basing this on my experience with laser hair removal. I’ve been to several different places and never seen a male tech.

They are rare. The practice of electrology is a female dominated profession but they do exist just like male nurses exist in another female dominated profession.

I’ve extended my search for an electrologist into Canada. im not sure what regulations they have for getting a license, but would anyone know of good electrologists in Winnipeg, Manitoba?

Manitoba is the only province in canada with an form of electrology licensing, and it’s in the form of an apprenticeship program/certification AND a you need a permission to practise certificate. The information on it is here:

The rest of the country electrology is wholly unlicensed and uncontrolled activity.

Perhaps this is why Manitoba is about the only province I dont have a professional contact or reference for.

Seana, do you wish the whole country was licensed?