How to find an electrologist in your area

absolutely not!
Gosh I thought my position of anti-licensing anti-barrier was well established? I must not be trying hard enough!

Seana

Thanks for your answer.

New user here, long and exhausting hair-removal journey. Iā€™ve searched the forum for Toronto-based recommendations and saw a few places mentioned; mostly negative reviews though.

I will be contacting Rea from follikill for a consult; just wondering if someone might have more recommendations. You will be saving me a lot of time/money/unnecessary pain, so much appreciated!

Rea would be my first choice.I dont have any others in toronto that I know of their work.

Does anyone know of an electrologist in the Chicago area willing to do a Brazilian? Iā€™m currently working with an electrologist who Iā€™m very pleased with on my underarms, but she says she only does bikini lines.

Kelly Inc.

Kelly offers anesthetic help (injections), too. There is no doubt that you will be so pleased with Kelly and her team.

http://www.izapem.com/

Thanks to both of you! I will certainly get in touch with her.

I am planning on traveling from the US to Canada to see an electrologist so I will have to cross the border. I donā€™t want to get grilled by customs but is it okay to say Iā€™m getting electrolysis done or is that not something I should do?

I would say that you are FREE to say what you want, but I would always choose to be honest. You could say (with all honesty, but maybe not a straight face) that you are having microsurgery on your hair follicles, without saying the word ā€˜electrolysisā€™. That sounds really important, serious and very cool.

I think the thing to remember at border crossing is that they are looking for any signs of deception. So therefor Deeā€™s coy response is probably not helpful in this regard. Its safe to be honest.

Iā€™ve tried 2 local Electrologists and I would say my experience at both places was not successful, so I am still looking. The first time I used no pain medication or cream of any kind and it hurt so badly that I only had 1 hair done.

The second time was with a different Electrologist and recticare was used, and I noticed no difference in pain level between that session and the session with the first Electrologist. I was only able to tolerate 1 hair. After that, I tried laser but only one session, and only 3 or 4 hairs fell out from that.

The area in question that I was targeting both times was on my toes, which have thick, dark, course hair that I shave twice a week.

What I am seeking is someone who is legally allowed to administer safe and effective pain medication for treatment of electrolysis.

Or, a less painful machine. I looked up electrology machines to see which one is the least painful, and it looks like something called apilus platinum, but I have not yet experienced that machine and Iā€™m not sure if that machine would make much difference in my pain level on my toes. My pain levels would need to be reduced by at least half in order to tolerate more than 1 hair being done.

What should I do? I want to get these toes done and then move on to other areas and this has dragged out for 2 years already. Any advice is much appreciated.

The only way you are going to settle on someone is get as many consults and short treatments as possible, so you can compare skill level. I removed coarse hairs from male toes this week. It took about 9 minutes per toe, He was cleared in 43 minutes. He tolerated it well, but it was not painless. I always use high intensity and lower timing (PicoFlash) and I ā€œpull, press and pinchā€ on this sensitive area to fool the nerve impulses. That seems to help, but you still have to be courageous and bold to get it cleared and keep it cleared over time. You can take whatever pain medication you use for a headache to take off the edge. You can ice the area above where work is being done?

Hi, new user here!
I was wondering if theres any suggestions for electrologists in Spain, France or Germany maybe, who can do long sessions since I have to travel to be treated.
Iā€™ve been told that I probably wonā€™t be treated here (Portugal) because my hair is too fine for electrolysis, so Iā€™m looking for other solutions, since we donā€™t have many electrologists here.
I want to start electrolysis on my stomach, upper back and face. I just bleach the hairs on these areas. Recently did a laser session on my stomach, to reduce coarser hairs (I have this fine middle line on my stomach), but i know this wonā€™t remove them permanently.
Iā€™m female btw.

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance!

Your English is excellent.

Electrolysis is the DOMAIN for treating finer hairs! No hair is too fine. The trouble may lie with the person that told you that, meaning, THEY canā€™t see the hair.

There are many European electrologists that would help you. I will put out the word and hopefully some will private message you.

Thank you so much Dee!
They can see it, they just said that the hair is too fine so they wouldnā€™t be able to insert the probe (I think this is the right name for it).
The hair is not short, it is fine but brown and long and I donā€™t want to bleach them for the rest of my life thatā€™s why I want to remove them permanently.

I donā€™t agree with them. What a shame.

I treat such fine hairs frequently.They used to present a challenge, experience has meant that they are quite treatable. Dark hairs especially guide us right to the follicleand a quick pico flash and presto dead hair!Iā€™m with Dee that I dont agree with them.

Thanks Seana! Its good to know that thereā€™s a solution for me, I just have to travel to find it.

The UK has several qualified electrologists you can find theough the BEA site. Theres also Beate Ritzert in Manheim Germany, Adien Sanchez in Malaga Spain and Mairi in scotland.

Seana