How to be an awesome client

On the face? Yes, it could, perhaps?

It was on the face… She just did one sort of spot… Like one zap on the side of my jawline… Not sure if it could have caused any new hair to grow tho? Thanks

No hair or anything was removed during the patch test

Also, i think it was ipl but im not certian

How long ago did you have the laser? You’re not going to notice simulated growth immediately, it may take a couple of weeks to show.

It was months ago… Sometime last year, but is it really possible for hair stimulation to happen within that second? I havent had lazer done… Only a ptch test

Personally, I recommend that you do NOT pursue either laser or IPL. You stated that you have tan skin and thin hairs. This makes you a poor candidate and more likely than not if you do more treatments you will just end up with laser/IPL-induced hair growth.

Fortunately, you’ve only done one patch test. Since it’s already been a few months hopefully you didn’t get any induced growth (or it’s so minor you can’t tell anyway).

IMO, do electrolysis and prioritize the most visible hairs and the areas that you don’t like shaving everyday. With electrolysis, time equals money so the more hair/area you want to cover, the more it will add up.

I don’t know if it happens immediately after laser, I don’t know what’s going on under the skin or how long it takes to be apparent . …I didn’t notice until about 4 months after laser… If you’re having laser on the face area, don’t! Just stick to electrolytes.

None of the YouTube video are working here. Does anyone have updated links?

Yes it looks like Josepha may have moved or removed these videos. Maybe she’s doing a little housekeeping on her channel?

Go to Google and type in ’ Josefa Reina Youtube’.

Josefa’s channel is working but cannot seem to find the videos mentioned in this thread. Seems like they may have been moved or removed as Iluv2zap mentioned?

The videos belong to Josefa. If they are not here or on her YouTube channel, then you would have to contact her.

What videos do you want to see?

Anything in this thread related to ‘How to be an awesome client’. Trying to absorb as much info as possible before starting my treatments :slight_smile:

Could it be a good idea to have a some explanatory post in this subforum with pics pre treatment, immediately after treatment, then on various intervals after? Just so that nervous people get an impression of what the ‘messy’ aftermath looks like but that it turns out just fine in the end. It might lessen the burden for practitioners. I know there’s a sticky thread about scabbing but good quality photos that people can relate to might get the message across more effectively. (Also that thread is kind of buried in all the other stickies).

All this will take time to develop. I would search the site for information. It’s all here, but grant it, it is not immediately at your fingertips. Sorry.

Over the years Andrea has created hair removal articles which are featured in the start of hairtell. The problem is, hairtell is a forum. Subjects lose relevance fast, and new noise rushes in to fill it. So there’s a constant cycling of knowledge.
There are some resources, such as Michaels or Josepha’s videos on youtube, which , should be organized into topics. But it’s a massicvve amount of organizing and work, and the truth is, we dont have anyone to do it. Theere’s just a few of us posting here. We all have busy careers, and for many dont have the time to take on such a project.

Seana

One of THE best websites that I have seen because it is so detailed and quite informative is Barbara Greathouse’s (Topeka, Kansas) website.

ElectrologyWorks

Here is an example of an article you may find helpful from Barbara’s website that she wrote:

This relates to you being an awesome client. Are You In Good Hands

I don’t think many realize how vital Barbara has been to the electrolysis profession. She is a constant learner and seeks to educate and mentor her colleagues on a daily basis, mostly. She never tires, she just quietly stays on top of happenings and responds to whatever is needed at the time! I think I can say a big THANK YOU from all in this profession. She is so awesome.

I’ve read the blog before but not the site. Thanks!

I wasn’t implying any criticism, just really thinking aloud about what might work to get the message across to those that worry a lot or too much. Because we see a lot of it. And you guys who reply regularly do a tireless and laudable job of public service. So I was just imagining something like “before” pic, a “this is normal! this will probably happen!” after treatment pic, and then a pic of the actual (awesome) result down the line. And maybe put it as the first sticky on top of the electrolysis subforum page (preferably with fewer stickies). There are already at least two posts there that deal with with it quite well, but there are also lots of other posts so they kind of “drown” there.

I personally feel very much prepared and I don’t worry, and the reason for that is having spent a lot of hours going through the archives of HT forums reading people’s experiences and your (the experts’) input.