How often should I schedule Electrolysis treatments for best results?

My electrolygist typically recommends that I come by for upper lip & underarm clearances once a month so that all the hair is fully grown back. However I’ve heard from other experts that the ideal wait time in between sessions would be two weeks since the hair would be in the anegen (growth phase) and the treatment would therefore be more effective. I just want some expert advice on the best wait time in between electrolysis hair removal clearances for better, faster results. Thanks.

The advantage of more frequent treatments is strictly cosmetic. The anagen only treatment approach is an old myth that refuses to die.

1 Like

The reason this blatently incorrect anaen only theory refuses to die, is it’s still being TAUGHT by most electrolysis schools, including by Dectro’s school in Montreal.I remember going to test out a new machine at the dectro school, and the director there going on about it.
This, I think is a particular discredit to the electrolysis training schools, that has a global effect on the industry in general. Electrologists from these schools leave believing this nonsense and most never retrain throughout their often 30 year or longer careers.

To the OP, there is ZERO difference in efffectiveness in the ill between the various stages of hair. We are treating the hair FOLLICLE not the hair itself, and the hairs current cycle is completely irrelavent to this process.

1 Like

Very helpful. Thanks!

One reason for going more often is you see the hair in the follicle before it sheds. Unless you have had Laser first, it usually takes more than one hour to clear underarms. Sometimes ai only get 1/4 to 1/2 of one arm cleared in an hour session. You come more often to clear as much as soon as possible. Wait too long hair sheds out and you wait for them to grow back in. You can read up on hair growth cycles online.

Frequency of visits is dependant on the density of hair to be removed, area, skin sensitivity and persons tolerance to the treatment plus a few other factors.
As professionals, answers such as anagen only approach an old myth must be science based. As I am unable to locate the clinical trials that many of you on this site base your authority on, I would appreciate the information as to where I may locate the evidence - the reference source. Until then, I will remain of the old school - treat it in the anagen phase.
Dectro is a very professional school, I am sure they would also appreciate this information, and would willingly change their teaching once the evidence is made available. Once we have your reference source, it will give operators and schools the ability to change teaching and thinking.

You’ve already been presented with the evidence. You werent paying attention then, and I’m not going to explain it to you now.

The “reference source” is located within this forum. You might have to do some digging, but it’s here in the form of photographic evidence that close to 100% kill can be achieved in any growth stage. This forum is available to the world. Dectro has not budged an inch in their stance and I doubt they ever will.

2 Likes

I would add one thing to Hairadicators statement:
a near 100% kill rate can be acheived in any stage of growth, and with ANY MODALITY. This has been proven time and time again, right here at hairtell by multiple well respected ( read BEST in the WORLD) electrologists, very consistently, for over 20 years in case after case after case. To the point that these electrologists are highly sought after for their treatments because the evidence is irrefutable and well established.

1 Like