How do I start a new topic?

Registered users who are logged in can start a new topic:

1. Click on the appropriate forum (see Categories)

2. Click on + New Topic just below your avatar in the upper right corner. It’s in the lower left corner of the image below.

new-topic

If you do not see the + New Topic button you may need to disable ad blockers or script blockers.

Hello!

I have just registered an hour ago but I cannot see the option to create a new topic on any of the forums. Do I need to do something special to my account? In the badges section I saw a badge for completing an interactive tutorial for new users, however I cannot find this interactive tutorial anywhere- do I need to complete the tutorial in order to post?

Please let me know if there is anything I need to do in order to post properly on the forums.

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

To post, simply go to the relevant topic and scroll to the bottom. For instance, if you are looking for home use laser/IPL, go to the topic and scroll to the end.

https://hairtell.com/forum/c/hair-removal-methods/do-it-yourself-laser-ipl

At the bottom of each topic, it will say:

There are no more Do-It-Yourself Laser/IPL topics. Why not create a topic?

This is designed so people don’t ask the same question that’s already been answered.

Hello, I just joined this website and would like to post a new topic regarding my electrolysis treatment but I am unable to post a new topic? Is there a way I can or am I not allowed to?

I mean, I see no way to start a new topic and when I go to the topic page how can I scroll down past 12,000 pages of topics under electrolysis? Is this website not working properly or am I not seeing something?

please Help I am unable to understand how to navigate this site , tons of ads and hard to use and no explanations anywhere

1 Like

new board members are restricted from posting new topics until they’ve been here for a little while. Be patient.
If you are seeing advertisements, you may want to check your computer for ad-ware, since hairtell doesnt have any paid advertisements.

1 Like

To offset the cost of the upgrade and maintenance, we do serve ads now.

I have a question and would like to post a new topic. How old does my account need to be to create a new post? Thanks!

I believe since you’ve already started a topic, you have the answer to this question now…

Dear Andrea/admins, i don’t have the + New Topic button available.
I have confirmed my account. Anything else i need to do?

1 Like

I don’t see it ever answered here, how old does an account need to be in order to create a new topic. Unless “a little while” counts as an answer to that question.

So, how old does an account need to be in order to start a new topic?

1 Like

As far as I know, it’s activity based, not based onm a time period. If you have never commented on any thread, you wont be able to create a topic either.

Most of the posts that I have looked at were from people wanting help from others who have a lot of knowledge or experience in this subject matter. I am one such person and I have very little knowledge in the field. Thanks for the info, although I don’t know how helpful it will be for me to go around commenting on threads purely for the purpose of achieving some threshold in order to be able to ask a question.

I’m not really in control of such things, Andrea the board owner is. I believe the software sets a minimum threshold and you’ve likely surpassed it by this point just from commenting on this thread… Regardless I will submit your feedback to the boards owner for review. If you dont see the post topic button at the top of a category by now let me know and I’ll have Andrea see whats happening and correct it.
Seana

Thanks so much for your help. No, there still is not the new topic or post button anywhere in a category.

I’ve looked at your profile and it doesnt seem to be accumulting the necessary tokens to post. I’ve asked the boards owner to find out why.
Seana

1 Like

Hi everyone. I have a note into our admin to look into this when he has time. Because he is a volunteer, I don’t know how long that will be. If anyone would like to send a question that is an answered here, please send me a message and confirm it’s ok I repost it for you.

1 Like

The boards owner has responded as Pasted below. Hopefully this is resolved for you soon.

Seana
Andrea has responded with the following:
Hello! I’m going to have to have our admin look into that when he has time. I tried to set it so everyone can automatically post, but for some reason it doesn’t work. It may be a while before that gets resolved.

1 Like