How do I start a new topic?

I’m also very confused by this. If new users aren’t allowed to make new topics, I think it would be good to communicate that when people sign up. (I wasted a lot of time trying to find the new topic button…)

auni as I believe you are the user I referred here earlier, I modified a permission tos ee if it gives you the ability to post, hopefully that is successful.

Just made an account with the purpose of asking a question + posting here with the hope that it’ll allow my account to post new threads. As far as I can remember nothing during the registration process indicated that I wouldn’t immediately be able to make a thread of my own…

And nope – still unable to create new topics. I don’t really want to dip into other people’s threads to boost my post count when I have absolutely nothing constructive to offer.

edit: Ah, there it is – never mind!

Currently, individual threads do not have a + New Topic button. To see the + New Topic button, look in the upper right corner at the top of any Category page or on the page below:

https://hairtell.com/forum/

Hi @Andrea, I am a new user and I cannot see a + New Topic button. Is there anything that can be done? I wish to post a constructive, maybe interesting new post that professionals may want to weigh in on here.

Update: after browsing forum a bit more, only like 10 minutes worth, I was auto promoted and now can start new topics.

I came here for the same reason. My googling isn’t giving my concrete answers to my hair removal issue. Hopefully we will be able to post a question soon

1 Like

This layout will definitely take some getting used to, but I love the forum so far! I’m an electrologist that is seeking information on a Kree Imperial Deluxe I’m about to restore to working condition.

Oh wow … I bought a Kree Imperial Deluxe in 1975. These units use vacuum tubes; my old Hinkel Model D was also a vacuum tube device. If I remember, the 6L6 tubes (power supply) stopped being manufactured and made all those machines obsolete. I think the 6L6 is being made again (for audiophiles). Interesting project.
s-l400

1 Like

I also want to post a new topic. But I just registered on the site, and I don’t see an option anywhere. I guess I’ll participate in some existing topics first, and see how it goes.

Hi Andrea, I am a new member and have found this site amazingly helpful already. I wish I had found it sooner! I would really love an expert opinion on my situation but I’m a bit scared and embarassed to post publically. Would it be ok for me to message or email someone privately? If that is ok, how do I do that? I’ve had a look on your page but I can’t see a message symbol anywhere, is that restricted because I’ve only just joined? Thank you so much for your time

Welcome! Yes, you are welcome to send direct messages to other participants!

Good evening. Just commenting to hopefully obtain permission to post. Regular human, made of meat, bones, etc. )

If you do not see the + New Topic button at upper right while logged in, you may need to disable ad or script blockers.

You can also try another browser.

Is there a minimum number of replies that I need to make before I can start a new topic?

You should be able to post using the new topic button under any category.
Make sure you do not have ad or script blockers enabled.

Just commenting to hopefully gain permission to post soon. Unfortunately, neither disabling my ad blocker or using a different browser has worked. I look forward to sharing my own stories with you all, alongside discussing treatments.

What forum are you trying to post in?

Just a comment to be able to start a new topic. Hope it helps :slight_smile:

I have just created an account but not able to create a new post. Something is still broken in 2023.