Home electrolysis

natalie, as long as you do it according to instructions and make proper insertions, you should see permanent results. This does take skill and practice, but those who are truly determined are sometimes able to have success. I advise against it because I think the likelihood of skin damage is a considerable risk if done improperly.

Hi,

I just purchased a BaByliss Paris Epiliss. Apparently it is a new product. I have not used it yet and after reading the above, I wonder if I should return it. Does anyone have any info on the efficacy of this product? There are no needles only pads. A contact pad and a treatment pad. Any info or advice anyone could give me at this point would be appreciated. I live in France and have never seen the One Touch for sale here. I am not sure that the one Touch would be a good one for me anyway as I don’t think I have the patience to work on one hair at a time. The Babyliss says “A low voltage current is carried to the base of the hair follicle. The treatment must be repeated once or twice a week during at least 4 weeks before having reached all hairs of a specific area in their anagen stage. After 4 to 5 weeks of treatment, the cells which nourish the hair are destroyed, the hair does not grow back”
Thanks is advance.

wendyw, claims made by the transcutaneous patch devices are not backed up with published data. They may cause hair to fall out, but there is no proof the energy is strong enough to cause the permanent hair tremoval they usually claim.

Hairfacts: transcutaneous hair removal (WARNING!)

I’d return it if I were you.

I’m looking to purchase a home electrolysis espeacially the One Touch Home Electrolysis. What are the main drugstores that sell it. I live in Canada and will be in the US in 2 weeks, so any names of main drugstores that would be in most reasonably sized cities would be appreaciated. Also is there anything you can buy ( ie:creams, etc) to lessen the damages and effects on the skin?
Thanks

Many drugstore chains have this. You might even ask some in your area.

A few bigger US chains to check out:

Walgreens
Rite Aid
Global Drugs
CVS Pharmacy
Drug Emporium
Genovese
Leader
Longs
Osco
Eckerd
Hooks
Duane Reade

I have a few questions about home treatment, specifically with the One Touch unit. In the instructions it says that the only area of the skin you should not treat is the nipple. I wanted to know if they specifically meant the nipple only, so the perimeter of the areola is okay to treat? Also, this implies that everything in the “bikini” area is safe to treat for female and male anatomy, is this correct?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

I have been searching the FAQ and other areas for information on how to gain access to the “mature topics area” since it appears it may have some applicable information, However I can’t find anything on the subject. It also seems that users cannot PM the moderator, so I am asking here, how do I gain access to that area?

[ June 16, 2002, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: sosb ]

The skin around the nipple that is a different color and texture than your other skin may have an adverse reaction to treatment. For these reasons, the manufacturers recommend not treating these hairs to protect themselves legally.

The little bumps most people have around the edges of their nipples have slightly modified glands that can secrete a slightly sebaceous substance. Because some body areas that are more sensitive to hormones may also be more susceptible to mutations caused by energy, it’s important to understand the risks.

I am not aware of any studies connecting electrolysis and laser to subsequent problems with nipples and breast tissue, but it does constitute an unknown risk.

Many people I know (myself included) have had hair removed from these areas via electrolysis without problems, but that doesn’t mean it’s 100% safe. If you plan to do this and have concerns, you should speak with a doctor to assess the possible risks before removing hair from your nipples.

Same is true for men planning to remove hair from private areas. If you’d like to discuss this aspect, please continue this on the adult forum. I have emailed you the adult forum password. To others who wish to join the adult list, please send me an email stating you are over 18 to: adult@hairtell.com

Where can i get the ‘‘one touch’’ kit for the uk? most websites deliver to the US only.

Has anyone used the Forever Free system? If so, did it work?

welcome naenae!

Forever Free is an electric tweezer scam. You can find out more In the electric tweezer forum:

HairTell: Electric tweezers

HairTell: Forever Free info

thank you so much…guess I’ll try the One Touch.

happy to help, naenae!

allowit, in case you missed it in the other forum, Folica.com ships overseas. Be sure to get the One Touch and not the Emjoi scam device they sell on the same page as the One Touch.

There is a product named the Vector Hair Removal System that claims to be new and signicantly more effective than cheaper removers like the E-pen… it cost $200. Any body have any experience with the Vector?

welcome dde!

Vector is a scam:

Hairfacts: Vector (WARNING!)

So is E-Pen

Hairfacts: E-Pen (WARNING!)

You must use a device where a metal probe is inserted into the follicle if you want permanent hair removal.

I am new to this site but there is a wealth of useful info here. I did purchase a One Touch system on Ebay and am curious about the ability of a person to use the unit without help. Is it possible? Or is having someone help you almost a must? Looking at the system, I can’t imagine being able to see well enough to do much on your own.

junesman, you can treat pretty much anywhere you can touch and see at the same time. For face, you can use a mirror. For other tips on equipment and how to use it on yourself, please see;

Hairfacts: home electrolysis tips

Hi,

Thanks for all the great information. I’ve been looking to do some electolysis. I’ve got dark, coarse and have done all my life. I’m perfectly happy shaving with a razor, but I’m discovering as I get older that there are some particularly coarse hairs that have a tendency to become ingrown. It’s causing scarring, so electrolysis seemed like a good option. Professional electrolysis for a dozen problem hairs seems unnecessary. Your site has been a great resource in helping me find out what I need to know about home electrolysis!

Many thanks,
sweetie

I’m very glad it’s been helpful, sweeite! We have terrific readers here, don’t we?

Hello I am new here. I have the one touch and mine seems to beep right when I touch the skin…is this normal. I actually have 2 and they both do it. Also is it really normal and common for women to have hair on their breast/nipple area. I have this problem, and lately seems to be getting worse. could birth control affect it to get worse. Thanks :blush:

Yes, it’s very common for women to have hair on their breast/nipple!!
I don’t have many, and just whisk them off when I shave my legs.
But if they bother you, you can always visit an electrolysist, and get them removed for good! (Don’t be embarrassed - you won’t be the first woman she’s treated, and you won’t be the last!)