Help setting up an old machine

I bought a used EPI-BLEND machine that was produced by Elektron cosmetic, a seemingly legit Romanian manufacturer. From what i gathered it uses the blend method.

There’s a total of 3 ports, one in the back for the pedal and 2 in the front(see image below).

There’s 3 tools. The one with the red probe is the needle holder.

I need help figuring out where to plug in those 3 and how to use the (what im assuming it is) sponge rod and the pad. Any help is appreciated.

Are you an electrologist?

No, but this is my only option as i need hair removal done for SRS and i can’t afford the prices in my country.

I believe you are setting yourself up for grief and disappointment. Electrolysis on hair follicles with deep coarse hair without training in such a difficult-to-reach area for SRS will be next to impossible and has the potential to be dangerous (self-injury, scarring, infection, etc). For these reasons, I am not comfortable giving advice on how to use a machine designed for professional use. Even if an electrologist did the work, it will take an average (not maximum) of 18 months to finish … before you are even ready for SRS. My advice is to delay the SRS, find a way to save money, and have the work done professionally.

When I say it’s my only option I mean it. There’s time until SRS for me to learn and no way for me to make enough money for electrolysis. I am willing to learn and I understand the risks. If you know how to use this machine please help.

Just learning how to use a machine will NOT prepare you to do electrolysis properly. Perhaps someone else is willing to chime in on this issue. I am out.

Why would you post on a DIY forum if you don’t want people (even when informed of the risks and are willing to learn) to DIY?

While Hairtell has a DIY category you are NOT in the DIY portion of the forum. While I have nothing against learning, I do not believe consumers should be experimenting on themselves with professional equipment. When have you called your dentist and asked how to perform extractions? Did they provide instructions on how to perform these procedures and what equipment to buy? I don’t think so.

I’m not in the DIY portion??? Is one of us high?

My mistake. Sorry. Someone else will need to help you.

Well, that “wavy line” logo on the front panel might be the plug for your high frequency (cord or foot switch)?

Stunning to see a blend unit made in Romania. Back in the 1980s when I was promoting … all the manufacturers said that combining DC and HF was impossible. I guess they changed their mind?

Foot switch is plugged into the back, only thing that can go in the front are the sponge rod, the pad and the probe holder. Idk if this will help but in a picture I managed to find, the wavy line port used to be red. So I guess the AC is positive and the DC is negative. Also the sponge rod doesn’t fit in either of the ports and I didn’t see it in any of the pictures I managed to find, maybe the original indifferent electrode is the pad but the previous owners didn’t like it?

Oh my … don’t mess that up. DC has both positive and negative. Do NOT use the positive on your skin because that will dissolve the needle in your skin and give you a permanent mark. The AC is, actually, high frequency and thus an oscillating current. You need to get the manual ASAP. Just looking at the front panel, I’m not able to ascertain “which-is-which.”

Sent the company an email asking for a manual, hopefully I’ll manage to get it, there’s no info online about this thing. The top one is 100% AC and the bottom one is DC based on the symbols. Is it normal to complete a circuit with a positive AC and a negative DC in blend electrolysis? Do you think i could give it a go with a multimeter or do a bubble test in salted water?

Also this might help
3762.hu.en.pdf (1.1 MB)
aparate10b
It’ a pdf of their newer version translated to english and a picture of the device in its original state, im assuming the pad is in the sponge(?).

I fiddled with your photo to make the panel more readable. I don’t see anything on the panel that would make me think this is a blend capable machine. Your galvanic is probably set to the read-out only (and thus there is no meter). 1.5 mA would be a ultimate galvanic output for the blend, but I see it goes higher: to 2.5mA and that would be “disaster time” if trying to do the blend.

Then you have the “intensity dial,” (I presume for the HF) and a timer in seconds … but actually modern thermolysis machines use tenths, hundreds or thousandths, of a second. Why 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 seconds? … that makes no sense for thermolysis, or for the blend (that uses more time than 5-seconds).

Then, if galvanic alone is possible: 1) how do you advance the intensity? And, 2) the timer would be useless if only doing straight galvanic. 5-seconds of galvanic is useless and won’t kill anything.

The “slider” on the right is a mystery. Frankly, I don’t think this machine could do thermolysis, electrolysis or the blend. Maybe they invented their own modality? You need to get the manual for this unit. I’d rather see you get a straight galvanic unit (or rig one up yourself … it’s easy) because this unit could get you into some trouble. Just keep it as simple as possible!

Also, in the early days when Europeans decided that blend really was a “thing,” manufacturers just called their units “blend” … but really they were NOT. They would say, "Yes, we can do the blend, but we don’t believe in it … so just use our machine like a regular thermolysis unit. (Deutsche Nemectron did this for a while.)

Here’s the link to the site btw.

The knobs can go between the numbers if that’s what you’re thinking. The slider on the right is a meter that moves with intensity. Pressing on the foot switch makes it beep according to the time setting.

The two areas on the right of the photo confuse me. However, it appears that you CAN plug your needle cord into the red and black … Do not under any circumstance plug into the red (positive) and use that on your skin … disaster for sure. The machine SHOULD have a plug outlet that ONLY allows the electrologist to plug into the negative and/or thermolysis and not ever be capable of making a fatal error.

I looked at the literature, but this looks like straight thermolysis … but why then the “pad.” (Also a big mistake to attach the pad to the client’s arm … but I don’t have time to get into that one.)

Well, if you’re in Eastern Europe maybe you can visit the company … just don’t get too close to Ukraine at the moment. Magyar vagy?

No hah, but close. But could you help me test it out? Even if it is thermolysis it’s better than nothing. And I mean test it with egg/water.