Has anyone ever performed laser hair removal on themselves?

I am awaiting the arrival of a laser marked for private use. Has anybody ever done this to themselves and if so, how painful is it to do to yourself?

Based on what I’ve seen on hairfacts.com, I’m not even sure that I’ll get my product so I’m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that I atleast get the product that I have ordered.

Thanks in advance!

Where did you order the machine?
What kind of machine are you talking ´bout?

Here’s what I ordered: The DMD500 Produces a full 15 Joules per cm2/second (a full five hundred times more powerful than most laser pointers), making it perfect for hair by hair or detail work such as eyebrow/hairline contouring.

Zoo Owner, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you just got ripped off big-time. The DMD500 and the DMD1000 are scam devices sold by Global Electrolysis Supply, which is now using a couple of other company names to push their scams. The thing you bought is completely worthless. I’d try to get your money back immediately.

How do you know this? Have you tried the system? I stumbled upon your sight after I had ordered the system. When I contacted the company and asked them about what I had read on this site, they said that this was nothing but slander. I don’t know who to believe. I’m becoming more concerned about this entire situation by the minute.

Zoo Owner, if it were slander, they’d sue me. It’s the truth. If I were you, I’d stop payment immediately.

It is a total scam, pure and simple. Here is what Global themselves have to say about their bogus lasers:

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>
Global Electrolysis Supply cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the site or products.
Global hereby disavows any and all claims (specific or implied) to the overall efficacy or performance of any and all products appearing on this web site.
Important notes regarding Laser Safety and CDRH Classifications: Diode Laser Modules and Power Systems (LaserTec D.M. 1000, Simed s.r.l., and Actus 15 systems) are sold solely as unspecified components for O.E.M. use. The modules do not include safety shutter or other features required for a certified laser system. Therefore, these units do not meet CDRH safety requirements and are not CDRH listed or certified.
Although these systems are linked directly to information regarding laser hair removal. they are not specified as medical lasers. Should the customer use one of these systems for hair removal, it is done at their own risk.

</font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>You can read the full disclaimer here:
http://www.hairfacts.com/makers/global-electrolysis-supply/disclaimer.html

Is advanced biotech linked to the same company or is this a different product Andrea?. Also you are quite certain it’s a rip off and after reading the contents of your site for several months i would take your veiw as been an informed one, but the question still begs how do you know the product is inerfective. I must admit i could have made the same chose as you Zoo Owner

Mark1, yes, it’s a new name for the same old scams. Their website:

http://www.centre-biotechnique-avance.com

lists the PayPal account for payments as:

support@global-electrolysis-supply.com

The product is illegal to sell in the US as a hair removal device. It is a like laser pointer you can buy for 10 bucks that produces a continuous wave. Hair removal lasers are pulsed to last a tiny fraction of a second, because a continuous wave of laser energy at the level needed would cause a serious injury.

They make it all sound very convincing, but it is a total scam, and a very expensive one at that.

Global Electrolysis Supply, centre-biotechnique-avance.com, and all their other names are synonymous with scams. Anything they sell should be avoided. They fool a lot of intelligent, hard-wroking people with their sophisticated sales pitch, but I can assure you with absolute certainty that their products are fraudulent.

I don’t think you answered the question of exactly HOW you know that it is a scam.

Andrea is right - this product is a scam. If you do a little research on laser physics regarding the specifics of hair removal, you would find that there are specific wavelengths of coherent light (ie. laser) that target the chromophore that is melanin. These wavelengths are 755nm, 800nm and 1064 nm. You did not mention the wavelength of the device in question, but it is probably no where near any of these numbers. Also, the numbers of joules is too low to be effective, at any wavelength. Is there a pulse width involved or mentioned in connection with this device? There is no home device available in any power that is approved for use, let alone powered enough to actually remove hair permanently (even the multiple wavelength of IPL’s cannot permanently remove hair). Please try to get your money back.

Can’twait2bfree, this should be all the evidence you need.

1. The manufacturer says it’s not designed for hair removal.

The manufacturer says that the products “are not CDRH listed or certified,” a requirement for legitimate hair removal lasers sold here.

1. Ripped off consumers have shared their stories.

http://www.hairfacts.com/makers/global-electrolysis-supply/reports.html

1. There is no clinical data of any kind.

2. The device is not the type of laser used in hair removal. It’s like the laser that reads bar codes at the supermarket. Next time you’re in the checkout lane, hold your arm over one for a while and tell me if it removes your hair.

Anything else you need to be convinced, let me know. This just scratches the surface of what scam artists these people are.

[ April 16, 2003, 11:45 PM: Message edited by: Andrea ]

By just using common sense, I presume that real laser hair removal equipment for home use will never become available. Without proper training, the risks to cause severe and permanent eye damages is extreme. The power levels neeeded for laser epilation makes, with neccecity, the devices absolutely unforgiving.

Those who want to know more about the risks involved by lasers, please read at http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersam.htm . After that it will be quite obvious why real laser epilation is, and will forever stay, a pro-only business.

As reported in 2002, the FDA does have legitimate lasers cleared for home use, like the SpaTouch.

The Global Electrolysis type scams are not among them. Everything by Global Electrolysis should be avoided.

The SpaTouch and other lasers for home use in development will be low-power devices that will not cause a permanent result.

You can read the thread about the SpaTouch by Radiancy with the letter from the FDA regulator here:

http://www.hairtell.com/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=32;t=000005

Again, the Global scam is nothing like this device.

Well – it looks like this has certainly stirred quite a conversation! I received the “laser” yesterday. I did appear to remove anagen hair only. Whether or not this will be a permanent removal is uncertain but now I’m just praying that I didn’t get ripped off! Supposedly the company has a 90-day satisfaction guarantee. The machine that I purchased is supposed to be for facial hair. Does anybody else have any input on this or was this just a slow and fancy way of temporarily removing hair?

You should read this step-by-step quide to how Global Electrolysis Supply denies refunds:

http://www.hairfacts.com/makers/global-electrolysis-supply/ripoff.html

Includes a consumer like you who failed to get a dime back.

Did you follow the instructions listed on their website? According to their instructions, you must tweeze or wax the hair before applying the laser; or did you shave the hair then laser? Was there any pain, odor, smoke, or any other sign that it actually worked?

There was a little smoke, a burning smell and very little pain but I used a topical anesthetic because I’m a big chicken! I am going to try my upper lip this evening and see what happens. I tell you, the facial hair is the only thing I don’t like about being a fair skinned Italian! :smile:

Well – I tried this thing on my upper lip and it didn’t do anything!!! Now I’m going to see what I have to do to get my money back. Oh well – P.T. Barnum said that there was one born every minute!

Andrea – I am awaiting an RMA # from Global Electrolysis. It looks like I might have an easier time exchanging for another product. Do they have anything, in your opinion, that might work? I REALLY wish I had found this site before I ordered the darn thing. For what I’ve spent, I could have gotten my entire legs done by a professional in the area. Also - include a picture of your kitties, please? I have 3 dogs, 3 cats and 2 goldfish and I absolutely ADORE my cats!!!

Hi everyone .
I seen this on ebay .
Epila ( Laser hair eliminator for personal use )

CT-808 for $300 us

Will this work or it is a scam ?
Thanks for any info

Update Adaera This where
I founded it 3 days left. Item number #2963868239

[ November 12, 2003, 10:54 PM: Message edited by: roc ]