hair on breasts

I’ve had thick black hairs growing on my breasts (maybe 25 each) for the past decade or so. I dislike them pretty intensely, and have sometimes tweezed them out (painful, but inexpensive). However, there is always a period during which they’re growing back but not yet sufficiently accessible on the outside of my skin to get at. During that period, since the skin there is so fine, they’re bumpy and uncomfortable. I am not sure what to do. I’d dearly love to get rid of them altogether, but I think that electrolysis would hurt like the dickens and am not eager to spend the money or suffer the pain involved. Suggestions, anyone?

Thanks!

Fifty hairs that can be seen at any one time equals one electrolysis session just to clear the area the first time,or you can break treatment into two sessions to get to first clearance if you need to. You will need maintenance treatments spread out over a year until there is nothing to treat. Because electrolysis is permanent, without the a hair growing in the follicle, you will free yourself of bumps and irritating side skin effects - forever. Most people find this area very tolerable, but if you are sensitive to the sensation of electrolysis, your electrologist can play with the intensity and timing “recipe” to make the current work for you. Just communicate with her/him that you are afraid.

I’m assuming you are referrring to the hair around the nipples?? In my view, this is the easiest and most satisfying area to work on. If it hurts, offer it up for the short time it takes to treat. You won’t be on the table long. Taking Advil or something like it, is a nice help. Expense-wise, it is not out of most people’s wallet range. I would go for this option, otherwise, all you have left is tweezing or other not so pleasant temporary options. You could try laser,but it can hurt, too, but for such a small area, electrolysis is king.

I agree that you might want to talk to someone for a consultation and do test samples to get yourself comfortable.

I have tried waxing, depilatories, tweezing, and they irritate my skin, grow fast or causes ingrown hairs. A lot of times, I leave them alone until I want to remove them.

There are no other recommendations that I can think of. Electrolysis is the best choice for you. I hear they also have a cream to numb the skin. Ask around to see if they have that option. Take a pain killer beforehand for extra strength.

I wish you the best.

i had this done with electrolysis and like Dee said, it’s simple and doesn’t take that long since each treatment would only be 10-15 mins at most. After consistent treatments spaced about a month apart for a year, you’ll be rid of them for good. there is no alternative that is permanent. tweezing is the only thing you can do, or shave. laser is not a good option for such a small targeted area. elecgtrolysis is really not that painful btw, especially for only a 10 min treatment. i would say try it before you discard it as an option. i’m having electrolysis on many areas now.

Electrolysis can permanently remove hair from the breast area easily and it is cost effective. Plucking the hairs can accomplish the same thing as this gizmo.

I have the same issue exactly, to the point where I’ve been picking at my hairs before they surface and have scarred the area around my nipples pretty badly. That plus the fact that my bras seem to encourage ingrown hairs has made me try my best to stop plucking until I can get electrolysis done on them.

My mother had laser hair removal done on her breasts and her black hairs are gone. However, I’ve been told that laser really isn’t the best option for an area that needs that much precision, and that electrolysis is a better option.

From what I have seen it would also be LESS expensive as well.

The good news is most women can get all visible breast hairs removed in the first session and go right into maintenance phase of treatment, as they get first clearance on the first appointment.

Electrolysis is fast and fabulous and can totally remove the hair forever. Laser is an option as well. I do nipple hair frequently with electrolysis and it really is a piece of cake for both electrologist and client. Enough intensity must be used and first full clearance can be achieved in less than 30 minutes if you have an average amount of hair,but no more than an hour if you have more than the average amount. Keeping the area clear until there is no hair left is even quicker.

If women knew how easy it is to become hairfree in this area and how cheap it is to do so, they would be slapping themselves in the head as to why they didn’t do this area sooner. Need I emphasize that one needs to find a skilled electrologist with good equipment and quality magnification? That can be the real challenge.

Dee

Maybe I’m really childish or something but is this ever awkward for you electrologists out there? How do you go about treatments in this area? I’m considering it but the thought of hanging it all out is slightly scary…is it ok to keep a bra on and kind of work around it or do you expect clients to bear all?

it shouldn’t be awkward. it’s similar to when you go to your doctor’s office or a gyno appt, or even a salon to wax your bikini line. remember that the electrologist has seen it all, and much worse. nipple area is nothing compared to bikini and perianal :slight_smile:

Some clients just bare all with no hesitation or clue of embarrassment and some prefer to do this as modestly as possible.

I usually hand a sheet to the client if they indicate they want to cover up or the client just wears a shirt that they can unbutton and expose the smallest area possible. In order to stretch the skin, I need to lay my hand over most of the area anyway so not much is seen by me. Besides, my magnification only allows me to focus on an area the size of a quarter. Also, the client and I are usually talking and laughing about something so there is not much focus or fanfare on that area or any area when a conversation is going on.

It’s just another area of the body and electrologists see the nipple area all the time. Just know one thing, you are not alone. There are many, many women that have coarse hair around the areola’s - but most would never, never admit that at their bookclub or dinner happenings, unless they have had a few chocolate martini’s, which is my personal favorite adult beverage, by the way.

If you have had breast implants, then let your electrologist know this, please.

Dee

Just to reassure you, I too think nothing of working on women’s breasts. I, myself am a very modest person, so I try to imagine myself in that awkward position. My clients, like Dee’s vary from throwing off the shirt and bra and prancing around topless to only lifting the shirt and pulling one breast out of the bra cup at a time. Regardless of the exposure, I always provide a drape. I will admit, that it is easier when the clients at least unhook the bra, or better yet, wear front hook bras. And bulky clothing can be a nuisance, but I would rather deal with asking the client to keep the fabric out of my work area than for her to feel uncomfortable.

I felt the same before my first mammogram. Fortunately, those techs are so use to handling breasts all day, within a few moments, I was totally at ease with this stranger touching “the girls.” Hopefully, you’ll have the same good experience with electrolysis.

Question to Dee…Have you ever seen implants and didn’t know it? The ones I’ve seen were very obvious, not size-wise, but perkiness-wise. Maybe the surgeons around here don’t know how to do natural looking. Even the smallest breast will spread to the sides when freed from a bra, but the implants I’ve seen stay in place.

Young women are perky without breast implants, so I never rely totally on my observational skills as to whether one has had breast implants or not.

How the surgery was performed is important. One of my clients had implants inserted under the skin instead of under the muscle tissue. She complained before I was about to start electrolysis that the left side seem to be deflating. She didn’t know what surgical proceedure she had . Luckily, I am good friends with one of the nurses at the plastic surgeons office where she had the surgery. I called her and found out that the proceedure was under the skin. The implants were too close to the surface of the skin for my comfort and was not about to insert a probe and cause leaking and deflation. Maybe I was overly cautious, but I refused to remove hair in this area. I sleep well at night and I don’t want that to change.

Your right about those with implants staying in place, but I don’t want to rely on my observations only. The right surgical proceedure has to be done and full healing is a must before I would remove hair from the areola’s on breast implant clients. Anyone contemplating getting breast implants in hairtell land should get the hair removed first with electrolysis, then have the surgery.

Dee

1 Like

Thanks for your reassuring advice, I feel better knowing that you guys don’t care…I should know better really, I used to be a bra fitter and have seen hundreds of women without batting an eyelid, but when it comes to myself I’m utterly shy, so lame!

Bra fitter!! Then you are all set to go! There something very refreshing and beautiful about one who feels modesty.

Dee

I’m dealing with this same problem, and am so glad I read this! I’ve tweezed in the past, and they’ve come back worse!! =(
I was thinking about laser hair removal, but now i’m going to look into electrolysis. Does anybody know of a good electroylist in the Northern VA or DC area? I want this done right! =)

This is from the American Electrology Association’s website:

Virginia Electrologists

This list is limited to those electrologists who decide to pay dues to the AEA. This list is not inclusive of all the electrolgists practicing in your area. This is a place to start. Get as many consultations as possible. If you want to travel to Frederick, Maryland, I can recommend someone for you.

Dee

Thanks Dee! I will check these out once I get back to the VA area!

Hello. New to the site, and trying to catch my bearings. There is a lot of information on the internet, but I felt most comfortable with this site. Based on the ‘electrolysis is king’ recommendation for hair around the nipples, I am planned on going in for a consultation. What can I expect in between appointments? Can I pluck hairs so there is no hair visible? Also, i really have no idea what to expect in terms of price. I keep reading that I have to go in for a consultation prior to pricing, but I noticed that laser hair removal places such as hair be gone post pricing guides. I have a similar situation with about 40 hairs on around each nipple. Not very sexy. i went to the doctor and she said my tests came back normal. I’ve got to say, this doesnt feel normal…