From Italy, with love (and hair).

As I mentioned, I’ve been bleaching for 10 years and it did not make the problem I had already developed any worse.

And looking at your photos and being totally honest, this looks like the normal light facial hair of a woman! No woman is hairless, we just don’t usually see the hair. I cannot see the long hairs but I am sure if you say that they are there, they are. These would be my priority with electrolysis if anything.

I would be happy if my results after electrolysis were like this. I am open about my electrolysis with the people around me and my male friends who know (1) don’t think I need it anymore at least (2) know all women have hair on their faces and body and (the ones I know at least) don’t make it an issue. Page 5 of my sister’s diary has my under chin and neck pic.

thank you.
The only “problem” is that the hair are dark…but if i can continue to bleach, this problem is solved.

I have to say that my obsession started when a dermatologist looked at my chin with a 10x lens and told me: “Ohhh, there are a lot of hair here! we’ll remove it with some laser sessions”

SBAM! Like a punch on my face.
Everyone told me that she was a “criminal”. My parents, my friens, my GP. But i cannot forget her words…

thank you stoppit.
I know that my hair situation is really Light…what cause me depression is that i was completely hairless before (well, i know that no one is hairless, i mean that i haven’t noticeable hair on my face, even with a 10x lens :D)
So i’m worried that the situation could degenerate, because i see that everyday my chin hair are a little bit longer. a pcos effect, i guess…

Josefa’s work on your neck is amazing, great grat job!

Really… you need to erase that incident from your mind. The dermatologist was just trying to sell that service. This hair is NOT suitable for laser in any case.

You have really beautiful skin.

Keep bleaching. The PCOS may make the hairs longer, so you can address this in the way you see right. If the dianette is working then that is one option but please do try to find out if there is anything else that you can do that is a long term solution.

You can have the longer hairs removed with electrolysis. This may have to be something that you continue in your life as the hairs are stimulated, if the PCOS persists.

I am doing the same with my chest. I had the coarse hairs around my areola’s removed. Now I am working on the middle area, where the hair are quite dense and long. Many are 6-7mm long above the surface of the skin. But my goal is to contnue to bleach and remove whatever is visible (with the naked) eye after bleaching. I am sure I will leave behind many smaller hairs like those that cover the rest of my breasts.

I have the same problem on my aureola and middle area, where the hair are more dense than in the rest of my chest.
And i have the same problem in my upper arm/shoulder area (i read what you wrote aboute the “shadow” of the hair :D)

I think we have very similar pattern of hair…give me a five, sister! :smiley:

by the way, i started dianette not only for the hair…
PCOS give me inregolar period…my period is 35-40-50 days long…but the problem is that my “bloody time” (i don’t know how to say it in english :D) is extremely painfull and last 10-15 day…i loose a lot of blood and the risk is anemia. i also have very low pression and very low glucose level in my blood…(i know, i know, i’m a very strange PCOS girl :D), so i often faint…(ah, my uterus is perfect, by the way)
Anemia, fainting, pain…you can understan why birth control is a good thing for me…
And because i also have this light hirsutism, gynecologist gave me Dianette :wink:

lol!

I feel much better than I did in my early twenties so I hope you can find solutions too.

We do indeed sound very similar. I also have low b.p and in my late teens and early twenties I’d have extremely painful periods. The cramping would be so bad and radiate to my back and thighs that I could barely walk when it was at its worst. I also fainted a few times because the b.p dropped really low.

I can understand why you are taking it but the periods on the pill are not ‘real’… it is breakthrough bleeding and the pill was designed to have a pill-free or placebo week to give the impression of menstruation. Of course, for someone who has heavy and painful periods it is a good solution.
Perhaps after a few years it will settle down as it did for me.

I strongly agree with James after looking at your pictures.

Hi Samafe,

it is clear that this problem bother you since you suffer from a body dysmorphic disorder. I suffer from the same disease and I know that the least change of the body can get you into a real depression. I remember when I noticed my hairs on my back first I got into such a big depression. But finally I found a way to reduce the hair on the back to a minimum (thank you Josefa) and I also learned to accept me although I have many many flaws.

Keep cool Samafe, you will find a way to get treated your disease and your hairs and maybe it’s a chance to treat your terrible disorder too. And please don’t rush the things otherwhise your little problem could become worse.

To be honest your hair isn’t even noticable. And probably the dermatologist only agreed to you because he want to make money by making laser treatments on you.

I wish you the best.

Hi Bear1982. Glad you’re back. I think you should tell your story, but if not, I will speak. Your first electrologist told you she was doing blend for you. Well, this was not blend, this was a simple plucking. Something we here call “legal theft”.

Sorry folks, I have a bad day today, I’m sick of scammers who call themselves electrologists. :mad:

I too was plucked and she called it electrolysis. I also have very similiar hair on my face as you only more area is covered in those blond hairs. I can find is no one qualified where i live to do electrolysis. I too dream of the chance to see someone like josefa. I went to another city and did a search for electros ? I had hoped to do a clearance and brough photos of josefas wonderful work. She gave me some hours of work but not nearly even close to a clearance. I spent my days there avioding the sun and trying to keep my skin from freaking out over the intensive treatemt. Now i am back home and the problem continues and my skin looks pretty rough. In the end Samafe, i have to say perhpas the gentlest treatemtn and most realisitc is to simply use a rotary shaver to get rid of those hiars. It doesnt create any skin problems and clears the hair. Maybe if there were more josefas in this world i would not advise the route but i am facing reality now and this may be the best option.

Hi everyone, the last days were incredible busy :slight_smile:

By the way, in 5 days i’ll stop dianette and i’ll switch to another birth control (Loette).
Ciproterone Acetate give me horrible depression times. I cannot live like this. So, i think i’ll se more hair in the future, because i stop the androgen blockers. We’ll se. :frowning:

A friends gave me the number of an electrologist that permanently resolved her hairy bikini situation (3 years ago). By now she’is full. She promise to call me back and i’m waiting with hope.

I’m going to this elecrologist to do my bikini and the hair between my breasts and on my belly area. And i’ll also ask for my chin hair.
She works with people who want to change sex. she only do electro and she seems to know what she’s talking about.

The only thing that left me a little bit worried is that she told me to STOP bleaching. Because bleach can make the hair stronger. And she also told me that bleach can make the hair white and so, in summer, white hair under the sun become incredibly noticeable :frowning:

Lol… that’s true. But if you have black hair like me, they are noticeable ALL the time… not just under the sun.

I’ve had successful electrolysis while still bleaching weekly throughout the whole process and it never slowed down results and neither of my electrologists had a problem with it. In fact, the first liked it because she preferred to treat anagen hairs and she could then see which ones were growing more easily.

Here we are.
This afternoon i’ll talk with an electrologist working in a beauty center in my town (5 minutes walking). No working done, only a talk.
Next week, i’ll go to an electrologist working in a beauty center in the center of Milan (20 minutes by car) and with the electrologist of my friend (30 minutes by car).

Wish me good luck :slight_smile:

Back home from the electrologist.
The beauty center is nice and clean.
She was nice but she seems young. Maybe 30 years old?
She told me about the hair cycle, the 3 phases of growht etc etc. Everything was correct, like i read in this forum.

BUT
She told me that the work on my chin is INCREDIBLY HARD AND LONG. Well, i only want to remove the longer hair and i never plucked. I don’t understand why it’s so difficult. By the way, she told me that we have to do electro for YEAR for sure.
She is very busy because she not only does electro. She does massage, manicure, pedicure, waxing…UHM…i’m a little bit worried. She doesn’t seems really happy about doing electro.
The machine is very old, i cannot recognize the brand. She spoke about “electricity” so i guess she’s not doing blend? The needle is monouse and the machine work with a pedaline.
By the way, i’ll go on the 29th of may because before it’s impossible because she was busy…we’ll do half an hour.
I wanna to give her a try because is in my town and it’s incredibly close to my house.

Ah…another thing…she told me that sometimes she hurts a capillary and so i’ll bleed.
Is this normal? :S

To me, it’s not normal. In all the electrolysis I’ve had, even with the electrologists that I only had sample treatments with and did not continue, no one has made me bleed.

I’m not saying it can’t happen and the odd occasion in which an error is made which the electrologist rectifies, that’s OK in my mind.

But the fact she warned you, suggests it may be a more common occurrence with her. It does not inspire confidence in her work.

Btw… all techniques use ‘electricity’ just in different ways.

Thank you, honey :slight_smile:

I’m going out with friends, have a nice friday night :slight_smile:

Back from my friend’s electrologist.

I’m really happy.

She have a 40 years experience and she only does electro.
She works on every area you need. She does total clearance also on the big areas (back, belly, chest, legs…everywhere). She also works with TS and does beards full clearance.
Her machine is old (you know…we’re in Italy) but she works really fast. She did a patch test on my “happy trail”. I only felt a little ZAP (she uses thermolysis) but the hair slide without any tipe of problem. She clear about 50 hairs without problem. After, she applies Aloe Vera. Is this right?

She explains me the whole process and she’s really a pro.
Love her.
She told me to stop wax and to only shave or cut.
She told me to use Aloe Vera and, only if the area is really “angry”, tea tree oil.
Is this correct?

She also really honest.
She told me that she think that i don’t have to remove the hair on my chin. She told me that they are not so visibile and that sometimes we exagerate our problems. I want to trust her.
On tuesday i’ll go to work on my happy trail and my bikini line. She told me that on tuesday she’ll take another look on my chin and she’ll always have a look on my chin everytime i’ll go and she promise me that she’ll tell me if i have visible hair :smiley: We start with 1 hour because she want to test my resistance :smiley:

What do you think? Do you think i’m in good hands? :slight_smile:

Sounds good samafe, so happy for you!

Aftercare sounds spot on too.