For laser hair removal, is cryogenic cooling in GentleMax Pro more effective than contact cooling (ChillTip) in other lasers?

I am an ethnic Indian male with Fitzpatrick Type IV skin and I am doing laser hair removal on my entire beard area. My hair is coarse and thick. I’m being given laser shots from the LightSheer Infinity 1060 nm nd-yag at ~24 J/cm^2 which has ChillTip cooling. I’m already using lidocaine 10% as a topical anesthetic but looking to reduce the pain further by changing to a different cooling technology. Would the GentleMax Pro’s cryogenic cooling be more tolerable at an comparable fluence or greater? Thanks!

I’m getting treatments with the Candela GentleMAX and the cryogenic cooling is extremely effective, at 18 joules I barely felt any pain and am going up to 20 joules next week. Haven’t used the chill tip so idk but research indicates that cryogenic is the most effective cooling

What skin type r u? What’s spot size was used on you? It sound under treated to me. If undertreated your overall result wont be as good in long term

Is 18/20 joules considered high? I can’t guess because different lasers have different settings.

This info is for Candela Gentle Series

For 755nm

For 1064nm

I’m a skin type IV and I’m pretty sure my spot size is 18 but I’ll make sure on my next treatment

According to that chart it’s normal I wish they’d go a little bit higher but they will next session and gradually go higher sessions after too