Electrolysis treatment diary - South Australia

Hi Emilily! Were the hairs on your stomach/chest terminal or vellus (and thick/sparse), and are they all gone now? When was the last time you had to shave? I know everyone responds differently, but I’d like to get an idea about this! Congratulations on your success

Hi :slight_smile: The hairs on my stomach were quite thick - I’d actually had a few sessions of laser there which the hair had responded to. After my first two clearances in the area the hair has been almost negligible - the reason I really needed another session the other day was because the treatment area had changed (so I’d had more hairs to treat further down, and had only had one session in that area).

With my chest, there were only a few terminal hairs but plenty of darker hairs that I didn’t like. I have only had a few sessions on the area, not usually aiming for a clearance. The other day I had what I would call a clearance (all the easily visible hair).

While I’m getting treatments, especially body, I don’t feel the need to shave at all because I don’t want any hairs to miss being treated :slight_smile: It is winter here at the moment so no problems!

I had my second session for 2016 today, with the first in February. Before that sessions were sporadic as well. I tend to do all areas when I have an appointment. Hair is definitely no longer a priority or something I worry about!

I get sides of face, upper lip and chin treated on my face, and chest/stomach.

Appointment today was 1 hour to treat all areas.

To anyone just starting out, it will take time to see the real tipping point. At first, you’re clearing. Then you’ve cleared and you wonder why there is still more hairs growing in and when it will stop.

Then one day you realise you haven’t made an appointment, or felt like you need to make an appointment, in a long time. And that you still don’t really need to make an appointment but it might be nice to get rid of the last few hairs growing on your underarms, or there are a couple of slightly longer hairs growing in on your upper lip.

I’ve been seeing Christine and Nicolette at Clinical Electrolysis in Sydney, Australia. I highly recommend them.

I’m updating but couldn’t log into my old account.

I have a 16 month old baby and recently (and during pregnancy actually) more hairs have been growing on my upper lip and chin. Stomach, chest and underarms are still pretty much hair free. I guess that points to how sensitive the facial area is to hormones?

1 Like

thanks for reporting back- ive been wondering about this for myself ( i want to get electrolysis done on laser stimulated hair on face) and always wonder what will happen after having a baby one day.

I guess its different for everyone. would you say the regrowth is as much as before you started electrolysis? or 1/3 for example?

I’d say three or four terminal hairs have come back. Lots of darkish vellus hair though.

Re the Vellus hairs i have read that many women get this growing after giving birth and they usually fall out and go away within 6 months. do’nt know if its true

Yes, once the hormones of pregnancy drop, this can happen, but it doesn’t always mean the hair will go away in it’s entirety forever. We are all different and we surmise this to be true.

My bub (ok toddler haha) is sixteen months old…