Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia

Hi all

I’m trying to find an electrologist on the Gold Coast, Australia. There are some clinics in Brisbane but that’s an hour drive away. There MUST be someone on the Gold Coast although I have been told that they are pretty thin on the ground over here. Please can someone help?!!

I would like to have the blend method i.e. galvanic current and high frequency current if at all possible.

I also have a question about licensing in Ausralia - is it done/required? And if so, how do I check if someone is licensed?

I have had electrolysis in New Zealand in a small town of about 25,000 but can’t seem to find one here in a city of 550,000. If there are electrologists following this site then I suggest you look int the possibility of setting up on the Gold Coast. Especially the booming hub of Robina. You would make my day and I’m sure I’m not the only one on the Gold Coast that needs a scientifically proven permanent hair removal solution. I have tried IPL and found it did nothing for me after 10 sessions.

Thanks in anticipation…

Rosella

Why are you so set on blend and galvanic? Thermolysis is actually fastest and just as effective. It’s most important to find someone good.

I don’t think an hour is a big deal since you can schedule your trips 3-4 weeks apart, as long as you get a clearance each time, i.e. you’d need to schedule long enough treatments for this.

What areas and type of hair are you treating? IPL and lasers work, but only on dark coarse hair at correct settings.

Thanks LAgirl. I was told that blend is the most effective method but I agree that it’s most important to find someone good. The problem here in Ausralia seems to be that there are hardly any fully qualified electrologists and I’m not sure of the licensing requirements in Australia either. Everyone seems to offer laser or IPL (especially IPL - it’s cheaper I guess). The distance to Brisbane is one hour each way so two hours round trip and I want to avoid it if I can.

The area I need to treat is upper lip and chin. I tried IPL a few years ago and it didn’t work well for me at all although I do have dark hair and fairish skin. I do have some blonder hairs on upper lip so maybe that affected the effectiveness. I went for about 10 treatments before I gave up.

Whoever told you that is being biased. All methods are effective in good hands, but thermolysis is fastest.

Dark hair is not enough for laser. It needs to be coarse and dense - the type of hair that leaves a shadow when shaved.

All electrolysis methods WORK. It’s all about getting enough energy to the bottom part of the follicle and applying that energy for the right amount of time so the hair slides out with no traction.

Rosella hello! i am from the Gold Coast too, and have found it SOO hard to find an electrologist :frowning: I have been going to brisbane for a while but luckily found someone in Banora Point (approx 20 - 25 min drive from Nerang) she works from Home, and it only costs $50 an hour, Verry cheap, if you would like her number id be more then happy to give it to you so you can see what you think:) She only does thermolysis but

Oh Laylah88 that would be FANTASTIC. I’m in Robina so probably only a 15min drive for me - yay. And are you finding her good? I’m only new to this forum but I believe you can send me a private message with the number?

Thanks so much
Rosella

Hi LAgirl - would IPL treatment work in the same way? So if I was to get IPL on my bikini line that would work much better? There hair is definitely very dark and very coarse :eek:

Thanks very much for all the input - very educational :slight_smile:

Please read the FAQs at the link below. IPL is not the best type of machine. You need a true laser if you want the best results. And yes, laser is great for bikini hair.

Could you also send me the details of the electrologist in Banora Point? I have just moved back from living in London and I am in desperate need of an appointment.

Start here:
http://fleminginstitute.com.au/cms/index.php

Laylah88, the electrologist you are referring to in Banora Point - is she any good? I need to get my upper lip and few chin hairs done and am concerned about getting these areas done as they are on my face (ie, if something goes wrong with the procedure or the hairs come back darker i cant hide it). I too am on the Gold Coast and wish to go to someone on the Gold Coast and not in Brisbane but i want to make sure that i am going to someone who is very experienced and does the procedure correctly and not untreat the area so that im not wasting money.

Do you find that the hairs that do come back, come back finer, fairer and shorter?

Thanks

Hairs that are treated will most likely BE GONE FOREVER. This is electrolysis, you know! There MAY be some regrowth, but those hairs are finer, not thicker. There will be NEW growth, meaning hairs that were not on the surface before have now appeared and can be treated.

Hopefully, Laylah88 will see your post. Honest referrals from actual consumers are the best. You don’t sound like a highly challenging case? so this should not be a steep climb for you.

Hi there, sorry it has been so long since i logged in. Nikky i have been getting my mono brow done, and my skin reacts well and it seems all fine, have been gettig it done for nearly 8 months now and i can def see the difference (had to go once a week for clearance and now its two weeks and now i think i can push it to 3 weeks as only 1 or 2 hairs grow) I used to be getting my upper lip done, but for some reason i developed a little rash above my upperlip and i stoped doing it as i was sick of being stuck at home after getting it done and didint want to agrevate the rash, but that was my skin. she has been doing it for over 30 years and she works from home (as a room setup just for it), her number is 0408 831 328 you should have a free consultation with her and see how you go :slight_smile: good luckk

Hey laylah, what kind of rash were you getting and were you using tea tree oil on your upper lip?

Hey, umm i dont know how to explain it, it wasn’t where i was getting the electrolysis it was like red and dry and itchy, i was using tea tree oil sparingly li do with my other areas and i started to used jajoba oil from the recommendation from somone and It has cleared up thank god, but put me off doing my upper lip anymore so i focus on the other areas. I decided i was sick of hiding fro the world on my weekend every fortnight while my skin ‘recovered’

You know, I think it may be the tea tree oil. I also always used it dilute and sparingly. First my upper lip would be a bit dry after appointments and then more recently the whole thing became inflamed,itchy and weeping after an appointment. I could not figure out what it was and was really scared if it was the electrolysis. But I was having electrolysis on other facial areas (and using ttoil) and the upper lip had just wound down to a few minutes of treatment. Anyway, I figured out it was ttoil when I got a spot on my upper lip and hadn’t had any electrolysis for weeks. I spot treated it with ttoil and the next day the whole area around it, so not the entire upper lip, was red, swollen and weepy and very itchy.

I understand how frustrating it is. My skin still has some pigmentation from the incidents. But if you ever want to try electrolysis on the upper lip again, try it minus the tea tree oil. Perhaps just a layer of aloe vera immediately after treatment.

Tea tree oil can case mild contact dermatisis in some people especially if it is undiluted with water, vegetale oil, jajoba oil, almond oil, etc.

Here is some chemistry info that I have copied and pasted if anyone is interesed:

“The main constituent in tea tree’s essential oil and present in concentrations of 30% or more is terpinen-4-ol, with more than 100 other constituents identified. The International Standards Organization requires 15 of these chemicals to be present, and concentrations of terpinen-4-ol must be at least 30% and 1,8-cineole (controversially considered a skin irritant) must be less than 15%. However, essential oils from other related species ( Melaleuca dissitiflora and Melaleuca linariifolia ) can also meet these same standards and have been used as adulterants. Other constituents include terpinene, terpinolene, pinene, cymene, and limonene. The composition of the essential oil may change with storage conditions, because heat, light, air, and moisture can affect the oil.”

Hi Guys, my name is Lindy Kent, the Electrolysis lady from Banora Point (just past Coolangatta) mentioned in previous posts. I now have a website with full details - www.GoldCoastElectrolysis.com

You can also contact me for a free quotation or advice on 0408 831 328; please leave a message if I am busy with a client and I will get back to you asap.

I have over 30 years experience and work from a studio in my home, so very private. Look forward to helping you!

Best Wishes, Lindy

Hi there
Curious to know who and where you went in NZ? We currently travel several hours each way to our fabulous lady but would also love another name for faster treatments together.
Thanks!