Electrolysis, Gold Coast, Australia

Thanks for the photos. I can see why you are troubled … anyone would be! The front of your face, and especially the upper lip, is the central focus of your face. Your electrologist should have seen this immediately and offered recommendations.

I learned, from Dr. Chapple, that you must address a patient’s concerns immediately and offer assistance immediately (even if it’s not a problem). However, to the patient IT IS A PROBLEM. If the therapist does not act quickly … the therapist is “in for it” … and rightly so! I have had clients meet me at my office at 11:00 at night … nobody should be “left hanging” or have to spend a sleepless night! (I know you have!)

Having said that, I believe I’m looking at common hyperpigmentation … somewhat unexpected with your skin type. I do NOT think this will result in scars at all. (Please watch my video on this subject; I believe it’s called “dark spots on the skin?”)

This is going to take a long time to resolve; but it will go away. Wear a little make-up during this unfortunate period. I’m truly sorry this happened to you … but, again, the good news: it’s going to go away. I’d say at least 6-months until you start feeling good about it. Your doctor might recommend a “fade cream” that will keep the spots looking better until they resolve. Best Wishes … from Uncle Mike

Sorry Michael scarred has been silenced and wont be responding. In the future if you notice an interaction like this one, it’s preferable to not engage the issue and get in contact with me, Deedra or Andrea

Folks, if I have had to come in after a VERY long week of electrolysis and delete your post because you post directed accusations against a practioner here, I’m sorry if you come in after me and post them all over again I’m not even going to take the time to read it through. I will not only delete it but disable the account from posting further. This is the latest instruction from the boards owner which guidelines our response to such things very well:

Due to problems in the past, I generally do not allow negative posts about identifiable practitioners, because it is too hard to verify independently. We have had competitors create fake accounts to denigrate competition, and we have had some lawsuits over negative posts.

If people want to share negative experiences, rating sites like Yelp are available. If they want to share negative experiences without identifying the practitioner, that is OK as well. But negative comments about identifiable practitioners often lead to abuse.

So there it is . Rules to live by . Since this is the second time I’ve had to intervene with similar issues in the last week, I will say I am on the watch and this behaviour will not be tolerated here on hairtell.

Well, I did notify you … then, she posted her photos without being naughty … I hope I was helpful to her. She had a problem that can be solved. Basically a case of hyperpigmentation that the patient assumed were scars. And, that is a very common situation with patients.

I got the notifiction hours after I finished working unfortunately. I saw the replies, but still identifying a practioner, so hands were tied according to the guidelines I’ve been provided. I do believe the issue is with lack of understanding of the healing process and not enough information about electrolysis, but when it comes to someone making open accusations against a practioner it once again comes down to liability issues and must be removed .The board is open to liability otherwise

I agree 100% …,

There is a progression of attitude with a fearful patient that all therapists need to understand. A patient may have some initial fear about something … and will usually get in touch with the practitioner. The practitioner must never discount the problem; even when she know there is not problem. The patient, without being satisfied or being dismissed, gets frustrated … angry … and eventually seeks revenge. This does NOT have to happen.

All patients want truth, verification and the comfort that the practitioner has this under control and will help ameliorate the difficulty. I have seen some extreme cases with Dr. Chapple, but he always managed to not only help the patient … but the patient became an advocate and “fell in love” with the doctor.

Point being … you may have heard the “story” 1,000 times and you know it’s no big deal. However, it’s the first time for the patient and it is a big deal to her. I always remember that; and never dismiss a patient.

Here’s a case in point regarding a practitioner’s quick response to a problem.

Last Thursday, my nephew had a routine blood test that didn’t go well … lots of swelling and pain for the last few days. He went back to the blood lab (Quest) to see if they had any suggestions or could offer a bit of help. Instead of help, the place refused to speak with him. The person in charge said, “You will have to talk to your doctor, we have no time for you.” So now, Eric is angry.

He wasn’t before, but after the brisk and snooty response, well … Yelp here we come, a letter to Quest Diagnostics main office and a discussion with his doctor. It’s not about the injury; it’s about the ATTITUDE!

Eric is mild mannered and this issue could have been resolved with a little courtesy. Instead, they bought themselves trouble. For electrologists and laser operators: when something goes wrong do NOT avoid your patient. Get on it immediately if you don’t want a minor problem to become a major issue.

Hi Rosella,
I am a qualified electrologist and registered nurse. I have an electrolysis clinic opening tomorrow in Surfers Paradise, Forever Medical Electrolysis. I do thermolysis and blend and can definitely help you out. I am opening with rates at about 30% off for now. DM me with any questions x
Belle

I just realised i answered a 13 year old question :woman_facepalming:.

2 Likes

Hi there

My name is Mel and I’m an electrologist based on the Gold Coast :slight_smile:

This is my website if anyone was interested in getting more details

www.mselectrolysis.com.au

Funny thing is I have used the hairtell forums for over 14 years, gaining knowledge and information when starting my own electrolysis journey.

This place is amazing at connecting everyone together. It’s also awesome to see more electrologists in this area now