Electrolysis Diary

Interesting, I can not work Multiplex more than 136 els with IBP.

One thing we are sometimes overlooked. In dark skin, small scabs are darker than fair skin, therefore, are more noticeable. This does not necessarily mean that you go to develop hyperpigmentation.

Really? Why only 136? Myself i was wondering if 400 els was enough to permanently destroy follicle… If 136 is enough wow. As we were well up there in energy on right arm but we did use the other probes. The scabs are much smaller on left arm using size 4 Laurier…we did use 5 at some point just to see what was best in terms of releases and build up!

The focus they provide requires a lot less power Geeeza. That is what reduces irritation so much. Give him a little time to get used to them.

I agree with Mike. We need time to master the technique required for this type of needle. I need to set a low els to prevent tissue debris remain adhered to the insulating layer. If it happens often, you lose a lot of time cleaning the needle. If you press the pedal twice, you will be using almost 300 els, and the probe remains clean as before use.

I used 3 mistakes at first. One, using a smaller size than that required for the hair, two, select more intensity than necessary, and three, insert more deeply to avoid overtreatment. Until I realized that you must change your technique.

Following this with great interest :wink:

I always tell folks to start low and work your way up to your desired treatment level follizap. If when working a given area, you find that a single pulse works most of the time, for some a double pulse, and for fewer still a third. That will indicate you are very close to where you want to be. Keeping your energy levels down also keeps irritation down and nearly eliminates after-treatment care. The goal is to use as little energy as possible to get the job done, thereby minimizing patient discomfort during and after the treatment.

-Mike

I caution the readers not to oversimplify this. Modern machines like the Platinum concoct a complex mixture for the type of pulse the electrologist delivers. Energy level is only a part of this mixture and their choice of pulse involves a very complex array of factors for the electrologist to consider for each individual case. These factors can vary greatly from visit to visit even with the same patient and must be taken into consideration each time.

This is all very interesting spoke to Follizap and we will try josefas suggestion…thanks Mike will keep you posted. :slight_smile:

Well things did not go smoothly today as it looks like the apilus has an intermittent fault. :frowning: we managed to release only a couple of hairs out of many. We tried checking leads switching modality nothing was happening to get the releases. However Follizap turned into LEwis HAmilton…we had a very quick session at the gym and climbed a mountain. Keeping up my spirits i even indulged in a chicken burger meal from Barwell kebab house. :slight_smile: I should be more upset really. lol

In the course of my life, I have often had to eat my words, and I must confess that I have always found it a wholesome diet.” Winston Churchill

So every morning I try to include in my diet low in calories true, a good deal of my own words. This is the case today. Let me correct myself:
Geeeza, it was virtually impossible to kill your hairs in the first time without getting hateful temporary hyperpigmentation. As I expected Follizap did a GREAT job. His kill ratio is the same as mine. Unfortunately, the conditions under which you started working on Geeeza were not the most suitable.

1. Lots of hair missing since last laser session. Therefore high number of false regrowth.
  2. A VERY, VERY dry skin.
  3. A machine that worked intermittently.

I had a little more luck:

1. The hairs were missing were those you killed the first time. So, after my first clearance, NO FALSE or TRUE regrowth from previous sessions of Electrolysis.
  2. The skin is still very, very dry. :frowning:
  3. My machine works reasonably well.

In July (before starting work) I took a photo of the area was made. The skin was exactly as it should be, in the process of healing. Small spots of hyperpigmentation matched treated follicles. No hair back into them. This temporary side effect will disappear, but the hair will never return. (Now, hyperpigmentation has almost disappeared in the arm.)
Before: (July 2012)

It was a pleasure to share this case with you, Follizap, especially because it’s hard to find people like our Geeeza. Yes, Geeeza is SPECIAL and this compensates all drawbacks of treatment.
If you lived a little closer to me, I invite you to join my team. Spain would gain on the change, no doubt, but then UK would lose a great electrologist.

BEFORE SECOND CLEARANCE (July 2012)

AFTER. BEFORE THIRD CLEARANCE (October 2012)

The work was done with Thermolysis and a Laurier IBP (004.5 Medium)

I can nt believe that is my arm! the difference! Wow… Lol. First of all Josefa has said I am special I think truely she is the special one, her skill, ferrari like speed, sense of humour and kind nature. I know some electrogists do not like to be thanked…moreso the men, i think so maybe because of the nature of man. Thank you Josefa and follizap. They turned a bad case of laser into a good case of electrolysis. Anyone considering laser on upper arms and back. Do not do it. Opt for electrolysis and throw that laser shit in the bin. Maybe a bit harsh but it’s only how I feel and everyone can decide for themesves. Josefa do you have pics of back before? I will have to keep this thread updated within the next couple of months for true before and after pics. I would never hesitate to recommend Josefa and follizap to anyone and if they have time book a session and do it. Josefa your work is flawless…I am very happy with it indeed and couldn’t have asked for more…temporary hyperpigmentation yes as my skin is prone to it…results mucho excellent. I’m guessing but close to 100 percent plus permanent hair removal. I say plus because josefa even deleted the small small hairs that could come back with a vengeance later. Truly…like Lola says…Josefa is the best in the world you know that… I already knew and I will always appreciate it. Results is what I wanted and results is what I got. What more can I ask for? I can’t help but think that this is more than a profession to Josefa, hence her amazing dedication and effort leaving other electrologists a bar to aim for. :slight_smile:

I agree 100%. Add to this a person that you can totally TRUST … honest and a true loyal friend.

We all need to post our electrolysis patients (if they are willing), to showcase what electrolysis does when performed properly. Indeed, electrolysis is predictable and can be guaranteed.

Interesting that the Medical Spas are beginning to “get it.”

Laser hair removal, while successful in many cases, is not predictable and can make matters worse. Doctors hate failure and hate unhappy patients. An unhappy patient will discontinue with all procedures offered, and certainly not go on for a PS procedure. And, “bad news” travels FAST.

There are a number of reasons why the multitudes of Medical Spas should take on electrologists, and I think that day is fast approaching. It’s the future!

And for those “fearing doctors?” None of your independence will be taken away if you know how to approach the situation. “Knee-jerk irrational fear” is, however, the only reaction I’ve encountered with most colleagues once “working with doctors” is discussed … oh, except our beloved Jossie!

I just love how you let pictures speak for your work, again and again.

Geeza or Josefa, how many hours did both arms take for the July 2012 clearance? Was it a marathon session?

sounds like a good idea Michael… problem is some sucker will always try laser and it’s like a vicious cycle. I’m not sure exactly… Josefa has everything written down though. it’s hard for me to keep track because we went from area to area. Very fast lol although might I add a touch slower this time as the probe was a prototype laurier I think for vellous hairs that needs some revision! I.e it’s designed for deeper hairs. Maybe Josefa can enlighten us :slight_smile:

Hi can I please ask is the electrlysist you have visited a London one? I did ask recently about finding one in Northampton but we just don’t have any. Like yourself its my upper arms I would like treated and your results look ace. thanks.

HI FOLLIZAP,WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?

Yes Geeeza, indeed this was done with the first prototypes 2.5 (total length equivalent to the “long” one). It is acceptable for facial vellus that does not need much firmness in the probe, but too flexible for body vellus. Now, I think this issue is solved with the new Kelly tip.

ahhh, its been a while…well, little update, I have not taken any pics yet, but I shall, too damn tired after 12 hour shifts to even begin to pull out a camera, or my phone even. Ok im just lazy, but justifiably so. Josefas work has remained flawless, i.e. permanent. Hyperpigmentation resolving, im just prone to it more than most I guess. Looking back at the pictures, im still amazed…thats my arm? Thats what laser did to it and thats what Josefa and follizap have been working on to fix. Still over 95% hair free…reason for update: Had session with follizap over two day period to catch regrowth, got most of it, scabs as expected, pin point, few and far between. I expect the odd few hairs to grow back, annoying though as I dont like pulling them out and they can grow to some length. Just dealt with the hairs that bothered me, i.e the long ones and some of the thinner hairs with the potential to become long ones. Overall waiting on healing, advance to new areas? Josefa? Follizap? :slight_smile:

It’s been a while and I apologise for not visiting this site more often to show my end results. As you can see my arm (please excuse the mirror) nearly 3 years later substantially hair free with the odd stragglers which do not bother me. Still amazed looking at my before pictures and the combined efforts of Follizap and Josefa. Thank you.