Electrolysis Diary

Another tip Geeeza stay hydrated before the treatment. This will always make treatment easier for Follizap and more comfortable for you.

Just a question for electrologist.

I have noticed build up occuring on the probe if a client is dehydrated.I do not know if it is because dehydrated skin requires increasing levels. Have other electrologists observed this?

I had a client who hates drinking water and only drinks coffee and has a fridge stocked up with energy drink V, this is her way of hydrating herself.Getting to release hair from this client was not fun at all and I got a lot of build up on my probe. After spending some time convincing her how important water is with the use of the apilus, she eventually gave in and started to drink water before her treatment. All I can say what a difference!! In fact she did not tell me that she had drunk water she wanted to see if it really made a difference but I noticed.

Does tea dehydrate skin as well?

Hi S.Tehfe,

Since I can’t force clients to drink mineral rich water and they are not eating good amounts of fruits and veggies to make up for the lack of water, I resort to addressing moisture issues and this helps a little.

I ask them to use AHA cleansers and the buildup of dead skin cells lessens and I ask them to moisturize regularly and this helps me get clean insertions and exits.

Yes, I would prefer it if they worked on hydration but if all I can get them to do is work on moisture, that’s that. It is what it is.

Hi ekade, tea is a diuretic and will remove water from the body so if you like tea, get some decaffeinated teas.

Some low-level AHA? Like 5% or even less?

I suggest the AHA Lactic acid from 3 - 5 % in a gel or oil free formulation if you have very oily skin or a cream or lotion formulation for very dry skin.

Just back from another session. Been a tiring day actually. Fifteen hours completed, one upper arm done id say, will keep you posted.

Well, two things firstly and then i guess secondly. Lidocaine-wow. Picoflash was not releasing the hairs efficiently. Follizap changed to multiplex, followed by two pico zaps. Bingo. Hairs released nicely consistently. We also speculated it may have been down to the lidocaine…as a moisturiser and a topical numbing agent. One week off and we begin other arm. Follizap did really well and we were both pleased last session was very fruitful. Now all we need is them Lauriers to arrive someday :wink: pic to follow tomorrow.

Now I’m puzzled, they should have been there by now ?

Maybe the postman is a undercover electrologist. Lol.

Not the best of pictures. A bit awkward to take, as you can see back of arm done…and a bit onto shoulder. Next session i should think it will be left upper arm. :slight_smile: lets see how the healing goes.

great progress. has it ever felt itchy? i felt crazy itchy sometimes.

Im itching right now lol actually. However i shall not be tempted to scratch!

Aloe Vera does wonders for itching. Hydrocortisone does as well.

Today applied topical ibuprofen against the itching of my lower jaw.
I find it less unsympathic than using corticoids in every day usage (IMO careless - that kind of stuff should be reserved for situations where it is really needed).

I just took an antihistamine tab. Works a treat.

That’s what i suggest to my clients if skin reaction is surprisingly strong. And i have them apply topical antihistamines immediately after treatment.
The ibu is just what i (still :() need to apply on certain facial areas when the final rests of my beard are removed. And only if the itching appears to be lasting (yesterday was about two weeks after treatment; the skin looks absolutely normal).

I have some aloe vera and have been applying that fairly liberally. It is really helping. Kept it cool in the fridge :slight_smile:

Update. right arm is healing well. rosehip oil is working wonders. accelerated healing in my opinion and decided only to buy once i had explored some of the scientific journals on its healing properties. I was a bit concerned at first with the red marks left after scabs disappeared but a month now down the line they seem to be fading nicely…two months should show vast improvement. There is some hair coming back from laser on right arm which we will have to sort once healed. Left upper arm nearly complete many fine small hairs remain. Left arm should be finished tomorrow hopefully then onto shoulders and back. approximately 30 hours in come tomorrow. Travelling is becoming very tiresome and taking its toll on me but trying to stay positive. Laurier Probes used on left arm considerably smaller scabs and prob less irritation under skin. Excellent probes. Darren also has taken to the probes.

Do not be discouraged, Geeeza.
You’re noticing a common syndrome in people who have marathon sessions. Some continue and others leave. Those who leave always regret not having continued.

Its travelling and traffic more than anything. Im still skeptical till i see results and once that happens Im sure i will have a spring in my step and motivate me to carry on. I aso seem to be doing ok without emla fingers crossed. some area way more sensitive than others like back of arm. using about 400 els as hairs still release and less build up on probe. Photo upload tomorrow.