Electric Shavers for Men's Body Hair.

Hey all…
I am a guy with thick hair covering almost all of my body… I tried rotary epilators (too painful) and depilators (always leave behind thick black dots of hair all over the place) and I wasn’t satisfied - not going to try them again.
I am now looking for an elecric shaver that is suitable for totaly removing thick body hair. I am new to this and would appreciate any suggestions or shared experiences.

The best electric shaver for body hair removal by far is the Braun Syncro system, either the 7526 or the 7505. The 7526 has a self cleaning module.

Other shavers will overheat or have the screens fail early. This has never happened with the Braun. The Braun also gives the closest shave of any electric I have tried, and I’ve tried them all.

If you are extremely hairy you should also consider laser treatments for your hairiest areas. Chest and back would be a good start. Even one or two treatments can make a dramatic difference and make shaving much quicker and easier. You should definitely consider some laser if you can afford it.

RJC2001

This question is for anyone. Which type of electric shaver would you say is better? The one that has the circular type foils or the one with the screens? It seems like an ongoing debate.

Thanks for the information, RJC2001. I took a look on those Braun models and will cosider them. Have you or anyone tried or know about the Remington Titanium 3 foil shaver? It has 3 foils and the blade is coated with titanium.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by RJC2001:
<strong>The best electric shaver for body hair removal by far is the Braun Syncro system, either the 7526 or the 7505. The 7526 has a self cleaning module.

Other shavers will overheat or have the screens fail early. This has never happened with the Braun. The Braun also gives the closest shave of any electric I have tried, and I’ve tried them all.

If you are extremely hairy you should also consider laser treatments for your hairiest areas. Chest and back would be a good start. Even one or two treatments can make a dramatic difference and make shaving much quicker and easier. You should definitely consider some laser if you can afford it.

RJC2001</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Electric razors, such as the Syncro, are for male facial hair only.

Why? Please enlighten us!

RJC2001

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by RJC2001:
<strong>Why? Please enlighten us!

RJC2001</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>That’s just what they’re designed for. Male facial hair.

SO OK IF they are meant for ONLY facial hair what shavers are GOOD for body hair that r electric? THERE HAS TO Be some! ?!?

Well, OK technically they were designed for men’s facial hair. that does not mean they won’t work and even do a good job on hair in other places.

Actually, for most of us men on this forum, male facial hair is probably the most difficult to use an electric shaver on. It’s coarse, it’s dense (a lot of it close together in one area) and grows in different directions. And if an electric does a reasonably good job on male facial hair, there is no reason to think why it can’t work well on other areas too.

My vote is for the Synchro, for ANY tupe of hair. But different people will often prefer different shavers, just as they would different blades. There is an electric shaver shop near where I live and they say that the Synchro is the most popular electric by far and it is the most reliable.

RJC2001

Do u use this shaver on body parts? Also is it expensive? best place to get it on the internet? or at anystore like walmart for example? lol

I do use the Syncro for body shaving. I use it mostly on my arms and legs. The 7526 with self-cleaning module costs between $119-$139. The 7505 with just the shaver is $89-$99. The Syncro may seem expensive but it will far outlast cheaper electrics.

The Syncros can be found at Walmart, Target and Meijer’s.

RJC2001

http://www.braun.com/na/products/beautycare/ladyshavingepilation/epilation/eversoft.html

what about this do u think its better or worse?

I’ve always wondered about those but I’ve never tried one. Undoubtedly the results will last longer than with shaving, but OTOH I would be worried about the possiblility of ingrown hairs.

If you try one I would test it first in an area where it is easy to remove ingrown hairs.

RJC2001

When it comes to body hair, a razor and shaving cream are far superior to electric. Use the Ladies VEnus, its a version of the MachIII, with a different handle and the blades are better protected, so you can get into areas like the armpit without cutting yourself. Its a wonderful product, and comes in a nice deep blue, not pink. Try it, I think you will agree its way better than electric. The electrics will leave you too stubbly, and will cut you on the curved parts, like armpits, the shin of your leg, etc. Plus, they make my skin feel dry. I’m male, by the way.

Veinlover: I was happy to read that you shave your armpits. I did also; until getting the hair permanently removed. At the time I was concerned that other men at the gym would think that was crazy. Recently, I heard it was becoming fashionable for men to remove their armpit hair. Does anyone have any information to support that. If so, I would like to be more foreward in showing off my smooth pits. Incidently how do you readers feel about men getting rid of their underarm hair? I love it;but sometimes feel embaressed in letting others know that I did it.

Why be embarrassed? Men having armpit hair removed, neck hair, hair off their private parts (you would be surprised how many males shave down there, as well as their armpit hairs). People have to get over their hangups and and do for themselves what makes them feel good. Whether it is for psychological reasons, self-esteem, self-satisfaction, pride, if one feels good about removing hair from such body areas, that’s just swell. I say go for it. I find that the older males are fairly set in their ways (and it’s not their fault either). There weren’t many metrosexual males 10-15 yrs. ago. The younger males are much less introverted (slowly, but surely) and I find that some of the older males are starting to quietly come around, inquisitively inquiring about removal of hair from firstly: face, secondly: private parts, and thirdly: facial/neck hair. It’s about time. I find that I spend a fair bit of time just talking and encouraging some of the males to drop their guard a little, build up their confidence and slowly ease them into an awareness of hair removal discussions. It’s tough when compared to the female population whom are much more open and ready to deal with unwanted hair issues. To the men: there is nothing to be ashamed of. If you have an unwanted hair issue and can “connect” with a good electrologist, then you owe it to yourself to take the plunge. Privacy and confidentiality a well as trust are paramount in this business. With such safeguards, you should have nothing to fear.

Thanks Eddy; but I think men in Canada are less inhibited in having their body hair removed than in the USA. It will be interesting to see over the next few days how many men in the US admit shaving their underarm hair.

I do mine too. I originally did it to eliminate underarm stains on my shirts and it worked very well. But I also like the look and feel of it too.

When I was getting Lishteer and Aurora treatments on my chest and back my practitioner started moving in on the armpits to for no extra charge. She too agrees that my armpits should be hair free.

Post deleted by RJC2001