Electric Shavers for Men's Body Hair.

Good for you guys. I think you will find that a lot more men (in both countries, especially in the USA where there is a larger male population) shave their armpits (and other areas as well) than will let on. Unfortunately, social perception and acceptance is still in it’s early stages. But, that will change with time. Many professional male athletes shave such as swimmers, runners, sprinters, acrobats et al. Hair has it’s purposes but can also be a hindrance in so many ways. Yes, barrister, I too would be interested to see the response from males, although statistically, the male response to this forum would be very minute in comparison to the male population that does exist and that may or may not engage in hair removal practices. Summer is coming and it’s going to be a hot one. Cooler (sic) being “HairFree”.

Hi Eddie G

Social acceptance is progressing quite fast in other countries than the US or Canada. I live in South Africa and have shaved my legs for years now with hardly any comments or strange looks. Over here we have an extremly open and tolerant social view since all the changes 10 years ago. It’s a pleasure to live in a society where just about anything legal is acceptable. Male shaving or permanent hair removal (particularly legs)is the norm now (at least in our major cities). All the athletic guys here shave their legs and swimmers or tri-athletes shave their entire bodies.

It’s also a question of good looks and style as well as sport. I keep it up for the whole year because it feels cleaner, cooler (literally) and showering is a breeze without all the hair in my way. As for electric razors, to answer some other responses on this thread, they are perfectly fine for body shaving. I use an electric on my legs all the time as well as my face. I also use this to trim my hair on my head and my chest - no problem there at all. An electric razor is a hair removal device and is only marketed showing men shaving their faces on TV etc, but it removes hair wherever you want it too.

Regards
Stuart

I decided to have my armpits cleared with electrolysis, And I’m glad I did. The comfort level is even higher than keeping them clean shaven. It’s too hot here in the summer to have hair there. It keeps my shirts from getting stained and cuts down on deodorant use.

My practitioner said it is quite common for guys to have their armpit hair removed.

I spend a lot of time during the summer shirtless out in my boat and around the boat docks and there have been no comments on my hairless armpits.

RJC2001

Hi RJC

I don’t think smooth armpits are very noticable. I must admit that I have never actually much looked at another man’s armpits and I don’t think that many men do. Having said that, I personally find very hairy armpits to be disgusting. A man smells bad with a lot of sweat trapped in the hair and once again washing properly takes longer. I find there is a good balance between the time taken shaving and the time saved washing up.

Regards
Stuart

Hi RJC

I don’t think smooth armpits are very noticable. I must admit that I have never actually much looked at another man’s armpits and I don’t think that many men do. Having said that, I personally find very hairy armpits to be disgusting. A man smells bad with a lot of sweat trapped in the hair and once again washing properly takes longer. I find there is a good balance between the time taken shaving and the time saved washing up.

Regards
Stuart

Actually, If a guy is shirtless, I almost always notice their pit hair, primarily because lots of guys are almost proud of it, and tend to lift their arm so it is very visible. Also, so many guys have such long pit hair it sprouts out even if their arm is against their side, which I think is totally disgusting. I know its natural, but that doesn’t mean its attractive. Just the thought of sweaty hairy pits makes me think the guy smells. And, because I workout, any guy that goes shirtless or sleveless and likes to flex his biceps should shave, because otherwise, rather than seeing the biceps, all I see is pit hair, all matted and sweaty from exercise. When the pits are smooth, the biceps/shoulder/terres muscle (armpit) is an absolutely beautiful part of the human anatomy.

Regarding how noticeable the armpit is to others, most people probably don’t focus too much on mens pits, probably because they don’t want to see them, but if they do see them smooth, they probably will notice, since unlike legs, where lots of men have very little hair, it is highly unlikely a man would naturally have no pit hair.

Finally, a huge benefit of shving the pits is hygiene. I absolutely never smell there, and often don’t bother with deodorant. If you sweat, it runs right off, so your pits are relatively dry. Plus, you don’t stain your shirts as the pits are dry, the hair isn’t touching the fabric and wicking out the moisture, and by using little or no deodorant you don’t discolour the fabric. Given the cost of shirts today, that is a huge benefit.