DESPERATE! please advise :(

Hey, Seana! I just gained my composure after reading your post of support for Ali and Michael. Proud of everybody.

Ali, in time, the area of skin on your face and chin will look like the skin tone and smoothness you see on your neck area. Here is a partial picture of a client (and myself) who I worked on and finished in about 18- 20 months. She is my adopted daughter.

Her skin, pre-electrolysis, resembled yours and now she is smooth. Be determined and go forth. It sounds like you have a FABULOUS Electrologist! Hug her or him often!

Wow! She looks amazing! I’m happy I found someone who really wants to help me. I tried to give her a tip and she wouldn’t even take it because she said I’m already paying a lot of money. Now we need more people like her!! I will hug her tight every time I see her! She’s gonna get an awesome tip from me at the end of this all! I prayed on it and my prayers were answered! Even though it was tough to see comments about my skin lol and constructive criticism, THANK YOU All! I’ll update you guys with pictures next appointment.

By the way, I’m using embroylisse lait cream as my moisturizer. Is it OK to continue using it? She said make sure I’m not using too much product to clog mY pores. In the morning she said to continue using my Boscia clear complexion cleanser & night time using the osmosis purify exfoliating cleanser & the pca gel.

Well done Ali, you seem to be on track. :smiley:

Thank you! :grin: I enjoy your videos on YouTube by the way! You make me wanna give electrolysis a try lol

Ali, in the days immediately following electrolysis try and use as little product on the area as possible. Water washes ( I use a hot compress) several times a day helps immensely. Soap is ok, but keep it minimal if possible. I tend to use teatree oil in the first 24-48 hours only( it can dry the skin), and aloe vera daily. This works wonders.I didnt realize how much, until I did a session this week and didnt do ANYTHING. I ended up with a chin full of scabs .I quickly followed up with teatree oil and aloe vera and a hot compress first. The difference between wehn I do this, and nothing at all, is night and day.

And Congratulations! Stick with it! You will see some regrowth, dont let this get you down.It will diminish over time but especially at around the 3 month mark, can be a little overwhelming and make you down a little. Just stick with it, and it will get better.

Seana

Thanks Seana! I’m learning so much on here. Before I thought you just kill those hairs and that’s it. But I forgot that hair grows in cycles. I know the hair will grow back but I’m totally fine with it because my electrolysis is so fast. Lol… now my mom wanna get her chin done! This lady only have like 5 hairs if that lol. Total opposite of her hairy daughter lol. But funny thing is I have barely no hair on my legs and I got that from her!

I have a friend like that. She probably has more like 40 hairs, but only ever 5 or so showing at a time. She’s been ( ugh) plucking them. I cant convince her to stop doing it.

Seana

When you say, “I know the hair will be back” that means the same thing as the next group of new hair will come to the surface so it can now be seen and treated. There may be a certain percentage of hair that was treated coming back if some hair germ cells were missed on the first attempt to disable the hair follicle.

It is so very exciting when electrolysis clients tell their moms and other female relatives , companions or co-workers about electrolysis. It creates a domino effect of power. Now, the hairy person has found the right path on their journey to free them of enbarrassing hair. You will not always be this happy as you push forward. There will be times when you feel the hair will never go away. That is to be expected, but don’t despair. Keep on the attack and you will win.

As long as they come back as thick and coarse as before I’ll be alright. She showed me a client that was just like me and within 9 sessions, the hair was barely noticeable! So I have faith but thanks for the warning because I know everyone is different.

Hello Ali – I read your post [thanks to my Ohio mama, Dee, for sending me the link :slight_smile: ] and instantly recognized the hair situation. A few years ago, I was in a situation similar to yours – I had hair everywhere. To see what my face looked like back in the day, please read through this thread:

I was, however, extremely lucky because I could get access to great electrologists right away. I saw James two or three times in Buffalo and then when I moved to Ohio, I saw Dee consistently after that and we spent some time together back in the day. Initially, it was every 2 weeks (for perhaps the first 4 months) and then after that, it tapered off. This was from 2010-2011. I moved away from Ohio since then and these days, I see an electrologist for my belly hairs and little else - perhaps once every 6 weeks is how frequently I see my electrologist, for an hour or so, and we spend hardly any time on my face.

My face is effectively hair-free now - every now and then, I find one hair or two and I get self-conscious about it, but relative to where I was before, I have come a long way. I wear my hair up, I wear it anyway I want - and people can touch my face without my feeling any fear. It may seem like there is no hope (especially at the beginning when it feels like the hairs just keep returning every day), but frankly once you get a few clearances under your belt, you will start to notice the difference very quickly. And most of that hyperpigmentation will go away once the hairs and ingrowns go away.

I would say you already have a great plan of action since you’ve found an electrologist. Finding the right electrologist is one of the most important steps (along with determining any medical reason for so much hair) – ask the person questions about their technique, equipment, etc. I met with a number of electrologists who were very honest with me and said they just could not handle this type/amount of hair (I used to have a lot of ingrowns that were described by James and Dee as Banana or S-shaped. Today, I don’t have any and my skin is super duper smooth). Even if you have to travel to see your electrologist, do so – I started by traveling halfway across the country, then after my job took me closer, I would just drive for about 3 hours and it was totally worth the time. You want someone who won’t leave you with scars on your body after you’re done - afterall, you’re the one who will be stuck with your face for the rest of your life! It’s great that your electrologist has shown you a picture of someone she has worked on and who has achieved success.

b) Finances. I am happy to see that you’re already thinking down the line. Make sure you have the money to see this through. If you can avoid it, don’t start and stop - go all the way! :slight_smile:

c) Good thing you’re already seeing a doctor.
d) no more tweezing. I saw my tweezers a few days ago - they have rust on them from neglect! :smiley:

Please send me a private message if you want more details about my own hair-removal journey.

I will post my after pictures on a separate thread later (as soon as I take pictures that are not grainy) - I just had to respond to your posts.

BTW, I also turned to Hairtell in desperation and I am very happy that this forum exists.

Cheers and Good luck,
OrangeCode
Hair free for almost 2 years now.

I’m happy for you! Funny thing is I haven’t tweezed my chin in 2 years until one day I saw it and started tweezing again lol smh. Then of course my skin became inflamed and the bumps started to come up! Most of the time I would just clip the hairs really short or use a depilatory cream. That’s been really helpful for me. I’m going to see a doctor soon to rule out any issues. I really think its genetics though and me shaving when I was younger did not help as well. But I’m happy im on the right path and just gotta do what I have to to get rid of this madness. Its crazy how hair can cause so much stress! Lol

Y’all are awesome! Gr8 support system as it seems another has been saved from depression and ongoing hairy problems. Keep up the good fight Ali! Thank u electrologists everywhere most especially the ones on here and my own person, hugs to u all! Happy New year everyone!

2nd session!! I’m happy! I wish I would of taken a before picture to show the huge difference

Closer look

Now I’m just waiting for my results to see if I have a thyroid issue or Pcos. Hope it come back negative!!!

Just an update but the culprit of my excessive hair is due to very high levels of testosterone :frowning: got my results today

Be happy that you know this now, Ali .

Has a medical plan been determined yet to deal with the high testosterone levels? Keep going forward with the electrolysis because you need to disable the follicles that have already produced a hair. Hopefully, the androgens can be blocked so you don’t produce future hair growth.

So happy you found this out!

AHA!

Well that’s good to know the cause. It’s likely that your doctor will prescribe spironolactone to correct this. The good news is, it works! The bad news is, you still have to remove the hair that has grown with electrolysis.

Seana

Yes I’m happy I finally know. Thought it was genetics although it still can be along with the testosterone. She prescribe me 500mg of Metaformin. I have to go to my gyno to see if I have any cysts on my ovaries. Also have to lose 5% of my body weight to see if my testosterone level goes down. Its at 77 and that’s obviously very high for a woman. So I really gotta focus and get this rolling.

Okay, good that you have a plan going for you, in addition to getting the hair removed.

Just for those who are curious, depending on the lab that evaluates the blood, these are the normal values for males and females for testosterone levels:

Male: 300 -1,000 ng/dL
Female: 15 - 70 ng/dL ( nanograms per deciliter)

So, you are a little high, indeed. Hope everything looks normal and good for the ovaries when you see your gynecologist.

I seem to remember that ORANGECODE told me that she lost fifty pounds, cut out eating sugar mainly, and her testosterone levels went back to normal.

That is correct, dfahey.

I have normal hormone levels now because I have cut back on many terrible foods (i.e. sugar) and I lost a crazy amount of weight about 5 years ago.

Knowledge is power in this case! Now you know what’s fueling the hair growth, you can tackle that. Best wishes.

D Fahey I guess every standard level is different because on my result it said the woman should have no more than 48. She even said to me that she think that’s too high lol.

Orange code, how amazing is that! This is gonna be hard for me especially when it comes down to the sweets because I loveeee cake! Lol but I lost weight before so I should be fine.