DESPERATE! please advise :(

Also i know you guys are not doctors lol. Im just saying i wish doctors would be more like you guys. :slight_smile: Anything to make them money. they dont care about anything else… well most of them at least

Seana, did you experience it yourself or read about it?

I’ve shown pictures of it before ekade.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/66437553/100_1487.JPG
Thankfully that only happened the first time.

Seana

Thank you for your reply, Seana. I haven’t seen the picture before.

It’s been a while that was in one of my earliest posts.
One spot on my right cheek got especially bad. Most of it cleared up early on but the spot on my right cheek got quite infected and had to have the hairs removed after which it seemed to clear up, but I can still feel the spot and may get some minor scarring there… I never really had issues with that prior.

Seana

Do you guys think $110 is expensive for 1 hour treatment?

Yes, but what are you getting for the price you pay?

Have you compared this person with the person charging $75 per hour? You will be amazed at how different the electrolysis experience can be by checking out as many electrologists as you possibly can.

Dee once again gives good advice. Around here, electrolysis varies from a low of $45 to a high of $96 an hour. I’ve hear of someone paying $120, but they were in Alaska where there aren’t that many electrologists, and presumably can charge a bit more.
Sometimes the cheaper person is a better deal, other times not. You dont know unless you try them out.

Seana

Yes I’m going to try it out and see. Everyone in the area is roughly about $80. I choose her based off the review I saw online. Tomorrow is the big day so hope all goes well.

Hi Ali,
Stick with it. It’s not going to be easy and you’ll want to quit but it’ll only make it worse. So if you’re going to start tomorrow, make it a point that you never stop. Trust me, I did that and had to stop due to money issues and I didn’t mind it either because it got better after going for 3 sessions. I stopped for about 7 or 8 mos and it grew back more intense than ever before! Trust me, with the way your skin looks now you don’t want that for yourself. So, even if you can only go once every 2 weeks or once a month, the key is to keep up with it. Don’t do like what I did and take a break or not go back cause through my experience it made it worse. So, I read how you were concerned with cost. If you express your concerns with your electrologist, he/she, may be able to work something out with you. If not, you could probably go once a week for a month straight, then cut back to 2x a month for a couple of months, then once a month.

I started consistently going again from August. I started out going 2x a month and in November I cut it back to once a month due to finances. I wish I could see her every week from the start and up to this point but, it’s just too expensive for me. I’d definitely be further along in my progress but I appreciate the progress thus far. It’s been a slow and steady fight but I feel I’m winning the battle. It’ll take time and the hardest part is getting through the first 6 mos. Stick with it and all of this will be just another thing you had conquered.

P.S. Just tell your boyfriend that you’re worried about breakouts as to why you don’t want him touching your face. Or you don’t want your makeup rubbing off onto him. My boyfriend respected that and now he’s my husband =]

Thank you for your encouragement! I keep beating myself up because all everyone talked about was laser… I thought I finally found a solution to my hairy chin lol. So back in 2011 I did about 3 sessions and that was about 1000.00 Then I stopped because my mom got laid off. Then this year I went to another dermatology office n did a package for 6 session. I only did 2 and I stop going because no hair was really growing back til now. So to be totally fair the laser did work to reduce the hair and the hyper pigmentation got A lot better however the hair grew back. Last time I did a session was back in August so I shouldn’t be surprised that hair is growing back. To be honest I wanted to finish the laser and whatever hair grow back just go to the electrolysist but everyone is telling me it will make matters worse, so I’ll listen!

Regarding my boyfriend lol that’s a good idea. He has seen me without makeup before but not my chin. I always use a lil concealer to cover it up but not to make it so obvious that I have makeup on lol.

Tomorrow I’m going to work something out with her. Right now I’m going to focus on removing the hair from my jawline and chin and leave under my chin for when I get extra cash. Or maybe I’ll try out a cheaper electrolysis by my house and see how that goes.

In 2011 you did 3 laser sessions that cost $1,000? (Seems like WAY too much money.) Then you stopped. Then you did 2 more “sessions” and stopped because it looked okay to you. You say the laser “seemed to work” but you think the hair is growing back (last appointment was in August). So, maybe you might “finish with laser” and then finish-up with electrolysis … or maybe not, because of the suggestions made here on Hairtell.

You are not going to like what I’m about to tell you … (but that’s my “job.”): Your heading “DESPERATE” should read “CONFUSED.” And, I will add “self-confused.”

You have already wasted (nearly) 4 years “fiddling” with a hair problem that CAN be cured permanently (electrolysis). You seem to do a little treatment “here and there” then stop and think about it; or lose motivation? At this point, your hair problem should be a distant memory!

My issue with you is that this (nearly) 4 years can easily become 20 or 30 years of “farting around” and never getting to the issue … and solving the problem. I’ve had tons of patients that did this over and over: a treatment here and there, and then a few YEARS of no treatment … back to tweezing … getting “DESPERATE” and then having ONE more treatment and then another über-long delay. They are now old (like me) and STILL have hair on their chin. Lovely!

Indeed, YES I do understand that money is an issue and I appreciate that. Sit down with your electrologist (pick ONE to go with) and discuss all aspects of your treatment; including costs and payments. Get your therapist to give you REAL numbers and times: a superior operator CAN do this.

I’m telling you this as a friend …

I look at your photos, and what you show us is not tolerable for a woman. Get this “sucker” over with and don’t delay. You are a young woman and should be enjoying ALL of what being a young woman truly means. (Young lasts a very short time.)

Look at the sacrifices that our own “SeanaTG” has taken to get her hair issue resolved. And you know what? She is going to get the issue resolved, because SHE is resolved. (Yeah, she’s my “new hero.”)

You have spent too much time “fiddling” already. Our only enemy (all of us) is TIME and you are wasting it by being ambivalent. Make a commitment. Find the money. Take charge! Get this over with and get yourself the beautiful skin that you deserve. Think to yourself: I DESERVE this! Because you do!

I know I’m being harsh, but sometimes it takes somebody to give you a wake-up call; maybe a push. Besides, probably every colleague here agrees with me but is not willing to have the big fat mouth that I have!

You are already on “page 4 “ of this thread. Let’s see a little progress now. Okay?

Yes its page 4 because I’m asking questions. I wasted time because I was unaware that laser wasn’t the best thing for me because EVERY dermatologist I been to recommended laser. I stopped going to my appointments because I saw that more hair was growing back. As stated on here my skin is severe and not tolerable which i am very much aware of. I have to look at it every day and still try to uplift myself because the more I think about it the more depressed I become. But anyways, thank you all for your advice and help. Didn’t mean to annoy anyone… this will be my last post on here.

I’m trying to give you encouragement!

I’m only “annoyed” that you still have hair, and I WANT it gone too.

Going into the “hole” of desparation and depression is helping nobody: it’s a useless endeavor. You do NOT have to do that. Don’t be so easily dissuaded from a very valid goal.

Get your electrologist to give you a “money amount” … something to go by. Let’s say “$2,000 of treatment will get you to this ‘specific point’.” If you have a job at the bank, I don’t know, get a loan? Put this on a credit card? Get Dad, Mom or BF to “chip in!” But get started. Make ‘em pay (if they can).

As usual, I’m the idiot that seems to hurt people’s feelings … but I’m not about that. You’re ready to give up so soon? You have many other supporters here on Hairtell that do a much more “benign” style of writing … so, “go” with them. Forget me. I’m nobody, just words on your computer screen.

Still, read again what I’ve said to you, and stop being depressed and get going “making other people ‘depressed’!” Give the problem to the professional! Get this job moving and give us all the spectacular details of your success!

At some point you will, actually, have to stop feeling like a victim. Eventually you will get sick of your own depression about this and understand that you will have to take a “get it done” attitude. Just don’t wait 25 years to get your determination!

Please dont run away. Michael really is trying to help you. And he’s right in that the more you DONT deal with the issue in a concise way that is planned out, the longer you will have the issue. Honestly listen to his words. He isnt annoyed, he’s CONCERNED for YOU. He’s right that the problem isnt going to go away unless you deal with it in a step by step process. He knows this because he’s been doing this for 40 years. Every electrologist on this board has watched “on again off again” clients fail because they didnt follow the plan they should have.
YOU have the POWER! make it happen!
Laser works on some people, not on others. It works on thick dense hair and light skin. Not red hair, not blond, not grey, not light brown.And even then, it doesnt always work well. I had 11 sessions of laser , and it didnt work for me.And I literally broke the bank doing so.

If you take ONE THING from michaels statements it’s this, that you need a concide plan to deal with the issue and to follow it. Stop being embarrassed by the hair.Deal with the problem and have it gone forever.

Let me tell you a story. There’s this transgirl I know. She has 3 kids living with her full time. She lives on welfare because no one will hire a transgendered person and because one of thoose kids is disabled and requires full time care. .Every day she was misgendered because she had a full beard. As she transitioned, life became very difficult. She lost her job. She still had to raise and support her kids . Pay the hydro and internet and phone bill. Christmas presents under the tree at christmas time. She was separated, so had little help with this. The hair on her face got so bad, that she was constantly depressed, and that depression took her to some very dark places. Every time someone called her Sir, she would feel it like a knife in her gut, and this happened daily.Some places she doesnt like to talk about.
She made a plan. She had already tried laser and it didnt work. She turned to electrolysis. At first getting cheap treatments at a school. She ended up here, looking for a way she could possibly afford to continue to take care of the problem, without having to let the bills slip, the utilities get cut off or her kids go hungry.
Her solution, was to learn electrolysis, and invest a little bit of money in equipment to get the job done.It’s not the right solution for everyone but it was a good one for her, she learned a new employable skill, and got the benefit of taking care of the problem. Today she is several months into that plan and seeing the benefits, but I know that it was not easy for her.She isnt done yet, but she did the most important thing she could have done, she made a plan, and STUCK WITH IT! Your plan wont be the same as hers or the right way in all likelihood. But if you make the plan, and stick with it, you will see the results and you will solve the issue, forever. Make it happen.Overcome the cost issue and just do it, but dont stop until the hair is all gone.

Oh, and that transgirl, who faced all those challenges, is ME.I almost never get called Sir now.It feels 100% better.

Seana

Edit: Michael, you sure know how to flatter a girl!

Wonderful comments Seana … Let’s hope “our girl” hears what we are trying to say. (Gosh it was nice to read your material.)

Over the years I’ve seen hundreds of examples of “talent” (or intelligence) vs. “pure determination.” Determination wins every time. There are plenty of talented people that did nothing with their “talent.” What wins is deciding to stick to it … determination!

Things don’t “just happen,” you have to make them happen. But, as with everything else, it’s deciding what’s right for you and doing it despite what all the naysayers tell you.

Oh, Seana, I’m not being “syrupy or flattering.” I’m actually pointing out a reality. You see, you EARNED the tribute! What an inspirational story you have to tell!

I agree with Michael, if I had any chance of reincarnation, I want to be Seana in my next life.

And to you, Ali, if you lived near me, your problems would be solved in less than a year, I would work absolutely free. Of course, that would be after leaving Seana without a single hair. :slight_smile:

Ok now you all are being silly. Trust me Josefa you would not want to live my life. I just did what I had to do to get it done. It’s what Ali needs to do too.

Seana

I got it done today and she did ALOT in the hour ( half my chin & underneath). She said I don’t have that much hair as she thought under my chin so that’s really good news. Laying on that table I’m like wow this lady is fast! Especially that my chin hairs grow in different directions. I go back on the 6th for 40 minutes to Clean what she left. Although the pigmentation is still dark, the removal of the hair made it look a lot better. She also told me to start exfoliating and I purchased osmosis purify cleanser & pca HD free pigment gel.

Step one!