Change in body odor?

Did you read it? No, of course, not as you are not interested in science (or resolutions), but arguments.

I do not want to talk to you, LAgirl. I’m done with you. I’m actually not here to argue up a storm. What’s wrong with you?

EDIT:

I’m starting to think, you’re illiterate. Either way, I’m done.

I have posts in the thread you posted. Your comments are laughable. Most of the posts in that thread are from the same people you’re arguing with now.

This is a public forum. Anyone can reply to any thread. If you don’t find the forum helpful, no one is forcing you to use it. If we weren’t trying to be helpful, we wouldn’t all be here for years.

“Your comments are laughable” - you.

Likewise. I’m sorry, but I’m not seeking your assistance as I hate your demeanor and the way you’ve said whatever is convenient at the time.

Re-read your comments and mine - that’s all I can say at this point. It’s about pestering people that do NOT want to talk to you.

BellaDoo,

We/I understand the methods/techniques of Laser and electrolysis to stop the follicles producing hair are different, however, the fact remains that the damage inducing property is still heat.

In Laser, the hair absorbs the energy (the thicker and darker it is = more melanin, the more it will absorb). This in turn produces heat which is what damages the follicle. This is localised, which is why the less coarse or dark the hair is, the less likely the follicle is damaged because enough energy is not absorbed.

Electrolysis using thermolysis works the same way, but a current delivered through a needle inserted in the follicle produces the heat. The other methods of electrolysis are galvanic and blend. I don’t know anyone who uses galvanic. Blend is a combination of the galvanic and thermolysis currents, so heat is still a significant component. In addition, most underarm work I have heard of, is carried out with thermolysis. I’ve had blend over much of my face and other body areas but solely thermolysis on my underarms because it works well.

So, I think what you are trying to say is that electrolysis removes the hairs thus helping bromhidrosis suffers but that Laser hair removal using the Nd:YAG does something else in addition which possibly does not help the situation or makes it worse?

As for Nd:YAG to treat bromhidrosis, this is what is in the paper mentioned in this thread:

“In contrast, Goldman et al. used the 1064-nm Nd:YAG laser for the treatment of axillary hyperhidrosis. In this study, selective damage was created with an optical fibre inserted at the location of sweat glands. Although the purpose of that study was different from ours, it is important to realize that the same laser systems can produce different effects depending on the application procedure.”
11 Goldman A, Wollina U. Subdermal Nd-YAG laser for axillary hyperhidrosis. Dermatol Surg 2008; 34:756–62.

I think this is what you were after - it’s not the same method as LHR.

You are too kind, stoppit. Have you seen this thread?

Thanks dee, that’s an interesting post!

It is interesting because the paper linked in this thread relates LHR using the Nd:YAG to stimulating the eccrine glands in the armpit. It makes no mention of apocrine glands.

miraDry for armpit sweating just got FDA approval. Google it.

Laser Sweat Ablation is also becoming a popular option to treat armpit sweating.

Hi Tembo, thanks for sharing miradry, so I googled and learned it is a more permanent solution but it also states there that is is not yet available in US and Canada? That’s interesting.

I realize you were asking Tembo, but I thought I’d chime in…

As mentioned, miraDry was just approved for use in the US by the FDA in February. Expect treatment availability to become more widespread within the coming months and year. Not sure about the status in Canada. I have many colleagues who plan to roll this out in their practices very soon.