Can i target only they grey hair in my beard i have 1004 white hairs in my beard

So i want to remove them is this possible and how long would this take? .are there any downsides to this idea.if i get a full clearance of the 1004 white hairs in 1 session .what are the percentage that will grow back due to not being killed by the treatment?

Im male i plucked all the white hair from my beard to count them it took me around 1 hour to remove them.my beard did not look any thinner not that i could see anyway.my beard has been around 15 percent white for the last 15 years and has not progressed. I plucked and counted then 6 years ago and the count was around 1000

Full clearance is possible (1-3 hours treatment time), 90-95% kill rate.
Note that you have more than 1000 white hairs in reality.

1 Like

I can tell you that I remove hairs all the time that appear normal dark coloured hairs, and when you remove the hair, find it has a grey root.So it’s going to turn grey, and probably within this growth cycle. Dimi is correct that you will have WAY more than what you see at any given point in time,.
There are usually two lines of thinking that accompany this type of request:
A) the client wants to do laser and is hoping by eliminating the grey they will get full clearance.with the laser procedure.
or B) they are trying to stave off the grey hairs to appear younger.

Regardless of the thinking, it doesnt really work, for a number of reasons. First, not all the grey hairs that will grow will be showing a hair at any given point in time, second the hair s that are in the process of greying as I described above, .

Seana

Im not sure i understand?are you saying removing the white hair is not possible.i did mention that the few grey hairs i have have not got worse or increased over the years thankfully .i plucked every single grey hair from My face and my beard looked perfect.i hate white hair in my beard its ugly and ruins the look.i wont dye it either .i just thought electrolysis would work for the idea i was thinking

I just found this thread so it seems its common and easy to remove a boys white hair in the beard

Bump for more help pleease as i dont want to go into this and get all the visable white hair removed amd that same white hair just regrow back in 5 weeks from tthe ge electrolysis not killing the hair properly

I need to know from the experts here is this a really bad idea remooving the 1000 grey hairs?will i get the results i desire?would it be a complete waste of money?i consolted sharaon from parkside in london on the phone and she said she could clear all the white from me beard in a couple of hours.so im confused now lol

If you have found a good electrologist, then treated hairs will not grow back. The grey hairs you have just plucked are not the only grey hairs you have. There will be others that are not currently in the growth phase, and others that will soon or eventually be turning grey (which is what Seana was referring to).

Of course, the 1000 that you have counted can be removed permanently. There will be more growing in that you cannot currently see. If your goal is to never have grey facial hair, you will have to treat the initial hairs, the hairs not currently in a growth phase, and any new hairs that grow in after treatment is complete.

Since you will almost certainly see more grey hairs as you age, you can expect to see an electrologist a few times a year to treat new grey hairs. It might sound like a chore to continue treatments past the initial schedule, but you’ll probably spend more time at a hairdresser or a dentist every year. I hope this answers your question.

1 Like

Yup cheers .im going to go for it as its not that many grey hairs at all 1004 is nothing really and they have not incrreased or spread.plus im only really young so dont like white hairs at this age.when im middle aged or something ill accept it ,as its pretty normal to have grey hair at 30 but for now i want to look normal and have a black beard with no white in it

Ps i like what scurvy said in my thread .that gives me hope that what im asking can be done .so ill be frre from grey amd justv maintain with touch ups if needed yearly.but if my beard gets more than 20 percent grey as i age i will leave the grey alone as i dont want to make my beard look thin and patchy and weird

Ok guys so im not gping to do this treatment as i think it will be impossible to do .my electrolysis lady thinks im beeter off not embarking on this never ending expensive mission.so im going to just have to grow it long and dye it unfortunately.i hate long beards and only like 3 or 4 day stubble that i can not dye black as it will just dye my skin and i wpuld need to dye it daily as it grows fast.gutted really.but she said i probably wont be happy with the outcome if i have a couple clearances of white hair.and i dont want my beard patchy with bald spots chasing never ending

Your technician should be totally able to just target white or grey hairs. It will be a little more difficult, but should be able to perform the task.

And you probably have many more than 1000 hairs. Hair grows in cycles, which can take many months to grow and fall out (or get plucked.) When you pluck - it can take upto 3 years but some hairs will grow back.

I would recommend trying one or two hours per month, and be patient because it will take a minimum of one year to remove all the hairs because of hair growth cycles.

I’m not too sure if this idea would work for everyone but this accidental discovery helped me to turn grey and white facial hairs dark again… but for quite a different purpose.

Full disclosure: I’m transgender, and getting well up in years and thus faced with two problems regarding my facial hair.
#1 is I had and still have way too much of it, and I want it ALL Gone!
#2 is that it was already very much turned salt and pepper by the time I began my transition so that roughly half the facial hairs were not susceptible to laser treatment for removal or reduction that way.

I bought a 24 month subscription to a local laser removal clinic and began the long journey to getting this stuff nuked off my face and neck. The clinic used a Soprano Ice laser system and the lady who operated it is well trained and was a nurse for many of her younger adult years before starting a family and then a new career in a wide variety of laser dermqtological-related treatments of more kinds than I even knew existed. The laser did a remarkable job on thinning out my still-dark facial hairs and something kind of miraculous happened about halfway thru the 24 months when my hormone doctor added progesterone to my hormone replacement therapy. Progesterone began to turn my formerly grey and white facial hairs dark again, and they grew more robustly as well. Hairs that were grey turned darker and more youthful in appearance sooner than the white ones, which slowly turned grey and stayed there for a couple months before darkening to dark brown again. The progesterone acted as some sort of hair growth stimulant, bringing better blood circulation, and I presume oxygen and nutrients to those grey and white follicles and gave them a “second wind” at life since even the roots turned dark and robust again. Trying to pluck one of those hairs out with tweezers was pure hell, I swear I could’ve lifted a large weight with just one of those progesterone-rejuvenated facial hairs… it was anchored so firmly by its root, easily twice as strong as before the influence of the progesterone.

And for my purposes, That made these formerly white and grey facial hairs susceptible to the laser and nuking them off my face. Not all of them were rejuvenated to youthful dark color by the progesterone however, but enough were that it made a very worthwhile difference. At the end of 24 months of laser treatments, I no longer had a shadow, and as long as I had a fresh shave, all it took was a little foundation and blush makeup and I had a remarkably feminine-passing face… for half a day anyway, until the white and gray stubble grew enough to poke thru my makeup, lol!

Electrolysis is now being employed to remove the grey and white facial hairs, which is a long, slow and painful journey. I’ve actually begun training to become a professional electrologist myself, still a rank beginner with a fancy new machine but that’s another story for another thread. I have plenty of “source material” to train on with myself as the guinea pig/hapless victim with a low pain threshold so I’ll get excellent feedback from learning the process and being effective with zapping follicles while minimizing pain, and since I think I’m descended from werewolves and Sasquatch as my ancestors, I will have lots of practice to become proficient before performing electrolysis on any paying clients.

As to the progesterone, it also acts as a mild androgen with some theorized ability to weakly bind to androgen receptors in tissue cells and activate them to some degree. In my case, I’m not completely genetically male, I’m a bit of a genetic unicorn, discovered in my mid 50s to be an XX/XY tetragametic chimera, the result of beginning life at conception as fraternal twin brother and sister zygotes which shortly before or as we attached to my mother’s uterine wall to establish the pregnancy and merged into one embryo with two individual persons’ DNA in the sets of stem cells which would ultimately become the fetus that became me. My doctor determined that the cells that make up my central nervous system, eyes, inner ears, olfactory nerves, digestive tract, and all my outer skin is a mosaic of 70% female XX dna cells and 30% male XY dna cells. No idea yet what the rest of my body’s genetic distribution is but that sure explains my weird childhood, unusual teenage puberty and all the gender identity issues. That 30% XY dna was very powerful however. Born with about 2/3 male reproductive system the low testosterone levels eventually overrode elevated estrogen levels and masculinized my body a lot more than I ever wanted, and undoubtedly the mixed DNA has an effect on my hair growth cycles and reactions to hormones. I’m not a medical professional in any way, just a layperson who’s been educated to very high, even I daresay expert levels on some hormone related topics, out of personal necessity. Progesterone can be administered in many forms, but for the purpose of seeing if it will provide any benefit for darkening / restoring some “youthfulness” to hair follicles, there are many topical creams and oils available over the counter which contain progesterone. Progestelle oil is one popular brand. For a man who wants a robust beard with minimal gray or white hairs in it, this might be something you could give a try. It won’t work for everyone though, it’s a 50/50 chance, but it’s fairly inexpensive, and topical applied progesterone will not cause you to grow breasts or get gynecomastia unless you have very low T and very high estradiol bloodstream levels, even then it’s the estradiol that grows breast tissue, progesterone only helps it mature after its developed.

Topical progesterone on the face can be a bit of a double edged sword though… in that it can make facial hair grow more robustly while at the same time make the skin underneath much softer, so when it comes time you wish to shave it all off, the hairs will be stronger and tougher for a razor to cut, while the skin is softer to the point of being more easily cut by an errant razor blade, and when you’re in my particular situation , that combination isn’t exactly optimal… to make an understatement, lol!