Can Electrolysis target grey mens facial hair ?

Hi there. I’m looking to get some sort of hair removal om my greying beard. I’m just wondering if Electrolysis would be able to target only the grey hairs ? I’m only about 20 percent grey at this point and would be satisfied at complete grey hair removal for the time being.

Yes, I have done this several times and clients are always happy with the outcome. It has a very youthful effect. I did a complete beard removal for a client in his 40"s and started by targeting only the grey hairs. After a few weeks of treatments (he had approx 40% grey) he looked much younger and was very pleased with himself.

Just a side note. Smoking leads to premature grey. Those people who do smoke, should at least take mega doses of Vitamin C (and quit smoking, of course).

So it it actually possible to get an Electrolysis treatment session that targets only the grey or white hairs if you wanted to have your beard thinned out?

James… I don’t smoke still have a lot of white and grey beard hair’s though unfortunately. Would love to have just the whites thinned out for now…and my neck area.

That can certainly be accomplished, hands down. Electrolysis is all about precision because we treat hairs one follicle at a time. In fact, I did the gray hair only extraction for one Mr. James Walker’s " Billy goat" area and upper lip.

Tyrosine deficiency causes grey hair.

Lack of vitamin B5, Zinc, Selinium, & free radical hydrogen peroxide & grey hair.

Yes , and maybe. Some hairs will still go grey afterwards. And finer grey hairs can be difficult to see among more developed dark hairs.
When I first started electrolysis I had them target only Grey hairs. They didnt come close to accomplishing it however.

Seana

Just came accross this.im wanting to target just the grey hairs aswell.when you say they didnt come close to accomplish the task could you explain why they could not get the results you wanted?

:slight_smile:

Yes, for the reason I just talked about previously . Also worth noting, the electolysis sessions talked about here took place about 10 years ago. I was also approaching 40 at the time and had considerably more grey in my beard than you do, that is, it was more advanced. Scurvy was correct with their comment that as you age the greys become more prevelent. It gets more difficult to determine which will/are already in the process of turning grey. I had also done 12 or so laser sessions which should have gotten most/all of the dark hairs but didnt. Want to guess why? When those hairs were removed with electrolysis, the roots were grey, so they were impervious to the laser light energy. It couldnt be seen with the naked eye looking at what was growing above the skin, but you extract the hair, and it’s very obvious. In my opinion, what you are trying to embark on is going to turn into a massive game of “whack a mole” that will last the entirety of your adult life, but that said, there are many here that seem to think it can be accomplished, so who am I to say dont do it? At the very least, you will destroy the VISIBLE greys, which is your end goal anyway.
Some people grey younger than others. My mother was completely white at 24 ( cant blame it on me, I wasnt even born yet!)

Seana

Thanks for the reply.im 24 btw.i get what your saying about the wak a mole thing.my grey that is visable is very stable .so the wak a mole thing maybe chasing grey hairs that have not been killed propperly and continue to grow back.im really wanting to get the visable greys hairs gone.in your opinion will i be satified with my results if i embark on a couple of full white hair clearances?when im older i will not worry about grey hair so i wont be chasing the white hair forever,i just want a few years with no grey beard hair ,my head hair is 100 percent jet black still

it’s still going to take treatments over 18-24 months to get all the hair in all cycles of growth whether or not more white/grey hairs are produced.
Sometimes random white hairs can be produced that dont have anything to do with the greying process, and at 24 with seemingly random white hairs from the outset, that may be the case with you.Either way, any greys killed arent coming back, which gets ou closer to your goal anyway.

Im going to go for 2 or 3 full white hair clearances. Should take a couple hours per clearance
Then come back in a month and hit any regrowth or remaining whites that we missed on the forst session.then im thinking the third session sharron can get the final few if we see any
From what ive read from james posts you can kill the hair regardless of the hair cycle

you can kill any hair that is GROWING. You cannot kill hairs that are not currently present. At any point in time, only a small percentage of the hair follicles capable of growing a hair ( grey or otherwise) are actually showing a hair.

Yes any visable hair can be killed