best professional epilator to buy?

What is the best professional electrolysis machine to buy for home use?

purchase a professional epilator made by a reputable company like Apilus, Berkowits, Clairablend, Fischer, Hinkel, Instantron, or Silhouet-Tone and trade work with between your friends who have read the books and practiced with the machine.

I personally love the Silhouet-Tone Sequentium Variable Modulated Current model (Known as the Sil-Tone VMC in the industry) and I also love the Apilus SX-500, SM-500, and Senior models. Any Fischer Computerized Blend machine would work well. After that, the machines get a little more in need of more information to program and use. But they are still good machines.

Do it yourselfers would do best with the machines on the top of this list.

epilate

v : remove body hair with a razor [syn: shave]

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=epilate

Mr. Walker,

1)Can you give an estimate as to how much a machine costs to buy for personal use?

2)do the home machines work as well as those used by a professional electrolysist?—Disregarding the expertise of the operator. I’m just comparing the effectiveness of the MACHINES. Thanks.

1. Expect to pay somewhere between $250 and $500 for a used machine, unless it is very old. New machines can be purchased from about $500 and up into the many thousands of dollars.

2. Pro machines give better treatments even without the expertise. The expertise comes in for performing treatments without improper insertions, scarring, and such.

Can anyone reccomend a safe, quick, effective machine?

I bought a Silhouetone Sequentium 128 which is the more beginner version of the one James uses. I paid $1100 Canadian on ebay but in US funds that works out to about $680 or less depending on the exchange rate etc.

I am loving this machine because it is fast and very easy to program for a beginner. You basically just need to know the relative size of the hairs to be worked on and start with the lowest setting for that particular hair size and then adjust according to whether the hair epilates easily or not.
It’s very fast to clear an area but it is my understanding that more hair will grow back than the slower methods but I’m okay with that because having the machine at home I can just zap them when they return and eventually they will all be gone.

Gotta say I’m loving this machine.
Let me know if you have any more questions.

Kathy
:grin:

can u tell if it’s effective? something that convinces me that it will be permanent or at least a few years? also, there’s not much information about it on the net, do you have a link?
thanks.

Gee, the only places I could find it on the web wanted $1850 for it! http://www.texaselectrolysissupply.com/epilator7-f3.htm http://www.wellbeingforyou.com/silhouet.htm and it doesn’t seem to offer Blend or Galvanic, only thermolysis.

Kathy, is this a machine that uses a needle? Can you tell us how long the result lasts?

It is an electrolysis machine and therefore uses a needle (probe). All needle electrolysis machines produce permanent results (as in, it lasts forever) when used properly. This even includes the One Touch unit for $30.

i seen a machine in argos for £50 and they said it was clinically proven to remove hair permanently and it is electrolysis technology but it uses pads, its tha babyliss 3 in one epilator can anyone tell me if this would be true please

It is not true. Save your money. Pads do not work.

I agree with James about machines – in my experience with having professional electrolysis done on me that the Silhouet-Tone is the absolute best. I guess I could see spending the money on buying one if you have lots of hair to remove. But as someone who’s been badly burned by the One-Touch, I would still caution a novice that they should be very careful. It really could be cheaper in the long run to pay someone who knows what they’re doing.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>…as someone who’s been badly burned by the One-Touch, I would still caution a novice that they should be very careful. It really could be cheaper in the long run to pay someone who knows what they’re doing. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>When one looks at this carefully, one can’t help but conclude that pro work is the best value.

Stay with me now:
If you find a GOOD electrologist, you won’t have to worry about scarring.
Even a bad electrologist will get more done in an hour than you could do in a day.
If you look at how much money you would earn working a minimum wage job during the time you spend doing DIY Electrolysis, you find that you still come out ahead with taking the minimum wage job money and getting more hair done in a short appointment.

But if you simply have a burning desire to do this yourself, You know what I am going to say :smile:
Get a friend, both of you read the electrolysis books recommended here, and trade work on each other, because at least there will be no issue of complicated reaches, and working backwards or using mirrors to try to see the treatment area (in a reverse image) :fearful:

Sorry it took so long for me to respond guys…yes there’s needles with this machine, it’s a professional modela and I believe I’m getting very good results.

I have approximately 20% of the hairs in my bikini area that I once had…I wish I had taken before pics.

The machine has three levels of thermolysis in one zap…super flash, regular flash and slow thermolysis…and as we all know from reading this site if the technician is good then the results will be permanent.

Incidentally I will be looking to sell my machine because I have upgraded to the Sequentium VMC which I am awaiting with bated breath right now. I am also taking the electrolysis course and wanted a fancier machine to work on clients with.

I will post about that later when I’m ready to sell, just in case somebody wants to buy.

I am considering up grading my professional epilator. What is it about the Siltone VMC that you like so much?

What do I like about the VMC?

Long list here but here goes:

It’s computerized and stores 300 client files with settings.
It’s very easy to use, just push the buttons with the little diagrams to set the hair size, blend or thermolysis, timer, etc.
Everything shows up on the little tv screen to tell you how many hairs were epilated and what settings were used.
It has a very new age design (not that it matters too much).
I’m just beginning to work with it, unfortunately the machine came without the instructions and the person responsible is on vacation so I have to wait a week to get it.
Then perhaps I can tweak my settings a little bit more…there’s a couple things on there that I don’t understand yet, but I have been able to use it on myself and clients and it seems to be much more efficient at killing the hair with one zap and it’s pregrogrammed settings.
You just pick the hair size and method you want to use with the body area and it already has a setting picked out for you…then the tweaking would happen which I need to figure out.

It’s very fast as well, a fraction of a second for most settings which means you can work really fast…the quick zap is not too hard for clients or me to take. In fact I go to a professional for some areas that I can’t see or reach and her thermolysis machine really hurts, much more painful than this machine, but hers is very old…brand name Proteus…but she’s had it for 18 years it seems.

Let me know if you need more info.
Kathy

Where would i find a epliator for sale at a good price.I want to buy a pro unit also.I have had electrolysis done for a long time, so i really feel like i can do this!I have looked on ebay.

thanks me

Where would i find a epliator for sale at a good price.I want to buy a pro unit also.I have had electrolysis done for a long time, so i really feel like i can do this!I have looked on ebay.

thanks me