Apilus machine for sale

I am looking to purchase a used Apilus (Jr. or Sr.) Thanks for your consideration.

http://www.beautymarket.es/estetica/anunciosparticulares.php?seccion=10

1000 €!
This is an advertisement in a Spanish professional forum, today.

I apologize, I should have put in the title that I was looking for one to purchase.

Can one trust this website? I also am interested in buying Apilus machine in Europe (as I need 220V plugs), but not interested in a cheap copy from alibaba or something. Does anyone have experience with this Spanish Beautymarket? :slight_smile:

http://www.beautymarket.es/estetica/anunciosresponder.php?funcion=responder&seccion=10&anuncioid=98664

Dette er et professionelt forum hvor det legges ut annonser.

Many thanks Josefa. I wrote to this webside 3 mails about this offer but did not get any response. I wrote there that I am interested only in a original machine from Canada(not any copy). This could be a reason why I did not hear anything back. Please give me a hint if you hear anything more about Apilus senior og even better model. Greetings and full respect for your jobb on this young guy! Really good reading!

[color:#006600]The Senior II listed on ebay today will probably result in a pretty good deal. He’d most likely ship to Norway if you asked ahead of time.[/color]

:slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Mantary, I am trying to buy it, will see what will happend when the deal goes out in 5 days.I wrote with some questions, but never got answers from this seller. It looks like this is a original machine, at least I hope! Thanks again for the tip.

The paragraph at the end of the item description bothers me. It is not possible to get rid of thick chin hairs in one treatment… If an electrologist owned this epilator, she/he would never had said such fluff.

Do you have someone that can convert this epilator to 220 volts, Joanna?

Dee

I happen to know that the Apilus is designed to take any standard computer cord, and convert the energy based on that. If you have the correct cord, with the 220 plug, and the computer female end to go into the back of the computer, then you are set. On the other hand, you can get a simple travel adapter.

I have reacted to this statement as well, but figure that people will write anything just to attract the buyer.
I did sent few question directly to seller and never got any answer. Today I did send a new one and will wait response.

I have a transformer that will convert 220V supply to 110V. I have purchased quite a few electronics in the States before and use transformer, or just right plugs, so that should work. I would rather buy one that is made for Europe, but there is not many of them on the market here.
Thanks James for your comment as well. I was hoping that it could be the case with a rigth cable.Lots of equipment today works on both 110 and 220V.
Let me see if I can buy it and will figure it out then. I am on a 790 USD bit now. How much do you guys think is a reasonable to pay for used Senior2?

RPS, did you get a machine yet or is it you who is trying to outbid me on ebay now? All the best in any case. It is good to know that more people care for that machines! I am looking very much forward to get one and start useing one :)!

I think that is a very good price.

[color:#990000]Joanna, If that’s you bidding on this machine at $790, I’d stop bidding for now. You’re bidding against someone with no history, those bidders bid too much and push up the price. It could even be an “inside bid” so the sale goes higher. Wait until the last day, maybe last hour, and bid as much as you possibly will pay. Bidding like this 4 days from the end is counterproductive. I would bid $1,200 to $1,300 max, but that’s me. To me, and for my uses, I know this machine isn’t going to offer me anymore than what i need from what i get from my Senior I. It does do more, but nothing I can use. But if I didn’t have a good machine, and I could comfortably pay $1,600, then I would do it.[/color]

[color:#000099]Note that there is an Apilus Junior right now just listed with an opening bid of $1,300, and a Buy It Now of $1,700. And that’s an much inferior machine (but still nice :slight_smile: ). But, that doesn’t mean that Apilus Junior will find a buyer… You may feel comfortable paying about $1,600 to $1,700 for this machine. The machine is worth about $1,500 to $1,800, but bidding overseas for that much gets riskier.[/color]

[color:#993399]The thing is, these Apilus Senior II machines almost never come up for sale. You may not get another chance on ebay for another six months or year to buy a senior II from ebay again. And , even if one does appear again, you may not win. That’s the thing with electrolysis machines, it’s what you can afford, AND what is even available to buy. Not saying, somebody here on this board or somewhere else may sell one, but outside of ebay, you’ll pay $1,700 to $2,000. Ebay usually is the cheapest. That is, if you’re not going up against a crazy bidder with 0 buys. Sorry if that’s someone here on this board by the way.[/color]

[color:#009900]$790 is still low, $1,000 is still a good deal for a Senior II. Think about how much you want this machine. If you truly need this machine, then think about the max you’ll pay. Wait, don’t tease the other bidder, then slam down your max bid an hour before close. That will get you the cheapest price.[/color]

[color:#3366FF]BTW, that seller surely should have returned your email, that’s poor communication, I’d email daly because this will be shipped outside the U.S. You need to know if he’ll do that. I’d be hesitant to bid any higher than $790 if I didn’t know for sure he will ship to Norway. I wouldn’t address the bit about the beard hairs, just if he’ll ship overseas. This is just all my perspective from my experiences with ebay and sellers.[/color]

[color:#CC0000]Good Luck, Take Care[/color]
:slight_smile:

Very good tips! I appreciate it very much as I do not have any experience with ebay at all. Thanks a lot.

:frowning:
[color:#3333FF]Awww… I take it that you didn’t win that machine? I couldn’t believe how high the bidding went. Actually, don’t feel bad because you can buy a new machine from Dectro for just a little more, if that.

Another will come around somehow, but in the meantime contact Dectro at http://www.dectro.com and ask what you can get a Senior II or SX-500 for, possibly refurbished. It might be worth it to just buy it new and pristine. $2,550, that’s alot for ebay. I’ve seen several SX-500’s go for half that.[/color]

[color:#FF6600]In the long run you’ll do better.[/color] :slight_smile:

I couldn’t believe myself how much the senior went for. Our max I decided for 2500 Dollars, but the other people must be very determined since it went higher.
I am in contact with dectro long time ago. They ask 3600Euro for new senior from us. I invited them for expo in Oslo, where we will show our company. If they want they can present Apilus concept there. Maybe they would sell us the machine cheaper then?! They need to look for a representative in Norway, and expo is a perfect place to make contacts.
I will keep looking. Please send me tip if you will come by some good machine. Thank you for support.

I am also looking for an Apilus (fingers crossed). I converted your 3600 Euros to Dollars and it came out to $4813.92. I created an account yesterday so that I could see the prices and saw that for a new Senior II they are asking for $3235. Am I missing something? Seems like a HUGE markup for sending it to Oslo. Best of luck getting your unit.

Hei emailbeahere
I always knew that Dectro was asking far more from us in Norway than they ask from people in the US or Canada. It is partly because they need to prepare the machines a little (convert for our power supply). There is also guarantee questions, training, shipping etc (I do not even know all reasons, just assume it). This kind of computerized equipment (no matter who produce it) is much higher in cost here in Europe than in US generally.
At the time of enquires we were under training for electrolysis certification and Dectro would not sell the machine to us at all before we could show a proof of a proper training. Understanding that and respect that, but we needed a machine to train on while taking a certification.
I soon figure out that we could try a used market. As you could read I did not win bidding on e-bay in October. But thanks hairtell and a fantastic network of professionals, I did purchase a machine! Jippi! It took some time, but at least I have gotten a machine I wanted (and more!) for a good price and at least we know where it come from! I save money comparing to my max bit in October. Today I think it was a scam, some kind of inside bidder! One week later (after bidding was over) I received an offer to buy the machine as a second highest to bit with a note that a winner was not paying. I did not consider it anymore!
On e-bay there is always a chance to take as you do not have a guarantee, and machine is used. The person that helped me getting my Apilus SM500 (model just under sx500) arraigned for the machine to be rewired for Europe, check and certify by Dectro. I am extremely happy and thankful for that as today I am not worrying about using a used machine.
For me it was a happy ending and I hope you will come across a good machine too. You guys in US have several service places, what makes it easier to consider used machine! This should be reassuring especially for someone new in electrolysis who wants to be safe.
All the best!

WoW!
I guess you have been through a lot there.

I want to set the record straight, and apologize for a factual error on my part. While the Platinum IS set up to change just by switching the cord from a 110 computer cord to a 220 computer cord without a fuss, the machines that came before it need to have their power supply replaced, or a converter must be used.

I am glad that things worked out for you JoannaNor. I am glad that the Hairtell network was able to make a positive difference for you. So many people doing good deeds in the dark, and all that we can give them is a general Thank You for their anonymous good works.

So here is to all of you who helped JoannaNor!
THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND!