ANY SOPRANO XL SUCCESS STORY'S ???

LAGirl I assume you’re not referring to me with that question?

Johnson: Yes it does take many treatments but what I mean is when I’m treated with the alexandrite, you see progressive results each time. There’s always less and less hair, but after the last treatment with Soprano it was no different than the treatment before it is what I mean. That’s on my underarms, my legs only about 10-30% of the hair fell out that’s it but it’s an expensive endeavor to keep going back to try again to see how it works, not worth it for me.

There is no pain with it that part is true you feel nothing at all. Go put some hair gel on your body then slide a candle or tv remote or something else hard back and forth over the area, that’s what it feels like.

What area are you looking to treat? I think it really has to be a small area where they can go over it many many times. Areas like legs just require too many passes to fully treat it.

I’m asking the tjlondon.

edokid you have the most experience here with this laser it seems. I wanna get treatments for my hands and fingers, i don’t know if that’s too big of an area. like i said it’s half the price compared to other places but i dont wanna get ripped off like you were. sorry to hear that from you. btw do you have light skin and dark hair like me?

I definitely wouldn’t say I have the most experience with Soprano, I’ve only gone for 1 treatment with it on my legs and on my underarms but have used GentleLASE, Lumenis One IPL and Apogee Elite so have a bunch to compare it to. I do have light skin and dark hair. I’m probably a skin type 3, closer to 4 in the summer. Dark enough that I can’t really use an alexandrite in the summer only in the winter as I tan easily in the summer.

Hands/fingers isn’t too big of an area but the thing you have to realize with that area is they probably wouldn’t use the SHR mode which is the “painless” mode. It’s painless because they pass the handpiece over the area back and forth multiple times gradually heating it up. For fingers/hands the area is too small to pass it around so they put it in single pulse mode which basically turns it into a LightSheer. So they apply it, pull the trigger and fire one shot, lift or slide it over a bit then fire it again. This mode is not pain free you will feel it the same as LightSheer or any other laser. It’s the same for toes or the face, they can’t pass it back and forth easily enough on such a tight area so they use single pulses. So if it’s “pain free” you’re looking for, you won’t get it on the hands. Not to say that it hurts, I don’t really find any laser that unbearable but I have a high pain tolerance. Try doing laser on your beard and you’ll be able to take it anywhere on your body!!!

Just one thing to add, I had literally no shedding on the areas that they used the single pulses as well like on my feet. None of the hair fell out at all. So either a) the settings were too low, which is a good possibility as it definitely didn’t hurt as much as an alexandrite or yag laser, or b) it just plain doesn’t work that well.

that’s weird that the ‘painless mode’ caused more shedding. btw Didn’t you get laser treatment on your hands before? Maybe it was another poster I don’t remember who said it here.

Anyway, I’ll try out the clinic with the soprano just because it has a free consultation and test patch. I have nothing to lose at the moment anyway. but again, 70 bucks for the soprano compared to 120-140 for a diode is tempting.

Are those your only options?

I’ve had my hands done a bunch of times but with alexandrite on the apogee elite, never with Soprano XL.

Yeah in my area most clinics have the diode lightsheer laser. The other one closer by is the soprano.

Ok and how were the results? Was it more of a case of hair reduction or did the hair just become very light?
i had a test patch done with a diode on a part of my hand and now 5 and a half weeks a few hair are still shedding and i think 70% of the hair shed. looks pretty good.

Please note that the soprano is a diode laser. It will take 6-8 treatments every 6-8 weeks (36-64 weeks) to get 80-100% reduction in all hair growth which can last 6 months to a life time. It is very operator dependent as in the settings must be correct for optimal results.

100% is not possible. Have you ever gotten that result for anyone in your practice?

Treating every 6-8 weeks is too early for most areas besides the face due to hair cycles. We recommend 8-12 weeks, which is why most peopl feel they need to go in based on when they actually see enough hair come in.

I have never heard or observed 100% reduction by laser either. That’s why it is called reduction not removal. That’s why I am a busy electrologist. When people finish with laser, they are back on my table to finish off the remaining hairs. I don’t care what area it is, laser can “see” every hair. All area’s are doted with very fine to very thick hairs a varying shades of color.

Dr. Rick, do you want to clarify that 100% statement.

This might sound like a dumb question, but I really don’t know the answer…Why can’t laser get 100% of the hair?

Because at some point, the remaining few hairs will be too fine, i.e. they won’t have enough pigment to absord enough heat to disable the follicle permanently.

When u treat patients after laser hair removal, is it quicker and easier to do electrolysis on them?

gamer_chic it should be for sure! Just think of it, if the laser has removed 80% of the hair, there’s only 20% left to treat with electrolysis vs 100%.

I’m on page 2 right now I forget who it was that asked if I had good results on my hands. I have, but I’ve only had 4 sessions I think it is so I’m not done yet. Even the results I’ve had so far though are way better than I had before, all the very dark coarse hair goes first so I’m happy so far.

Yes, it’s usually easier because there is less hair overall and hairs are finer.

Phew good cause I’m finally starting to get really good results with laser. My hair is sooo much finer and its growing in so much less that hopefully I’ll be able to get a lot more done in one session with electrolysis then I would have been able to without laser treatment.

Just wondering about the hair becoming thin after laser, how permanent is this? I somehow get the feeling that after years, those tinned out hair will become thicker again. of cource i would rather have NO hair but if it all became thin instead i would be happy as well but only if it never became as thick as before again. did people with experience ever notice this?

When u treat patients after laser hair removal, is it quicker and easier to do electrolysis on them? [/quote]

I think so. By quicker, I mean time spent per session on the table and the time is longer between appointments. You are dealing with less hair with thinner structures. Now the time to completion may still be the same 12-18 months. I have experienced this with several clients and I have had to endure the complaints about spending so much money on laser, thinking it was going to take care of most of the hair, only to realize that they needed to supplement with electrolysis to get full removal.

Johnson, I think you have the wrong idea of what the result actually looks like. What I’m talking about here is some remaining sparse fine hairs. I’m not saying that you’ll have the same amount of hair or anywhere near that amount and that they will just become less coarse.