Another French Medical Plucker

As you all may know, only physicians are allowed to practice electrolysis in France, however there is not electrology practice course available, not at medical university, nor in private school…

The consecuencies :
If you ask electrolysis in a physician office, you may face to an “expert plucker”, like this physician doctor in Toulouse :
https://youtu.be/Aoz5S6QN-Mw

Please people, be carefull and whereas in France or another country, ask a demonstration test you can see : you should not see/feel any plucking at all when it is about electrolysis !! If so, hair will grow back.

omg… it really does look like plucking. Poor girl.

tenting of the skin a a sure give away. I was a little alarmed at how awkward the insertions were.

“Expensive expert plucker”…so many mistakes.

You are right… this is a shame.

Adrien you should contact him and send him videos of what electrolysis should look like. And doesn’t Dectro have training in Europe? Perhaps Medical institutions and dermatology associations in France can be contacted and guided to the problem. Maybe academic types will seek to invite electrologists from abroad to do presentations/education?

Dear Fenix,
How French doctors will accept our advices in electrology if they think that only themselves (board certified physicians) can perform the technique ?
I already tried to speak with four French dermatologists… it was impossible : there are doctors, I am not, they better know…

Do they not know AEA or other world associations? Where do they buy their electology equipment? The electrology companies that sell equipment never expose them to be trained?

the AEA is NOT a world association. IT’s specific to the US, thus the AMERICAN Electrolysis Association.Actually I’m not aware of any worldwide electrolysis associations.

I suppose the electrology equipment manufacturers COULD refuse to sell to them,but there would seem to be little incentive to do so.

As Seana said, Not AEA, nor the BIAE (the British Institute and Association of Electrology) are world associations.
I already created a French Association but it is very little and since non medical practionners are allowed, it is complicated to promote it.
I am thinking about creating an European Association of Electrology : it could have a partnership with the BIAE for example and other associations in order to do lobbying with French doctors…

The majority of dermatologists use electrocoagulation device (electro bistouri) the same for minor dermatology surgery.

Isn’t Dectro the world leader in electrology equipment today and aren’t they present in many parts of Europe? I think established companies have more power than individuals to make this change.

Many electrology companies are present in Europe, such as Instantron, Sterex and of course Dectro.
A friend of mine already contacted Dectro about the French issue and they said they can not help. It was 2 years ago. Maybe they will be able to do lobbying nowadays ? Who know.

Established companies may have some power, but it depends on they leader’s will.

Free market competition would make it so that good work would be both available and would rise to the top of the market. restrictions and controls serve to create a monopoly, protect those who don’t deserve it, and in some cases, cause an industry to go extinct.

I think your last post is blending two different issues, especially with the picture, at least for the European situation. (I do not know exactly how it is in USA). I mean the first issue : licensing some professions and other not, and second issue : the access of them by money.

According to me, licensing a profession means officially recognize and ratify knowledge learned in an official school. Also a licensed profession can be used in order to protect the profession and the citizens who need the service of the first one, at the same time.
For example : a licensed nurse like Dee Fahey or June Adams is a proof of professionalism and security. If everybody could be called “nurse” without going to nurse course, it could be a problem…

First issue, should electrologist be a licensed profession ? Some certified electrologists are plucker and some non certified electrologists work very well… the issue here would be the access to a good electrology education/course with the same quality for all.
(Let me recall that some official course tell to their students that we can not treat telogen hair…)

Other issue : the financial access. In Spain for example the inscription fees to be a certified esthetician are like 2$ in a public school. So here we can not tell that licensing means “the government sells your rights back to you” as the picture you posted says.

The conclusion: I do not think licensing is a problem, so is the access to good education. In France (it was the first issue of the thread) there is no access to electrology course because of the lack of knowledge about it : an electrologist needs to learn his profession and practice a lot, but you do not need to study 10 years of medecine.

Last I heard, the french government decided that the cost of an electrolysis “license” was acquisition of an MD credential. Am I incorrect?

The real issue is : there is not electrologist license in France since the profession does not exist, there is not electrology course. “Electric hair removal” is considered as a medical procedure using electro-bistouri. The issue is about the lack of knowledge about electrolysis hair removal by French authority : if they truly know what is electrology, first specific electrolysis hair removal course will be available in order to create real profesional electrologists (a physician could be electrologist if them want but the course will be available for non-physicians).

What you are missing is that there was once a vibrant electrolysis industry in France. I visited back when they started the process of what some would call “Denial of service attacks”. Those who knew how to do the work were first bullied to “partner with doctors” and later to chose between being forced to go underground, or simply go out of business.
"Government is not reason, it is not eloquence,—it is force! Like fire, it is a dangerous servant, and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.’ - George Washington

FETCHES POPCORN

You need a George Washington in France, Adrien, to fight a Revolutionary War so the hairy in France can be served well. Most of the world’s amazing advances and discoveries, that greatly enhance people’s lives are not being created by government, but by individual’s who are free to imagine, invent and then be rewarded. France is better than this and can become what it once was in regard to non-physicians performing electrolysis.

The Washington quote is a good one, except he didn’t say it. Quotes attributed to famous people have been "invented’ for years … and, with the internet accelerated to stunning heights. France already has their advocate: Adrian.

http://quoteinvestigator.com/2015/05/26/fire-servant/