An easy and effective home electrolysis machine

Hi
I’m looking for a good and reliable electrolysis machine for home use (and maybe easy to use).
My objective, is to get rid of my hairs, that include facial hairs since I’m a TG.

I don’t want to do laser, since my hair arent dark enough for that, and I have read that electrolysis does the job even on light hair.

The machine I’m seeking must do the Galvanic and the Blend method, since I have read that those is the technicues that home users can master.

My budget is around 800$ but is there a machine that cost a little more and are more effective, then It’s no prob.

I know that It’s a lot easiere to go to a pro, but my budget insn’t in that range, since I’m planning to do my entire body.
breast, legs, bikini line etc.
Time is not an issue (allmost not :o))

It is allso important that needles and other spareparts are easy to get, and won’t cost a fortune.

I’m looking forward heering from all of your experiences and recommendation for what machine to use.
and if I need to buy other things aswell, maybe some creme to lower the pain.

I hope despite I’m TG, that peoble will take my post serious.

regards
Jessie (DK)

If you don’t mind paying shipping from Canada to Denmark, I know someone with a great machine for you. I will PM you the email address, and you two can make arrangements. If you complete the deal, you will have a better machine than many people who get paid to do this, and it will limit your learning curve.

Also, check out the “legitimate electrolysis machines on ebay” thread. It is usually updated with some good deals, and I saw some incredibly cheap machines mentioned there recently.

Hi
And thanks for your replies.

However, what brands are most effective and accomplish my wishes for an effective electrolysis machine.

I’m totally unexperienced, and don’t have a clue on witch machines are good, and whitch are not.

Hope to hear about some…

Jessie

SORISA is a Spanish manufacturer that makes good machines. You can find their computational machines for less than 1000 euros.

DE-6000, DE-5000 DE-3000 include Blend. DE-4000 Thermolísis only. Its operation is very simple.

There is already a list of brands that are good for beginners and very effective in the thread I mentioned to you. Not only is there a list of the brands you need, but there are also links to them to purchase.

It doesn’t have to be new or fancy (especially if you’re just doing galvanic). It just needs to be a good quality since you’ll be doing so much work. You need something reliable (I have really been impressed with my Instantron Elite so far, and it cost me a little over $500 total for the machine, the parts, the needles, the manual, and the shipping). I’m sure you can find something good for $800 or less!

Hi Jessie,

for home use You might even buy the sterex sx-b or sx-t - two simple but reliable machines. Or try to get an old apilus (junior?). My impression is that the devices are indeed lower in the states but we have to assure they operate at 230V/50Hz- this might be a problem with used equipment made for the US market.

BTW: DYI ist problematic, especially in the face. Have You considered sharing the device with a friend and working on each other?

BTW: be assured that being trans is no reason at all for not taking you serious in this forum. Many users here are electrology professionals knowing a lot of trans people due to their business or are trans people themselves (or both).

Liebe Grüße

Beate

Thanks for this thread!

I’m looking for the exact same thing, a good reliable machine! There is so much information and I’ve been doing my best to learn about the different kinds of machines and I’m still quite confused. I think it would help for you to get a book about electrolysis (I’m trying to find that Michael Bono book at the moment) first so that you can work out what you need from a machine and also it will help with all the technical terms. I know I get stressed when I see all the specs about machines because essentially I have no idea what they mean. Anyhow, I’m considering buying either:

Apilus Cleo Flash (not sure whether this offers galvanic separately at all? Or blend?)
Sterex SXB (offers galvanic, thermolysis & blend)
Silhouette Epil 200 (offers galvanic, thermolysis & blend)
Carlton Ultrablend (not sure if this offers galvanic & thermolysis separately)

It’s really hard to make a decision and I’ll be interested to hear more views…

Anything that calls itself a blend machine can do galvanic thermolysis and blend. The question would be can it do microflash thermolysis, and does it have an auto-sensor, and does it work with one footpedal or two.

^ See that’s what I couldn’t quite understand…not all sites selling machines make it clear which modalities are offered and if you don’t know about this stuff it’s hard to figure out by yourself. Which of those four machines listed above would you recommend James?

I would go with the Silhouette Epil 200, or I would get the Apilus Senior One that has been advertised here on HairTell by one of our readers. That would be better than all of these.

Thanks for replying :slight_smile: I wonder about buying secondhand because what if something goes wrong with the machine soon after you’ve bought it? I feel like I would be the person who would have that happen to them. How likely is it that a machine would pack up just like that? I know, I’m essentially asking ‘how long is a piece of string?’…am I being overly cautious?

In the UK the Silhouette Epil 200 is approx £850 (US$1250) and the Apilus Senior II is approx. £3800 (US$5600), new. Do you think the price difference is worth it for a DIYer?

Used equipment can allow one to realize a savings of 40% to 70%. Additionally, most used equipment has not been broken. (most of the resale equipment has not been used much at all when it is sold, since many people buy new stuff, and pack it away in the closet after much less than 100 hours use.)

If one needed service, the typical shop visit for these machines is $75 to $150. I have never actually heard of any used machine needing so much work as to make the sale price ruin the deal.

So in conclusion, NO, I don’t think the Home user should be paying to buy brand new equipment. If one gets frustrated, and quits trying to learn, one won’t have spent enough money to buy a car, on something one can fit in a box in their closet.

Come on, think of how many people have purchased $200 to $500 scam devices that they never realized were scammy, because they gave up trying quickly, and simply blamed themselves.

(Of course, We pro’s love it when someone gets the Sugar Daddy to whip out the American Express and buy an Apilus Platinum, and then later sells it to us at half price to get something back out of it. :grin: )

Thanks for the much needed reassurance, I will try to find a secondhand machine in that case!

And sorry for hijacking your thread Jessie TV!

James’s assertion is true. My machines have never needed to go to the repair shop. I have 13 machines in total. 10 are Sorisa and 3 Apilus. All have worked long hours for many years. The only problem I have is the short life of the needle holder.

I’ve always had the precaution of having a spare, if the manufacturer took too long to serve a new one. Unfortunately, last month 2 of the needle holder of Apilus have decided to break at the same time. It seems that the distributor in Spain had not anticipated this event and needed to request urgent dispatch to Canada. The joke has cost me 15 days without being able to work with one of the Apilus.

So my advice is to have located a supplier of needle holder, if the original breaks.

Jossy:

Dee is laughing right now. All my Probe holders broke in a short space of time due to a rash of long body work appointments, and I needed Dee to send me her spare, because mail between us is 48 hours or less, while shipping from the suppliers can take a week or more.

If you want your Apilus probe holders to last a little longer, ad some heat shrink tubing to them. :wink:

Hahahaha It is reassuring to know that fact. I was beginning to think that my hands were careless or that the cable has its own life and go dancing at night.

We do not treat badly probe holder, is that we treat a lot!!. This reinforcement blue in the end it also made me suspicious…
You think that someday we will get a shielded cable or better, a probe holder without cable? This, yes, would facilitate our lives.

Given that I work five days a week, 2 less than you, do not you ruin?

James, were you referring to the machine advertised by ‘Zala’?

Hi Jessie,

Welcome. You’ll find trans people are very welcome here. I’m having a lot of electro done too including beard area.

I’m looking to start DIY too to thin out some body areas I can see and reach easily.

I don’t know how one could do the face completely or properly by one’s self though. Apart from very tricky angles of vision there is risk of scarring on the face if not done well. That’s why I’m having pros do that. Most of beard area doesn’t hurt much but lip areas sure does. I find the thicker the hair & wider the follicle the less it hurts.

To anyone, I just received a copy of the Michael Bono book today, that James recommends, “Real World Electrology - the Blend Method”. Search online. They all seem to be second hand though mine is in great condition. On skimming through it looks to be a very good book - well laid out, easy to follow, good to read. Mine cost about $80 US including postage, I’ve seen it often listed for more than that. I can see already that it contains a lot of great information that, not knowing it, could make DIY or working on others very difficult and rather risky.

aussierobert: I got it brand new for under $40 dollars. My advice is to buy it from an electrolysis supply company instead of a book seller like Amazon/ebay.

The Texas Electrolysis Supply website has it for $42 right now, but you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere too.