An easy and effective home electrolysis machine

James, were you referring to the machine advertised by ‘Zala’?[/quote]

Yes, I was refering to Zala’s machine. It is very similar to the SM-500 I used to have.

AussieRobert:
Now you see why I tell everyone that if they are only going to buy one electrolysis book, this is the one to buy. This is also why I tell people to try to find the first edition rather than the abridged new version easily available from book stores. The old version has all that “useless information” like how to position the subject of your work for best angles, and different set up and use things that is hard for one to learn, even when you have hands on instruction.

maybe. probably. (and i believe…).

rather than the abridged new version easily available from book stores.

Emphasis by me. You are joking, aren’t You?
Did You try to buy a copy recently? Outside the US?

The old version has all that “useless information” like how to position the subject of your work for best angles, and different set up and use things that is hard for one to learn, even when you have hands on instruction.

Which i consider extremly important.

But admittedly i do have problems with suggestions which are almost impossible to realize. I consider it much easier to buy high end electrology equipment despite lacking financial background than obtaining a copy of Bono’s book.

Actually we need a reprint of the first edition. Or better a new book based on it and discussing the most recent and advanced techniques (such as evolvoblend…) Maybe in a Print-on-demand selling model.

The way I hear it, If I don’t do that updated book, on the print on demand model, it probably won’t happen any time soon.

Which might have the potential to become “The Bono/Walker” in the niche it covers …

Hi All,

I have not been on lately but just happened to look around today. Oddly enough I have gone through 2 probe holders for my Dectro in the past 2 months. It seems to me that the newer probe holders are tighter and I have to push up with my hand to install the probe. This puts undue stress on the base of the holder and bends the wire at the base of the holder - thus a break in the wire there. I think the top of the probe holder is too tight. I’ve tried to loosen it and then the probe falls out! Frustrating!

Maryellen

My greatest disappointment is in the quality of the Platinum Probe holders. The wires are thin as tissue paper, and the connections break more easily than the ones on the SX-500 and back. Anyone doing body work just has to expect to break a probe holder by the end of, say, a back clearance, due to the angle of insertion. I too have found the brass fitting for the probes to be fragile as well.

James, if you did decide to continue Mr. Bono’s book and do it as print on demand, I know someone who could help you make that happen :wink:

Hmm, sounds like this is becoming a real possibility. I guess I will be putting off reading Quigley’s “Tragedy and Hope” on my vacation.

Do not forget to print a version in Spanish (Castilian). I want to be the first to get that book. Too much to ask if the mine contains a dedication? :confused:

Not only would you get a dedication, but I think you, Gina and Fran would be the Spanish Proof Readers. :wink:

Apparently they offer only a simple manual thermolysis device (the de-4000) and the de-6000. What about the others?
Any source to used equipment?
Which of the devices allow what you described in “blend adopted to these times”, i.e. multiple flash with underlying galvanic or some variant of puled blend with short pulses of ~0.2 s ?

Thx

Beate

Are they incompatible with the older needle holders?

(Although my previous posting here might suggest something different, i am saving my money to buy a pure asap [but further improving my optical system seems to be more important])

Beate

The Platinum and Platinum Pure share a distinct probe holder & cord set that is different from that used by the other machines. One can use the same probe holder on an SX-500, SM-500, Cleo, or Senior models.

What a pity. I have a spare probe holder for my Junior.

I’m not sure I understand your question, Beate.

The Blend Sorisa machines is not Flash more galvanic. This is what is being called slowly thermolysis more galvanic.
The adaptation is simultaneously, a second galvanic and a second slow Thermolysis.
The parameter we change depending on the thickness of hair is the intensity of the Thermolysis. As in the same area there are different thicknesses of hair, the time is controlled manually by the pedal and not the machine’s computer.

I have tried all variations of Blend that come with the Apilus Platinum and none allows me to remove a bulk of axillae hair or leg in a second. Neither Omniblend nor picoblend nor Multiblend (I’m not sure that these are the correct names).

Dear Josefa,

Thanks very much. I think i understand.
BTW,i am asking not about a machine for me (to what device should i upgrade from an apilus junior in really good condition except to a pure?) but for someone who is not fluent in english.

Beate

If you are going up from the Junior, you can do the Senior One, or the Senior Two, SM-500, or the SX-500, and they would all use the same probe holder.

Yes, i am aware of that.

But from the possibilities of these devices there is only one upgrade step of practical relevance - simply because replacing the junior by one of the “larger” 13 MHz machines is not a real win for the quality of my work. Things would be different if i still had to upgrade from the cosmomed machine.

(You might notice that i am quite happy with the junior; my intention on the long run is to use it as my backup device).

Beate

Hi, i have recently bought an Epil 100. Do you know where i can get advice online on how to operate it at home, please? Thanks.

I answered your other post, basically recommended learning about electrolysis first. Read Michael Bono’s book “The Blend Method”, especially the chapter on High Frequency (chapter 4). First learn some basics before you start zapping yourself with that.