Yet another scabbing question

Hi!
I recently had my second thermolysis session. After the first session, my skin healed fine, a bit of redness and hyperpigmentation, but nothing too bad. After the 2nd session, I got a quite a bit more scabbing, and the size of the scabs is concerning me. I tried to search through this forum to see whether they’re still within normal parameters, but most posts asking similar questions have

dead links to photos.

Please excuse the disgusting flakes on the skin, they’re from a wound gel.

Small note: The giant thing under my lip is not a scab, just a mole :sweat_smile:

Dear “Yet another scabbing question.” Frankly this website should change its name from Hairtell to “Pits and Scabs!” And, of course, clients ARE concerned when they see such fearsome post-op “details.”

You have some hefty hairs and “details” are expected. Not nice; but these should not be a long-term problem. I have, however, my all-time question that never gets answered: “What did you say to your electrologist … and what was her response?”

ANY practitioner should welcome feedback … however, WAY too many do not. Not responding to a concerned client deserves a “Will Smith” in the kisser … or at least some “review on Yelp!” Example: my nephew had a routine blood test that went bad (still has some pain). He went back to the lab for suggestions and they refused to talk with him. VERY BAD public relations. (photo of his beat-up arm … that will resolve.)

1 Like

Thank you very much, it must be tiring to hear the same five questions on a loop! But this is relieving to hear. I in fact did not speak to my electrologist yet, you are right that she should contacted first.

Maybe put a slip into the suggestions box regarding the renaming idea? :joy:
And buy your nephew a beer to speed up recovery, this for sure doesn’t look pretty!

A client should not have to spend one minute worrying. A good suggestion would be for electrologists to phone the client the next day. Just knowing somebody is “on it” makes all the difference. Reassurance goes a long way! We are supposed to be in the “caring business” … so that’s what we should do … CARE!

1 Like

And on that subject, to put your mind at ease, I see nothing concerning with this photo. You’re going to get a little scabbed and dinged up through electrolysis, but there’s nothing of concern here. All should heal perfectly.
I’m certain uncle mikey has a story about how some famous beverly hills electrologist would tell their clients they were going to look like a train wreck, well, it’s true. But dont sweat the small stuff. Scabs ( even sometimes slightly larger scabs) well, that will happen. There are no warning signs here though, no excesive swelling, no leaking plasma , just some minor scabbing that will resolve fully and completely. Have faith in your skins power to heal, and in your electrologist, and as mike say, talk to them!

Also, no point in putting that wound gel on your face. Best thing to use, is cool water or nothing at all. Not a thing will help you heal faster or better that you can possibly put on your skin.

Thanks Seanna, that’s quite reassuring to hear. Is there maybe a compilation of pictures of what would NOT be ok? How would leaking plasma etc. look like? Similar to that one thread with pictures of expected temporary side effects.

The wound gel is just an antiseptic (octenidine), water, and some cellulose as a thickening agent. I figured it can’t hurt to put it on for the first few days.

Oh yes … Daniel Eastman. He was “something else” and lectured to our group several times: always entertaining and eagerly listen to. 1980s-early 2000s.

He said, “Honey you’re going to look like a horror story” … to new clients.He “outed” his famous movie star clients (I think mostly made up?) and was sort of “Mr. Electrolysis” for years. I believed about half of his stories … I met him later in Hawaii and he said, “Well, maybe I WAS a bit too much?” He was regretful … but didn’t need to be, I mean, it’s HOLLYWOOD.

Danny had a thriving office in the Hollywood Health Club and had a staff of about 10. His own line of cosmetics and appearances on many TV shows at the time. (He had custom wall paper made with his logo and initials “DE.”) He called himself “DE.”

I believe he had 10 Hinkel machines; and later Hinkel said, "Well, he never paid me … but he did help popularize electrolysis, to that’s fine … " Hinkel had a very soft heart!

1 Like