Yasmin questions

Ok so I know there are a lot of posts about yasmin but ive been finding so much conflicting or vague information on the internet i wanted to see if anyone here can help.

If Yasmin does work- do you lose hair? Does it just become lighter? FAll out? I want permanent hair removal with electrolysis and in addition to the hair i already have I seem to rapidly be growing facial hair now- which i always just had peachfuzz. I’m worried the Yasmin will suppress or make me lose the hair so that I can’t treat it now in electrolysis, then when I go off the medication in a few years (assuming that it works at all) I will be faced with all this hair and even more growth (bc of all the hair growth it suppressed)…If it just lightens the hair maybe I can still treat the lightened hair with electrolysis so when i go off it doesnt come back dark??? Anyone have any answers or suggestions?

(side note: I am also considering going on Yasmin because I tend to get a bad case of acne around my period every month.)

Since the only effect of Yasmin on hairs would be a hormonal change, the best it could hope to do is reduce the thickness and maybe color of the hairs. Once a hair is triggered to grow by hormones, it never goes away without permanent hair removal. It may get thinner and lighter to the point that you don’t care anymore, but it won’t go away.

Thanks for the reply. I went to my obgyn yesterday and she told me that Yasmin doesn’t have any effect on hair growth whatsoever…weird because my last obgyn said the same thing…I told her that I read so much online about how it CAN for some people effect it on some level and she just said “forget about what you read online”…she seemed to think that only spiro or metformin would effect it at all…

once a hair starts growing it can only get thinner, and change color, it never stops growing.

yeah…i asked her if it would make the hair thinner or even less noticeable at all and she looked at me like it was the craziest thing she heard and said definitely not- tha it would have 0 effect on the hair.