Wrong place lasered

Last Thursday I had a laser treatment for the hair on my neck. I am always very satisfied with the results I get. but I also clearly stated that they should not laser to close to my beardline in the neck.

On Thursday I was already afraid that they lasered a little too close to my beard line and now I see to my horror that it is also very red and swollen.So I am afraid that my beard line is no longer so even and that she is not fully listened to what I asked of them.

Now my question is: is, with one laser treatment, my beard line damaged forever? there were beautiful thick hairs that made a clear contrast between my neck and my beard. I just simply hope that the hairs can restore but my skin still looks red.

likely not. Laser isnt all that effective from the first treatment, and once it grows in you will note very little difference I would think. It is howeever something to take up with the laser place and make sure you make certain they understand you consider this unacceptable. I dont think any damage done and long term it shouldnt be noticeable.

1 Like

One treatment mishap is not likely to cause a visible irregularity but I would be concerned about consistency in treatments to make sure the exact same line and edge is kept throughout your treatments. It can be a challenge for techs because laser beam is circular and your goal is to create a straight line. Some techs use white index cards or wide spatulas to help separate the laser beam so it doesn’t hit unwanted areas and to keep a sharp edge.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Is it possible the damaged hair will restore?. It looks really red

given that your beard is a light brown to red, Honestly it would not surprise me if it didnt have any effect at all on the growing beard hair assuming consistent colouring. Generally these colors of hair dont contain enough pigment to conduct the light energy into the hair. Unless the hair on your neck is a lot darker than what we see in your beard ( unlikely but it does happen) I honestly dont think you are a great candidate for laser in the first place. I will say in such a case, you have little to worry about . That said, I’m not a laser tech and both fenix or Nora could tell you more. than I could in regards to this.

Seana

1 Like

You are safe. I don’t know of any laser that will affect red hair.

i don’t think any existing laser, diode & ipl machines will work on your red hair. If it does, please update me what machine on this Earth can effectively do that.

I strongly believe that your therapist is dishonest.

I think it is darker than you guys think. Here is a picture of mij back. The hair is pritty dark i guess?

Is it laserable?

While it may look darker at a distance, your back hair is reddish/light brown. Generally speaking, light-brown and red hair does not have enough pigment density for laser hair removal to work. Your only hope would be a short-wavelength alexandrite laser (no diode, no YAG). Even with an alexandrite, I would be surprised if it worked.

She is using the lumenis m22 when she is lasering me

Do a test patch on your back. Sit back and wait 4 weeks… Laser the area again. Sit back and wait 4 weeks. Continue this plan for a year and see what happens? You can spend a lot of money lasing the whole back to find out it didn’t work or that you have more active follicles than when you started.

The machine isn’t something special/unusual and I strongly believe any current light/optical therapies would work to destroy your hair follicles.