Wow - I feel pretty lucky...

Hi, everyone,
I discovered this wonderful, wonderful site a few days ago after I had my first laser treatment (for my underarms - it went well). I have, like all of you, been embarrassed about my body hair for a long time. I am fair-skinned with dark hair, and have endured ineffective shaving for years and more recently ineffective waxing. I had been afraid of the expense and pain associated with electrolysis, and the lack of time that lasers have been around. Now I think there may be a light at the end of the tunnel for me. I don’t even care if all the hairs go away, as long as the amount of pigment decreases as I’ve read. I’ll be thrilled!
Anyway, to my point - my “problem” now seems very minor compared to many of yours. You all are so brave! I know how I feel about the perpetual five o’clock shadow I have on my legs and my underarms, and the somewhat excessive amount of hair around my bikini line and I don’t like it! I have stopped wearing shorts and skirts and keep my arms firmly glued to my side when I wear sleeveless tops. But that’s where my issues end. I can’t imagine how hard it must be for those of you ladies with facial hair issues. I get my eyebrows waxed, but that’s all I really feel like I need to do. I think someday I’ll probably need to do something about my upper lip, but for now it’s fine.
My heart goes out to all of you - I hope you are all able to find a hair removal method that is effective for you and will give you back your self-confidence!

Thanks for the supportive post! I’m glad your unwanted hair is manageable. One of the most supportive things you can do is to check back in and let us all know how it’s going for you. Many of us here are encouraged when we read about others taking control of their unwanted hair issues, so your results could give someone the courage and confidence to take steps to help themselves.

Again, your post was very thoughtful, and I hope we hear from you again soon!