Wound after Brow electrolysis

Hello there, I have some questions.

I did my friend brow electrolysis. When I first made it, I used thermolysis, and at second session I used flash. I used k2 golden ballet needle. The redness after session is normal but after 14 days there was still a red wound. I know Brow area is very sensitive but the red wound is still there after 14 days. What do you think about this ? What do you recommend me about this ?

This is 14 days after first session

And this was before first electrolysis session

After second session

After second session

research : Angiogenesis

I did. But the sources says “creation of some new vascular patterns or cancer cells. So at that point I’m really confused what you meant ? Can you tell me
Please :pray:

I’m wondering if these points I marked with red will heal or not :frowning:

I’m going to recommend you have a look at this video

The part you want starts at around the 4 minute mark.

You can see the complete series here and I do recommend that you do:

Seana

I’m going to say that you are right what I am talking about is the creation of new vascular patterns. Michael does a REALLY good job in this video, and I think it’s shameful that they arent teaching new electrologists this stuff in school. The healing skin video is a learning tool to identify and explain skin healing. I want you asking questions, because that is how you will learn. But expect that I will make you find that information for yourself on occasion.
But yes, angiogenesis involves the establishment of new blood bearing vascular passages in the area affected by a wound such as that we inflict with an electrolysis probe. These passages are visible through a thin epidermal layer at the top of the follicle and so are visible as a red spot on the skin. This is a part of the healing process of the skin. For the rest of what to expect, watch the series. Then watch it again and again :slight_smile:

3 Likes

These eyebrows were over treated. Yes they will heal. Yes thank goodness angiogenesis is happening and the body is a wonderful healing machine. But I can tell you to check your settings. We are doing controlled damage to the follicle without visible damage to the skin, especially on the face. The eyebrows will heal but do check your settings.

2 Likes

You are correct Psychologist.
If you just search the term, you will see a lot on cancer. Cancer cells “call forth” new blood vessels (angiogenesis); but the process is also natural in wound healing. Cancer treatments sometimes focus on this “calling forth” and the thinking is that if neovascularization can be eliminated, the tumor will die. However, this is definitely NOT my topic, I’m just “tawkin” here …

I wouldnt immediately jump to settings, though Joyce’s concerns are valid. Reviewing settings to a somewhat gentler setting might be beneficial however. Brow hairs tend not to be very deep, and benefit from the use of an insulated probe. I suspect a stainless or gold probe may have been used. This would lead to more surface skin reaction. Generally with brows we want to be very precise with where we allow our thermolysis energy do it’s damage. Aim for a good release of the hair at the lowest threshold of current and find your sweet spot then dont excede that level.

1 Like

I don’t know if we’re talking to the electrologist on this … but, I have a few small A (real) tapered needles I could send her. I’d love for her to experience the difference … and report back.

1 Like

Thank you all for your recommendations :pray: and thank you for your help .

I live in Turkey, We have only Ballet brand needles here. I used a Golden K2. And my machine has power 1 to 9, I used power at 6, and I think it’s so much for Brows right ?

This was very helpful, thank you :heart_eyes:

Thank you so much :pray:

I use Ballet all the time. I don’t know your machine settings but do suggest you start lower and work up to a level that allows the hair to be removed easily with no plucking. Eyebrows are a delicate area to work on. It’s great to understand the healing process of skin and know how to explain the process to your clients but….knowing how to treat with as little surface damage is key, especially on the face. Your clients will appreciate it.

1 Like