will hair definately go back to normal after shavi

I understand that shaving does not make hair grow back thicker, and it just looks thicker because it is cut off and not tapered at the end anymore. So if I shave an area that has very fine hair, and now it looks darker because the ends are not tapered, will it eventually go back to how it used to be?

Yes, it will grow back to how it originally looked before it was cut.

If you shave fine hair and the ends are no longer tapered, it doesn’t mean the hair will look darker?!

I have to disagree. I know a girl who tried shaving her upper lip and when it started to grow back (in about a week) it looked terrible. I know it wasn’t really any darker but it was a lot more noticible than if she had just left it. Just wondering if things like this would go back to exactly how they were before shaving.

Well, go ahead and disagree. Many studies have been done over the last century and the conclusions are all the same - shaving has no affect on hair growth. Hair is darker at the skin’s surface and lighter as it tapers toward the end of the hair.

http://www.electrology.com/consumer/shavingandhairgrowth.html
http://www.carefair.com/hair/shaving_against_the_grain_1844.html

http://www.ehow.com/way_5296174_shaving-increase-hair-growth.html

http://viewstonews.com/index.php/shaving-has-no-effect-on-hair-growth-thickness-and-colour/health

I already answered your last question above, but will patiently repeat my answer “Yes, it will grow back to how it originally looked before it was cut.”

If you disagree, then so be it.

What I mean is that because hair is cut off the thicker darker part of the hair starts growing and becoming longer so that the hair no longer has a fine tapered end. The person I know now has lip hair that is the normal length for upper lip hair, and it has stopped growing at this point, but it is not tapered at the end, so actually is thicker at the ends than if she had left it. I am not sure of the science behind how it goes back to normal, but does anyone know how long it takes approximately?

A hair that has been cut or shaved will still only grow the same length of time (and same length of measurement) as it originally grew. Hair on a females upper lip should return to “normal” after 6 to 12 weeks once all cutting or shaving is stopped. Since we are all different - it could take less time or more time - it just depends on the individual.

What would be seen from a magnified view would be those trimmed hairs slowing shedding and being replaced with hair which is tapered at the point or beginning. (I hesitate to use “end” since I think of that as being last and not first!)

What I have noticed over time is that when people start shaving hairs, they are doing so because the hair has started in coarsening and lengthening. They then feel guilty for having made it happen by shaving, when in fact the shaving only cut the hair off at the surface. A period of time with shaving then spoils them with the clean look of their skin, and then they are “hooked” and any growth looks worse than they remembered it looking before. All of this in the midst of hormones (genetics included) or medications causing their hair to coarsen and this reinforces their idea that shaving made it happen. It’s a vicious cycle.

The hairs that have been shaved do not grow as before. The hair becomes thicker, and constant shaving makes the hairs more course, and longer. That is what I have noticed in my legs.

Did you make this post to tell us about your observations or to push dietary supplements in your signature?

Shaving does not affect hair growth.

A persons physiology makes hair become thicker and longer (or thinner and shorter) due to hormones, genetics or the medications (including vitamins) taken. Shaving cannot generate changes in the hair follicle, since all you are doing is removing dead cells from the surface.

Many people believe this myth, which makes me wonder that the enjoyment of hair-free skin spoils a person to become more aware and self-conscious of any hair that grows. Also, the fact that a person becomes aware of the hair to begin with, coincides with those physiological changes that made their hair growth begin to increase.

If you are worried, just bleach the hair while it is in its inbetween stage.

Those supplements you’re shamelessly promoting are probably causing your growth. Stop using and sellin them and see what happens.