why sooner treatments with laser than electrolysis?

why is it recommended that laser hair removal treatments be 4-5 weeks apart when electrolysists taught me that growth cycles are approximately 3-months (or 4 cycles per year)?

Is laser NOT also more effective on hairs in the first “anagen” phase as with electrolysis? If so, why the closer treatment cycles for laser?

Thanks!

it depends on the areas going to be treated
i want to have my stomach treated and im advised to have the treatment every 12 weeks (=3months)

Treatment should be scheduled every 6 to 8 weeks to be most effective.

</font><blockquote><font size=“1” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>quote:</font><hr /><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Originally posted by hairfetish:
<strong>Treatment should be scheduled every 6 to 8 weeks to be most effective.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size=“2” face=“Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif”>Could you expand on this, please, hairfetish?

Why every 6 - 8 weeks? Wouldn’t it depend on the area being treated? What happens if you leave it longer so more hair grows back?

Hair growth cycles depend on the area of the body. Here is a discussion of hair growth cycles. If you wait longer than the appropriate length of time, a hair could have grown in and then become dormant (and untreatable) again, before the next treatment.

[ December 30, 2003, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: htky ]

Thanks for that link, htky. I’d actually seen that thread already, which is why I’m so curious as to where hairfetish gets the 6-8 weeks from. Maybe I don’t understand the issue properly, but it looks to me like the times in that thread varied from 4 - 14 weeks. :confused: