Why it makes sense to transition before electrolysis

As any electrolysis will tell you there are women out there with a lot of facial hair. I must say thought that you’re not a sexy lady if you have facial hair. I would agree that one needs to get rid of facial hair first then go full time. If you have lots of money and can do hormones and beard removal great. If not get rid of the beard first!

I for one, believe that one should not be pushed into anyones timetable. A transperson themselves best understand what they need to do in order to survive.
That being said, there are those who transition without having hair removed, and then feel like they have no choice but to do marathon hair removal sessions because of their appearance and their new livelihoods.
Only the transperson knows what they can endure at any point in time. I feel, my purpose, as an electrologist, is to try an help whenever that individual is ready. Not my timetable, but theirs.

The timetable must certainly be that of the client. However, for most TS Women, as soon as possible is the usual time table.

There are many reasons why it works out easier if one at least starts electrolysis before transition, but if one doesn’t, speed will be a high priority when one does get going.

Hi:

Just from personal experience, getting rid of as much facial hair as possible prior to transition is important.Gettng rid of any beard shadow is important since it is almost impossible to hide it without looking overly “made up”.

Then after going full time, if you still need hair removal you have to let the facial hair grow out so it can be seen and removed. If you aren’t fairly advanced in the permanently removed department,what you grow out is going to look pretty gross to yourself,and probably totally disgust you. Even the feel of it will probably disgust you.

I have been getting electrolysis for 4 years now, and just need minor clean up for any remaining facial hair. I don't wear foundation except for very special occasions.

Alicia

Oh yes, the one thing my TG clients all remark about is going from Beard Cover to Mary Kay to Bare Skin with just lipstick and eyeliner. It is a liberating experience.

I think one should start electrolysis as far ahead of transition as it possible. I was quite unlucky, and had a thick, dark beard shadow by the time I was about 16 (which is also when I started electrolysis…took ages since I didn’t have much money.) Transition at that point was out of the question, since I knew that my beard shadow would give me away and I had no interest in looking like a drag queen. Not to mention, one has to let the hair grow for a few days before treatments, which means time spent having stubble…not the most attractive thing for a “woman” to have. By waiting to start transition attempts until AFTER my face was mostly cleared, I got to avoid any of the horrors of trying to cover up beard shadow, or timing my life around hair removal.