Why do some men leave their hair alone?

How come some guys like Robin Williams and Ron Jeremy dont care about there body hair? You dont see them selling out and getting laser done. I think magazines telling the public how everyone is supposed to look is ruining everyones life. Just cause some idiot invented a razor a long time ago, now humans have to shave their faces and legs. Why has hair become an embarrassment in society. I give mad props to people that dont give in and be themselves. I feel sorry for people that try to look like how Tommy Hilfiger or Calvin Klein tells them how to look.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I have chosen to have my facial hair treated with a laser . . .

I can tell you that it’s not just about looks, but functionality as well.

I could just let my beard grow out forever, but I think the dirt, food, and other yucky stuff that would get stuck in it would not it a pleasant experience (at least for me).

I have also observed that since I started having LHR treatments, my (previously really bad) acne has subsided quite a bit.

It usually starts acting up as it gets warmer (I live in Southern California), but it hasn’t this time around since I started getting treatments.

I don’t know if this is because dirt and oil (which would stick to the hair and cause it to deposit into the pore) don’t have anywhere to stick to, or just some kind of residual effect of the laser, but there are other reasons besides just looks that people don’t want hair in certain places . . .

Also, for the record, the rest of my body has not been treated by LHR, and probably won’t be . . . Although I’m in my early 20s, and my body hair is not as bad as it could be . . . maybe when I’m 28 it will be different.

I have tried trimming (not shaving) my body hair before, and I can tell you that it’s much faster and easier to keep clean . . .

Anyway, everybody is free to make their own choices–some like it, and some want it gone.

It sounds like you are wavering or questioning what you “really” like . . .

So think it out, and decide for yourself.

But as for me, I like my face being smooth . . .

:wink:

Ron Jeremy would still look ugly even if he was hair free. He’s a sorry looking person. Madman Hairy, is it your goal here to try and start trouble with people, cause that’s what it seems like in your posts trying to call people out. It makes you look like an idiot, no offense.

[ May 01, 2003, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Todd D. ]

Well, to answer your question, I don’t think guys like Robin Williams and Ron Jeremy have to work for corporations and businesses that have clean shavin policies which require them to shave everyday. People have to make a living somehow. How long do you expect us to live primitvely.
I don’t know if you have the same situation but try to envision a man , a really hair man that whenever he shaves his face, his thick stubble causes him to bleed everywhere. And after the painful procedure his face is sore and inflamed and irritated. And even then his face still has a 5 o’clock shadow!
Please do try to put yourself in other peoples shoes.

to add my two cents - I don’t remove hair because of what anyone else says I or anyone else should look like. I prefer not to be hairy. It feels neater and cleaner to me along with the fact that I like how it looks to me, not anyone else. some people may remove their hair because they think the magazines or whatever say what looks good, etc. but that is true for men and women and it is not just about hair. It is everyone’s choice. I have found that many men, once they see magazines, etc that show smooth men, start to feel it is accepted and act on their desire to be smooth. But then again, some men like being hairy and that is ok too.
Just my thoughts.