White hyperpigmentation on upperlip area not fading this time

Hello, i have a bit of tanned skin, and went with diode laser. At first i used to get white hyperpigmentation that used to fade after 2 weeks, but after my 3rd session which was much heavier treatments than the 2 others, the white hyperpigmentation doesnt seem to fade away that easily. Is there any creames that can help healing?

Also is it possible to tan at an indoor sunbed to help speed up the process?

Did you develop white spots? Those are referred to as Hypopigmentation it’s different from hyperpigmentation. In these situations you need to seek advice of a dermatologist. From what I’ve read white spots/hypopigmentation are a more challenging process to correct.

Hi. They are not spots, but more the whole upper lip area that is whiter than the rest of the face… Its basically in the middle of the upper lip where the laser took place

Hi, this is post inflammatory hypopigmentation (PIH) which means due to trauma/inflammation the body ceases to produce melanin ( melanin is the pigment which gives our skin, hair and eyes their colour). It is vitally important to follow pre and aftercare to the letter, any scabs that form must be left to fall off naturally (these are natures bandaid), no heat treatments for 5 days list treatment, and a sunblock is used prior and post any kind of skin treatment for all skin tones, especially higher Fitzpatrick types to help prevent hyper/hypopigmentation. Treatments for PIH include topical steroids/creams or oral medication from a medical professional. Also IPL treatments which should even out skin tone over a period of time. These must be undertaken by a dermatologist or a trained/qualified/experienced laser technician . Do your research before engaging anyone. Please do not use sun beds at any time. The risk of skin cancer is high. Good luck :crossed_fingers:t4: