Which method leaves the least amount of scarring

Guys,

I am taking up the project of getting my fine hairs removed by my sister. I will be trying to make the DIY machine ( I have an engineering degree so I shall figure it out) . the only thing I am worried about is that it will scar me and I will be worse off that I started. So, as I gather, galvanic is the basic method, so, it will involve least scarring. Am I right? ( I will take care to have lower settings)

Galvanic is most forgiving method in terms of ease of learning and making mistakes that could scar you. Automatic Flash/thermolysis is most prone to scarring because of currents are high and deliver in fractions of a second.
If you want to learn a method that treats faster than galvanic then Blend is a better middle ground as thermolysis currents in blend are lower and release slower/in seconds not fractions of seconds which is more forgiving for novice operator. But all modalities can still scar if currents are improperly administered or cranked up incorrectly.

1 Like

ANY method can cause irreversible damage if not done correctly.
To know how to perform electrolys properly takes learning and practice. Why risk your health and appearance by going DIY?
Fine hair, by the way, takes much more skill to remove carefully than thick, coarse hair. You need to know the correct depth (this depends on the growth stage), angle and settings. You need to know which skin reaction is normal and which indicates it’s been over-treated.
Of course, nobody can stop you if you’re firmly set on doing it yourself but I would at least get a machine which is specifically built for this. It will probably cost just as much as if you were building it from scratch.
And if someone uses that machine already you could, perhaps, ask them for avarage settings for the area and hair type you want to remove.

1 Like

This is said with kindness. Electrolysis should only be carried out by a trained, experienced and qualified practitioner. If not, you can and most likely be scarred. Compare it to someone who does not have your knowledge of engineering (zero knowledge) and them trying to build a machine! As electrologists we spend a lot of time and money on getting the correct training, knowledge and qualifications to carry out treatments very safely. If you wanted a tooth extracted you would go to a dentist, if you needed an operation you’d find a surgeon! Please find someone with experience to help you.

If your hair is very fine then look to get DMK Alkaline Wash from a certified DMK practitioner. Perfect for vellus hair.

1 Like

With respect to the 2 electrologists who seem to feel differently, I a have a uniquely differing opinion on DIY electrolysis . In fact, if it werent for reaching out here on hairtell and following a route of DIY I would not only have completed my own fce, but I never would have learned and become an electrologist myself. You will never hear me telling someone “you will most likely be scarred” because clearly if I did it without scarring myself horribly, it is possible to do safely. This site was built on the sharing of information about electrolysis DIY AND Professional. Please try to be supportive of those looking to learn electrolysois, whatever their path.
Seana