Which laser should i buy for home use?

Hi!

I’m considering to buy a laser for permanent hair removal, but i dont know much about them. Do these machines really work, or are they only waste of money. Can you recommend me one, please? I have light skin, and hairs are brown - dark brown.

Thanks…

There’s seriously a thousand forum posts on this topic, search the thread as this question has been answered a million time. No home machine produces permanent results, only temporary. The only way to get permanent removal is with a professional laser at a clinic period.

A professional laser at a clinic is NOT the only option. You can also consider electrolysis! It takes more time and determination, but it is much less of a gamble than laser.

There is no home device that is going to remove hair permanently for you. They have made quite a few advancements in the past few years with a couple of devices, which can basically mimic the effects you might get from a professional treatment. Such as the same temporary appearance of laser, and an extended period of being hair-free as compared to shaving. BUT, there is NO chance you will be able to rid you hair permanently from coming back with one of these home devices.

Don’t use a home laser, it’s a waste (I bought one myself). Try pro laser for areas that have wonderful success rates (lower legs, bikini, armpits, maybe forearms, etc…) if you are a good candidate. Electrolysis for the missed bits and all the other areas.

It should be pointed out that while SOME products sold as home use L.A.S.E.R.s actually do deliver some cosmetic results, most deliver little, or nothing for the hundreds or thousands of dollars paid. The scammy LD80 and all the other LD(insert number here) products are just flashlights in cheap aluminum boxes.

Thank you all for your answers!

@TommyW: Can electrolysis be done at home also? What would you recommend?

@James W. Walker: Can you tell me which products deliver some results?

Regards…

The question is what hair are you trying to remove? The possibility of permanent hair removal at home depends on the skill and equipment needed to work on the body part(s) being cleared. With that information we could do a much better job of helping you.

I have some hair on my back (not that much really), those must all go. On other body parts (arms, legs, chest) i would only like to reduce the number and size of hairs. My skin is light and hairs are mostly pretty dark.

The only things that do anything worth your time in the home use light based hair removal market are Tria, Silk’n, and No-No (also marketed as No!No!, No No, NO-NO, and so on.)

The thing about these however, is that your results are really only comparable to waxing or shaving. If you discontinue use of the products, your hair generally returns with full force and fury in 6 months to a year’s time, if not worse due to the constant irritation of the use of the machines over time.

If the amount of hairs on the back is not all that much, I could not see a good reason to do L.A.S.E.R. on it, but that is a personal opinion of mine, that is not shared by many other people (although it IS shared by many others :wink: ).

If you can recruit a partner to trade work between the two of you, purchase of a good serviceable professional unit would be less than a one time treatment over the entire area you are discussing, and would allow you and your buddy to totally finish the job of clearing each other out in the course of about 2 to 3 years. During the time you are working, you may even look finished as you continue to work at it, if you can put in enough work to clear out areas, and then work on keeping them clear. One can see hairs via magnification long before they are visibly noticeable to a person standing a conversational distance of 4 feet or more away.

Good Luck in what ever you try.

Agreed, if you only have a “little” hair on your back, laser would be a pretty big waste. Go with electrolysis for that.

Thank you guys, you helped me a lot :slight_smile: … i’ll try electrolysis.

Laser is ONLY for larger areas with DARK COARSE hair. COARSE is very important. Laser only works on COARSE hair. For everything else. you need electrolysis.

Laser can get you a reduction on the areas that have dense coarse hair if you have just a couple treatments. It’s important to find a good clinic who won’t miss spots so you won’t have patchy results.

Electrolysis is not something that’s recommended to attempt at home. It’s too time-consuming to learn it for an average person. You basically have to become almost a professional electrologist. It doesn’t sound like that’s for you.

Your best best is a combination. Laser for larger areas with coarse hair and professional electrolysis for finer hair.