When to give up on home laser treatments?

Please does anyone know how long should we give home laser treatments before giving up? Has anyone experience of this?

I have been using a Rio scanner laser for 6 months (housebound & can’t get out to salon) now & nothing’s happened. The aperture is surprisingly small (although it claims to treat 60 hairs at time), so treatment is very slow and laborious. I’ve managed to treat my whole face every two weeks. My hair is very dark & my skin light so in theory it should work.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but home devices don’t work, just check these forums here. They’re no where near powerful enough to permanently destroy a hair folicle. If anything they just temporarily disable it or cause it to grow back slower but it’s not permanent. Never seen the Rio before but I’ve owned the Silk’n and while it does slow hair growth down, it comes back after awhile, and it also depends on the area. I treated the top of my hands with it and the hair is only now starting to come back and that area hasn’t been done in 2 months at least, but I also did my face and under arms every 2 weeks for a couple months just like hands, but saw no change at all.

Don’t touch your face with that thing!

It’s a lot more likely to induce hair on your face rather then remove it.

Unfortunately, if you want to see results, you need to throw it away and read our FAQs asap to figure out which method will actually get you results. It won’t be at-home method.

Also, for any hair that’s not coarse and dense, you’ll need electrolysis, not light-based devices.