What's the highest magnification for electologist

I’m thinking of buying 8.0x loupes or prism loupes. But I don’t know if this is suitable for electrolysis hair removal. Anyone can please recommend me on this?
Thank u,
Nora

I use a 8x circle lamp without issue, that said you will find at that magnification you will experience a very short focal length so make sure you have enough room to work comfortably.People rwgularly use opmi 99 microcopes for electrology which have a 25x or greater magnification

I use microscope which I assembled myself.It gives me magnification between 3.5X and 25X. I usually work with about 10X but for fine blond hair I need all the magnification I have. The working distance is about 15 cm which is good enough room to work comfortably.
Sometimes the magnification is given with diopters instead of real magnification.You can use this formula to approximately calculate the magnification using diopter:

M=D/4+1

where:

M- Magnification
D- Diopter

So if you have magnified lamp 8 diopters the magnification will be only 3X.

Hope this help.

Dimi

Hi All
I just want to clarify myself.
I’m currently use 4.0X reading glasses without any attached light I bought from ebay. I hv found these are my current preference to work with terminal & medium hair. But I want a higher magnification for pluffy vellus super-light-colour blond hair especially in facial & below ears. I don’t like head-set & head-ban. But never tried loupes, flip-ups, prisms or microscopes. So I’m looking for other opinions to share on their experience, feedback & preference. My preference working distance 25-35 cm.
Thank u,
Nora

Also what r your experience or opinion on these? 8.0x prisms http://www.orthosourceonline.com/cart/index.cfm/category/317/surgical-loupes.cfm or https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8-0X-420mm-Working-Distance-Metal-Frame-Portable-Dentist-Surgical-Medical-Binocular-Dental-Loupes-Optical-Glasses/32636210810.html

To work comfortably on fine blonde vellus hair you need high magnification and very good light which only microscope can give you.This is my opinion.

Dimi

Dimi can you show some pics of your microscope setup and how much it cost for you to put it together yourself? Is it a digital USB type scope?

fenix,
You can click on the link below. This is my post on Kijij with some pictures.More pictures you can see if you click on the Google map link in this post. It cost me the same as your Opmi 99.

This post of mine was very old. I’ve bought them already =>

But thank u for your info.