what works for men

i have been toying with the idea of trying one of these over the counter hair removal products for some time. i want to remove the hair on my back, but am thinking of removing my leg hair too. i am a bike rider and am getting more serious about competing. can you recommend anything for me. thank you.

john

Are you considering depilatories or inhibitors? Inhibitors do not really do that much in my experience. Depilatories work OK if the hair isn’t real coarse. I am surprised at the number of people that have complained about burns while using them though. I have used the Hair No More depilatory on my legs with OK results. The results are not much longer lasting than shaving though, half a day max.

My legs were not extremely hairy to begin with but I work out with weights and prefer the hairless look. Once you go smooth, you will not want to go back. If you fall off your bike and scrape yourself you will heal faster if you are hairless. Plus it feels a lot better too.

RJC2001

Welcome, John C!

This section is about a class of products called “hair inhibitors,” which frequently make claims that they can cause changes in hair growth. Some even claim these changes will be permanent.

These sorts of claims have no basis in scientific fact, which is why I urge consumers who demand proof to skip these over-the-counter “hair inhibitors.”

Depilatories, on the other hand, are well-established products designed to dissolve hair above the skin’s surface. This temporary method is useful for some, although the chemicals in these products can irritate the skin. Check out the depilatories forum for more on these legitimate products.

And skip the hair inhibitors until they put out some legitimate proof.