What should I ask my practitioner?

Hi

I have an appointment today wih an electrolysis practitioner. It’s just the first appointment, we’e re not supposed to begin the treatment.

I want to do electrolysis on my face : between my eyebrows, my cheek bones and near my hairline.

What should I ask her to make sure everything is ok ?

I was planning on asking her if she could make a test just to see how my skin react. I just can’t decide which part of my body to choose.

Also, I know hairs grows in several step.

But electrolysis, if done correctly, should kill the hair on the first shot, right ?

I don’t understand why it should take a year to kill all hair on an area.

Thanks for your messages.

The average time to completion is approximately 18 months if the client is compliant with the treatment program and much longer if the client is not compliant. While you might be finished in one year, if the hair growth is driven by hormones it could take two years or longer to finish up. Electrolysis restores the cosmetic appearance of an individual through permanent hair removal but has no control over new hair growth caused by hormones. You can research the hair growth process to further understand how hair grows in cycles and will then understand why electrolysis is a long term treatment program. Bottom line: it works. Electrolysis is the ONLY method of PERMANENT hair removal in the world.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer. I understand that but the VISIBLE hairs that are treated should be gone if they’re treated, right ?

I don’t have hormonal issues.

How do you know you do not have hormonal issues? You don’t! Your follicles could even be hypersensitive to normal hormone levels which would never show up in a test. Electrolysis will kill most hairs the first time, but some will return as regrowth and will need to be retreated.

Okay.

So I did my first session 5 hours ago. Everything was fine, the pain was 3/10.

No redness whatsoever.

I’m wondering if she used sufficient power.

If the hair was removed without traction, sufficient power was used. If all or most of the hair felt like a tweeze the power level was too low.